how do you completely remove a program from PC?

I was using a free trial for Auto Macro Recorder. I really dont feel like paying $30 for the full version but even after uninstalling and deleting the files it still knows I had previously installed it. I want to know how to make it think this is really the first time I am using it. I want it to do what other free trials I have used do. For example whenever Winzip trial expires I just delete and re install and I can use another free trial. Thats what I want to do with this program but it still knows its been installed. What do I need to delete in order for my PC to think this software is new?

10+ Year Old Account
    You should buy it if you like it. Thats the point of a trial. Its not there to let you be a cheapass and keep using the trial.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dabrix32 View Post
    I was using a free trial for Auto Macro Recorder. I really dont feel like paying $30 for the full version but even after uninstalling and deleting the files it still knows I had previously installed it. I want to know how to make it think this is really the first time I am using it. I want it to do what other free trials I have used do. For example whenever Winzip trial expires I just delete and re install and I can use another free trial. Thats what I want to do with this program but it still knows its been installed. What do I need to delete in order for my PC to think this software is new?
    pretty sure most trial programs like that record your IP address, so if you just change it with another program you should be able to download it again ( of course remove the program just through the control panel > remove program) I remember I did it a while ago ad it worked like that when I wanted to use legitimate programs without having to pay.

Use something like CCleaner. All you should need to is click "Cleaner", then you can either Analyze, or just use Run Cleaner, and remove useless/unused files. After that, click Registry right below it, and click "Scan For Issues" and remove the inactive/unused registry entries.

If that doesn't work, then it's tracking that you've used it before through another method, like putting a signature somewhere other than the registry. Downloading it from another site might work, but either way, if you like it and use it a lot, just buy it or something, if not, just use another program instead.

Usually stored in the registry.

You could try going in, searching for the name of the app, see if you find anything. Usually there pretty sluethy about it tho.

Quote Originally Posted by teddytous View Post
    Usually stored in the registry.

You could try going in, searching for the name of the app, see if you find anything. Usually there pretty sluethy about it tho.
    cant find it. used revo uninstaller and it removed everything. its not in my registry anywhere.

As others have stated before, if you like the software that much, then pay for it. It's only $30.

Look at it this way:
    - A developer, or developers, worked on that project to make it a solid product.
    - They offer a free trial so the customer can decide if they like it before paying their hard-earned money for it.
    - If the product is lackluster, then that is the fault of the developers.
    - If the product is solid but the customer doesn't want to pay, then the customer can find another product.
    - If the customer wants to pay but the price is too high, then that is the fault of the greedy sales force.

The same statements can be applied to any software, video games included. If I find demo of a game that I enjoy and the price is $30, I will probably buy the game. If not, I will go find another game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    You should buy it if you like it. Thats the point of a trial. Its not there to let you be a cheapass and keep using the trial.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2legit2quit View Post
    As others have stated before, if you like the software that much, then pay for it. It's only $30.
    That's not what he's asking though. He asking how to completely uninstall all remnants a trial program so that the trial period can start over. It's a technical question, he doesn't want your moral opinion.

To answer the actual question, different programs go about it in different ways. Sometimes an obfuscated registry key is added or a file is stored in some obscure location on the hard drive, some programs record your IP address on a remote server. There are uninstall programs that can track system changes during an install so that it can completely undo the changes when you uninstall.

Quote Originally Posted by Twoddle View Post
    That's not what he's asking though. He asking how to completely uninstall all remnants a trial program so that the trial period can start over. It's a technical question, he doesn't want your moral opinion.
    It is still technically piracy, which is forbidden to discuss around here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Afrospinach View Post
    It is still technically piracy
    According to whom?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    /agree

Quote Originally Posted by Twoddle View Post
    According to whom?
    Technically it is abuse of the trial program, which is more than likely outlined in the EULA.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lel not even close. it's a trial if he wants to trial it out several times before committing to the purchase that's perfectly fine. if you're so concerned about piracy and morals just buy it for him otherwise stop judging him when he hasn't done anything wrong lol.

Here is a hypothetical situation.

Let's say I live next door to a car dealership and I do not own a car. I need a car to get to work though but I do not want to pay for a car. So, I go to the dealership in the morning and ask to test drive a car. The salesman gives me the keys and says I can drive it around town for the day to see if I like it. I drive the car to work and bring it back to the dealership that afternoon. I tell the salesman that I am not interested in purchasing the car and give him back the keys. I repeat the process every day that I have to go to work.

After the salesman catches on to my scam, will he continue to let me test drive a car for the day?

Abusing a software's trial policy is the equivalent of piracy. The user is continuing to make use of the software without purchasing it. Any instruction provided by someone to bypass the trial period would be in violation of the forum rules on software piracy.