Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=119381
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=30283
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=46968
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=108200

Straight off the top of my head. The 5 seconds may be strong in PvP but it's completely irrelevant in PvE. 1-2 sec does the job required which is either to stop a mechanic (bonecrushers on galakras) or delay mobs to get hit by another effect (garrosh)

Monks can't talent their leg sweep to be positioned at range, although they certainly have the mobility to do it comparably (just at a dps loss... although that isn't relevant on current content, it might be in the future)

Shockwave is a cone and requires similar requirements to the monk, but with leap/charge once again the only question is dps loss. They can also choose to get storm bolt instead which removes all of these issues in favour of a single target stun.

Warlocks only get 3 seconds - which is more than enough for PvE.

Dk's are the only ones who pay a comparable price - they can't spend a second talent to make it ranged or a glyph to make it freeze faster, although it does also slow for the duration (which fulfils the same need on garrosh anyway)
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=119381
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=30283
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=46968
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=108200

Straight off the top of my head. The 5 seconds may be strong in PvP but it's completely irrelevant in PvE. 1-2 sec does the job required which is either to stop a mechanic (bonecrushers on galakras) or delay mobs to get hit by another effect (garrosh)

Monks can't talent their leg sweep to be positioned at range, although they certainly have the mobility to do it comparably (just at a dps loss... although that isn't relevant on current content, it might be in the future)

Shockwave is a cone and requires similar requirements to the monk, but with leap/charge once again the only question is dps loss. They can also choose to get storm bolt instead which removes all of these issues in favour of a single target stun.

Warlocks only get 3 seconds - which is more than enough for PvE.

Dk's are the only ones who pay a comparable price - they can't spend a second talent to make it ranged or a glyph to make it freeze faster, although it does also slow for the duration (which fulfils the same need on garrosh anyway)

And exactly NONE of those spells are taking effect after 5/3 seconds with glyph. Try again and do a better job! I asked SPECIFICALLY that ppl point out a spell with the same limitations like capacitor totem. In my knowledge which is vast enough (but doesn't cover everything) i am not away of such spell. Just because they put limitations on other skills like `its a front cone` or `u have to cast it in mele` means it covers 1 of the negatives of capac totem not all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by cheysuli View Post
    Well shamans are doing pretty well. I love playing all three specs so I don't want any overhaul.
    I don't think "overhaul" is the right word, but I would like some changes to Resto. I've been raiding as a Resto Shaman on and off since BC, and MoP is the only time I can't really focus on health bars. While some may say this is good, I don't heal to follow a rotation. I have many DPS toons and tanks that can follow a rotation. I heal to be reactive.

Now I'm watching cooldowns and buffs and occasionally, when everything's on cooldown and I have a couple extra seconds, I may look for someone to cast a direct heal on. But like I said, personally I would much rather watch the ebb and flow of health bars and heal those who need it.

Remorseless winter is very similar to capacitor, the problem being it's both earthbind and capacitor at the same time.
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    I don't think "overhaul" is the right word, but I would like some changes to Resto. I've been raiding as a Resto Shaman on and off since BC, and MoP is the only time I can't really focus on health bars. While some may say this is good, I don't heal to follow a rotation. I have many DPS toons and tanks that can follow a rotation. I heal to be reactive.

Now I'm watching cooldowns and buffs and occasionally, when everything's on cooldown and I have a couple extra seconds, I may look for someone to cast a direct heal on. But like I said, personally I would much rather watch the ebb and flow of health bars and heal those who need it.
    Blizz said they are aiming to fix that with the next exp and return to the policy of `heal whoever needs healing` instead of `spam everyone and everything on cd` since they are unhappy with how healings works out right now. I guess that means good news for u

- - - Updated - - -

Remorseless winter is very similar to capacitor, the problem being it's both earthbind and capacitor at the same time.
    Similar but hardly the same: First the spell slows targets down which is a big plus for it. Second the spell is taking effect after 5 stacks (seconds)which means that although the build up time is the same as capacitor totem the target can not get stunned because it wasn't in there from the begining and didn't get the chance. Also any dmg breaks the stun huge minus.And the target could be immune to cc which makes the target immune to stun although its not immune to stun(or does not give the chance for the target to get enough stacks) Overall since the spell have some similarities they are much much different because of their mechanical structure :| I can not agree that you can compare this spell to CT since its mechanics are too different.

