I had another idea. This one is multi-functional, and inspired by some other recent threads. For starters, here are some pretty popular complaints about the state of the game;
1. Leveling is not rewarding anymore. With the old talent system there was a talent point reward every level. That's gone!
2. There are too many skills, but its completely cookie-cutter, and no variety!
3. The talent point system doesn't provide as much variety as the pre-cata one!
I'm sure I'm not the first to propose these "changes/fixes", but I want to hear what everyone would think about them. So - here's my proposed changes;
1. Talent Points are granted every 10 levels starting at level 5, with a final point granted at 100. (so, 11 tiers worth of talents at level 100 as opposed to 7). This will offer a substantial reward for players very early on, with more frequently occuring substantial rewards as time goes on. It's not the same as "1 point per level" like we had in the pre-cata days, but it should feel substantially more rewarding to level in the mean time. Some of the existing passives in each respective specialization can be consolidated, combined, augmented, and amplified - in order to create some of the new talent options.
* Flurry, Unleashed Rage, Maelstrom Weapon - removed.
* New Talent Tier Options;
1. Dual Typhoon - While dual-wielding 1h weapons, the Shaman has 20% increased attack speed, and grants +10% attack speed to their party/raid. Every melee attack grants 10% Maelstrom for 15 seconds. At 100% Maelstrom the Shaman can cast a [maelstrom affected spells] for free with no cast time, and increases their attack speed by another 20% for 5s.
2. Howling Gale - While wielding a 2h weapon, the Shaman has +15% crit chance, and grants +10% attack speed to their party/raid. Every critical strike grants (10/20?)% Maelstrom for 15 seconds. At 100% Maelstrom the Shaman can cast a guaranteed critical[maelstrom affected spell] for free with no cast time.
3. Bulwark Blowback - While wielding a shield, the Shaman has +25% block chance, and grants +10% attack speed to their party/raid. Every healing skill cast grants (10/20?)% Maelstrom for 15 seconds. At 100% Maelstrom the Shaman can cast a[maelstrom affected spell] for free with no cast time, which ignores 50% of enemy resistances/armor.
2. At levels 10, 20, 30, 40, 50 and 60 - players are rewarded with a "complete transmog set". These items are for appearance only and can be freely transmog'd onto the players gears whenever they desire. Players will be offered one of 3 different appearances every 10 levels (the set options are static, and do not repeat). These set styles are not higher than rares though, so there will be no "difficult sets" granted in this manner. This should help motivate lower level players who cannot feel *immersed* due to the lower level-rewards, the daunting "long road ahead" and the dread that transmogging a decent appearance is something you only do when you get to end-game.
What does everyone think? The overall idea I'm trying to go for is to make it "more rewarding" for players who are still leveling. So feel free to contribute ideas that you think will make the experience better for leveling players!