Much better suggestion though i am grateful for your educational suggestion ^_^
    Last edited by mmoce83f2c4e48; 2014-06-08 at 12:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frika View Post
    Blizz said they are aiming to fix that with the next exp and return to the policy of `heal whoever needs healing` instead of `spam everyone and everything on cd` since they are unhappy with how healings works out right now. I guess that means good news for u
    The problem with Resto is even with their new healing model and strategy of "healing whoever needs healing", it isn't going to work within the context of the Resto toolkit.

- About 90% of current Resto output comes from smart healing - HR, HST, CH, HTT. Realistically, the only things that we have that aren't smart heals right now are the 3 (which will be 2 in WoD) single target heals and Riptide (which is more of a spell cast for Tidal Waves and to buff another smart heal - CH than a real output source).
    -Our single target heals actually heal for LESS than those of any other healer (and the Alpha co-efficients show the same pattern). It appears that they tax the 20% Earth Shield bonus to all of our direct heals (despite the fact that you don't generally move Earth Shield around constantly) and it also appears that they tax the output of our direct heals assuming a certain level of mastery gain. Never mind the fact that every other mastery from Harmony to Echo of Light to Illuminated Healing also buffs direct heals. Our single target healing is weak, basically for PvP balance reasons and has been the last 2 expansions.
    -Riptide is not anywhere near competitive with Rejuv or even Renew, and they aren't going to buff it to that level, because Shaman are not intended to be primary HoT healers.
    -With middling single target heals, and an unwillingness from Blizzard to add anything new to the toolkit, those smart heals are going to continue to be the bread and butter of Shaman output it seems. The problem is, with them being changed to heal any injured target instead of being smart, we are going to end up having no control whatsoever of 90% of our throughput.
    -Even if they are able to get the numbers right (which they have failed at until the last tier of the last 2 expansions), the spec is still going to feel awful to play. Yes, having 90% of your healing being mindless smart heals is pretty bad, but at least you know that they will heal people that actually need the healing and at least you know that your mastery will provide strong gains when they dip to low health. Now, you're going to have 90% of your healing locked into dumb heals that give you 0 control whatsoever over who they heal. They can and will heal someone at 99% HP over someone at 10% HP, making our mastery even more unreliable.

Basically, we're still going to heal exactly the way we do now - keep HR dropped on CD, use HST on CD, use Riptide on CD. It will all just be less reliable and less effective. Sure, we will have to spot heal with single target heals, which every healer will have to. However, our single target heals will be weaker than those of other healers.

On top of that, Resto Shaman still have all of the same limitations they do now.
    -Weak mobility. We are basically turret healers as we always have been. Holy Paladins are probably less mobile now, but compare playing a Shaman on a high movement fight to a Druid or either Priest spec.
    -No movement speed capability. I still don't see why every other healer except Shaman has a movement speed talent tier. Celestalon is absolutely refusing to address this calling it "loudness"
    -Crappy personal survivability. Our L15 talents are basically garbage compared to the survival cooldowns that Paladins, Druids, and Monks have access to. Druids lose Symbiosis but are given baseline Survival Instincts as "compensation" despite already having Barkskin and Might of Ursoc. Why is Shamanistic Rage not baseline at the very least?
    -Extreme positional limitations. Yes, the Chaining glyph is losing the 2 second cooldown, but the healing done by HST is being gutted, so our spread healing capabilities are about the same. We're still far inferior to Druids/Priests/Monks in any type of spread AoE healing environment. On top of that, the 10% Improved Healing Rain perk will essentially result in all of our spells being taxed and weaker on any targets not in a HR, making us even more positionally limited.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Po View Post
    Is the totem system for Shaman perfected and the resource system, just perfected?
    AHAHAHAHAHAH!

But seriously, it's just alpha, give it time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiberria View Post
    The problem with Resto is even with their new healing model and strategy of "healing whoever needs healing", it isn't going to work within the context of the Resto toolkit.

- About 90% of current Resto output comes from smart healing - HR, HST, CH, HTT. Realistically, the only things that we have that aren't smart heals right now are the 3 (which will be 2 in WoD) single target heals and Riptide (which is more of a spell cast for Tidal Waves and to buff another smart heal - CH than a real output source).
    -Our single target heals actually heal for LESS than those of any other healer (and the Alpha co-efficients show the same pattern). It appears that they tax the 20% Earth Shield bonus to all of our direct heals (despite the fact that you don't generally move Earth Shield around constantly) and it also appears that they tax the output of our direct heals assuming a certain level of mastery gain. Never mind the fact that every other mastery from Harmony to Echo of Light to Illuminated Healing also buffs direct heals. Our single target healing is weak, basically for PvP balance reasons and has been the last 2 expansions.
    -Riptide is not anywhere near competitive with Rejuv or even Renew, and they aren't going to buff it to that level, because Shaman are not intended to be primary HoT healers.
    -With middling single target heals, and an unwillingness from Blizzard to add anything new to the toolkit, those smart heals are going to continue to be the bread and butter of Shaman output it seems. The problem is, with them being changed to heal any injured target instead of being smart, we are going to end up having no control whatsoever of 90% of our throughput.
    -Even if they are able to get the numbers right (which they have failed at until the last tier of the last 2 expansions), the spec is still going to feel awful to play. Yes, having 90% of your healing being mindless smart heals is pretty bad, but at least you know that they will heal people that actually need the healing and at least you know that your mastery will provide strong gains when they dip to low health. Now, you're going to have 90% of your healing locked into dumb heals that give you 0 control whatsoever over who they heal. They can and will heal someone at 99% HP over someone at 10% HP, making our mastery even more unreliable.

Basically, we're still going to heal exactly the way we do now - keep HR dropped on CD, use HST on CD, use Riptide on CD. It will all just be less reliable and less effective. Sure, we will have to spot heal with single target heals, which every healer will have to. However, our single target heals will be weaker than those of other healers.

On top of that, Resto Shaman still have all of the same limitations they do now.
    -Weak mobility. We are basically turret healers as we always have been. Holy Paladins are probably less mobile now, but compare playing a Shaman on a high movement fight to a Druid or either Priest spec.
    -No movement speed capability. I still don't see why every other healer except Shaman has a movement speed talent tier. Celestalon is absolutely refusing to address this calling it "loudness"
    -Crappy personal survivability. Our L15 talents are basically garbage compared to the survival cooldowns that Paladins, Druids, and Monks have access to. Druids lose Symbiosis but are given baseline Survival Instincts as "compensation" despite already having Barkskin and Might of Ursoc. Why is Shamanistic Rage not baseline at the very least?
    -Extreme positional limitations. Yes, the Chaining glyph is losing the 2 second cooldown, but the healing done by HST is being gutted, so our spread healing capabilities are about the same. We're still far inferior to Druids/Priests/Monks in any type of spread AoE healing environment. On top of that, the 10% Improved Healing Rain perk will essentially result in all of our spells being taxed and weaker on any targets not in a HR, making us even more positionally limited.
    I love you. I couldn't have said that any better myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    AHAHAHAHAHAH!

But seriously, it's just alpha, give it time.
    )))
    suitable for all times

Did anyone notice how Shaman are even getting screwed by the design of the new glyphs that are being added.

Glyph of Spiritwalker's Aegis: When you cast Spiritwalker's Grace, you become immune to Silence and Interrupt effects for 5 sec.
    Glyph of Enchanted Bark: For 5 sec after activating Barkskin, you are immune to Silence and Interrupt effects.

This sounds reasonable until you realize that Spiritwalker's Grace is a 2 minute CD and Barkskin is 45 seconds.

- - - Updated - - -

Not to mention:

Glyph of Shadow Magic: For 5 sec after activating Fade, you are immune to Silence and Interrupt effects, but the cooldown of Fade is increased by 60 sec.

All good observations and critiques of resto shaman. I'm really worried about the amount of "dumb" healing resto shaman currently have in their toolkit. Blizzard's intent with healing design right now is giving healers choices and making them make decisions. However, I feel like resto shaman are in fact losing the ability to control their healing at all - in fact, any decision making they once had is being stripped away because of the sheer amount of dumb healing currently plaguing their toolkit.

It looks like frustration just waiting to happen.

I'm also mostly worried about the smart --> random/dumb changes, I hope it goes away. All the rest of the nerfs can be tuned, it's just numbers. But this one just screams "bad design".

For DPS players, "hit rating" eliminated the chance to miss, and now it's going away since it wasn't fun. Yet at the same time, healing is changed such that heals can miss due to RNG without being able to control it.

Not being in control of our spells has the potential to ruin the entire fun in playing a healer of any class.

Quote Originally Posted by Koor View Post
    I'm also mostly worried about the smart --> random/dumb changes, I hope it goes away. All the rest of the nerfs can be tuned, it's just numbers. But this one just screams "bad design".

For DPS players, "hit rating" eliminated the chance to miss, and now it's going away since it wasn't fun. Yet at the same time, healing is changed such that heals can miss due to RNG without being able to control it.

Not being in control of our spells has the potential to ruin the entire fun in playing a healer of any class.
    It will mostly result in a decimation of the Resto Shaman spec; no other healer gets hit nearly as hard.

Monks - Renewing Mists (and consequently Uplift) were already semi random target selection. The smart healing change only really affects their L30 talents
    Paladins - Holy Radiance and Light of Dawn will be dumbed down, but they are nowhere near as significant to them as HR/HST/HTT and they are being compensated with new mechanics (like the double Beacon talent).
    Druids - It will hurt the value of Efflo and Wild Growth - which are again nowhere near the level of dependence that we have on HR/HST. Tranq is being redesigned to just hit everyone in the raid instead of having dumbed down smart heal mechanics like HTT will.
    Disc Priests - I think PoM is really the only place they take a hit.
    Holy Priests - CoH, PoM and Divine Hymn. They will probably be the second most gutted healer. However, they are giving them an idiotic new talent that turns PoH into an effective smart heal that actually does heal the lowest health targets.

No other healer has anything approaching 90% of their effective throughput locked into spells that are going to be dumbed down smart heals and there is no reason to expect that our healing breakdown will really change that much, given that we are being given nothing to replace those smart heals.

It will mostly result in a decimation of the Resto Shaman spec; no other healer gets hit nearly as hard.
    True.

Disc Priests - I think PoM is really the only place they take a hit.
    I think they might be hit by the new diminishing returns cap on the level 90 talents. I don't think they elaborated how the cap will work, but maybe it'll choose the players on which to place the shields randomly.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    The issue of Capacitator is that its great effect and rather low cd is offset by a very clunky mechanic.
    A 5 Second AoE Stun on a 45Second Cooldown is really strong and this had to be compensated somehow.
    Personally i wouldn't mind if they change to the Stasis totem mechanic which is seemingly the original idea of capacitator.
    You drop it, after few seconds it goes invis, next enemy who walks close to the totem triggers an AoE stun.
    Make it 1 minute cd and drop the base charge up time to 2-3 sec and make it undestructible, I'd prefer that over now. The charge up alone would still be enough a drawback to keep it a little weaker than shadow fury, which would be reasonable given SF is a talent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Razhiel View Post
    I would wait until Beta Release comes out before making statements like that. We still haven't seen all of the changes.
    Fixed that for you, Shit will change up until and after release

Quote Originally Posted by Omanley View Post
    Make it 1 minute cd and drop the base charge up time to 2-3 sec and make it undestructible, I'd prefer that over now. The charge up alone would still be enough a drawback to keep it a little weaker than shadow fury, which would be reasonable given SF is a talent.
    We already have to talent TP for that effect, and a melee range stun aoe stun is already being brought by many classes (instantly) with longer duration.

Quote Originally Posted by Omanley View Post
    Personally i would prefer a discharge mechanic, if you destroy it, the killer gets discharged and stunned based on the duration left.

Rogue destroys Capacitator with 2sec left until discharge -> 3 Sec stun.

I think indestrutible is not a good mechanic, trying to dodge it or choosing to eat a stun is a better one.

We already have to talent TP for that effect, and a melee range stun aoe stun is already being brought by many classes (instantly) with longer duration.
    Most of them are talented like Shockwave / Leg sweep and Shadowfury, not baseline like capacitator.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Most of them are talented like Shockwave / Leg sweep and Shadowfury, not baseline like capacitator.
    Except we also have to talent to make ours useful given that is has a charge time unlike all of those.

Except we also have to talent to make ours useful given that is has a charge time unlike all of those.
    Tp makes it far more useful indeed but many Shaman choose Call of the Elements or Totemic persistence, that doesn't mean that they don't have Capacitator on their bars.