Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    would you purchase a "down level" service?

    We can now buy boosts to max level, so why can't we buy the reverse? I'm talking about legitimate boosts, non of that gold farmer shit.

    Would you purchase a service to reduce character level for the purpose of twinking?

    Obviously restrictions apply, only equip gear that is obtainable at that level (so no high level quest items).

    I have a level 21 rogue ex 19 twink with extremely rare items I'd pay to down level back to 19. Come to think of it I have a level 71 ex 19 warrior I'd pay to de-level.

  2. #2
    Free Food!?!?! Tziva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    WHEREVER I WANT AINT NO ONE GONNA DO NOTHIN ABOUT IT IMMA T-REX
    Posts
    11,924
    Nah, I probably wouldn't even use it if it was free, unless they ever implement that system they talked about once where you could be temporarily lowered to a friend's level when you grouped with them.

    I haven't twinked for pvp since classic, and I still have those characters if I feel the desire to again.

    That said, I do have that ring on one of my 90 shaman that has a chance to proc a freeze. I loved that thing in pvp, and I don't think it's obtainable anymore.
    AbathurSnuggles: Blizzard Alpha Videos

    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaDarsithisRaduxSimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarma

  3. #3
    I highly doubt that I would ever use a service like that, but possibly if I was really, very bored and wanted to level a character again but only if I could keep all of the items that character had. As for using it for twinks, not interested.

  4. #4
    Moderator Gehco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    FEEL THE WRATH OF MY SPANNER!!
    Posts
    7,569
    No, of course not. That would be waste of time. Imagine all your equipment just taking space in your bag because you bought that service.

    And for the twinks, lock your XP, solved. You may have longer queue times but Twinks Vs. Twinks is only fair.
    If you disapprove of moderation, seek an Admin or Global Moderator.
    Stuff can be fixed, just get enough glue or duct tape!
    R.I.P Project 'Titan' - My curious mind will still think of you!

  5. #5
    The Lightbringer Ciddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    3,786
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    That said, I do have that ring on one of my 90 shaman that has a chance to proc a freeze. I loved that thing in pvp, and I don't think it's obtainable anymore.
    Talking about http://www.wowhead.com/item=942/freezing-band ? That thing was badass. I was lucky enough to grab one on my lowbie shaman and still have it in her bank (couldn't bring myself to get rid of something like that). Looks like it's still obtainable, although I don't know how effective it is at level 90.

    OT: I would not pay for such a service, but then I've never really cared much for any of the "paid" services. When my guild decided to server/faction transfer, I opted to just roll a new character on their server instead of pay to transfer mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Sometimes you gotta stop sniffing used schoolgirl panties and start being a fucking samurai.

  6. #6
    i would pay in game coin yes...
    Quote Originally Posted by inboundpaper View Post
    The short answer is nope, the long answer is noooooooooooooooope.

  7. #7
    The Lightbringer Zoaric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    The United States of America, Rapture, or Orgrimmar
    Posts
    3,648
    Na, I don't see an enjoyable reason (for myself) to do so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    You can't fight porn on the internet, you may as well declare war on something overwhelming like water on Earth's surface - or something ephemeral like "terror" (lol sorry, had to do it) - or something both overwhelming and ephemeral... like porn on the internet.

  8. #8
    Free Food!?!?! Tziva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    WHEREVER I WANT AINT NO ONE GONNA DO NOTHIN ABOUT IT IMMA T-REX
    Posts
    11,924
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciddy View Post
    Talking about http://www.wowhead.com/item=942/freezing-band ? That thing was badass. I was lucky enough to grab one on my lowbie shaman and still have it in her bank (couldn't bring myself to get rid of something like that). Looks like it's still obtainable, although I don't know how effective it is at level 90.
    They must have put it back in. It used to be a rare drop in SM before the revamp.

    It doesn't work at all at level 90. I don't think it even works above level 60. I assume that is based not on the wearer's ilvl but the potential-icecube's.

    But I'm not sure; it looks like they've changed it a few times. I think the proc chance used to be a lot higher, too.
    AbathurSnuggles: Blizzard Alpha Videos

    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaDarsithisRaduxSimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarma

  9. #9
    Twinking is the least interesting aspect of the game. So no. I spent time at max level in each of those expansions, and experienced the raids already. I don't need to freeze the game in 2008 for it to hold my interest and when it reaches that point it's no longer worth paying $15 a month for.

    If you're talking strictly PvP... no. PvP is the second least interesting aspect of the game due to various balance issues(and they're much much worse at lower levels).

  10. #10
    That is an extremely niche market. Like Tziva said, I wouldn't use it if it were free.

    I'd rather just level a new character, if I ever wanted to do that.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    They must have put it back in. It used to be a rare drop in SM before the revamp.

    It doesn't work at all at level 90. I don't think it even works above level 60. I assume that is based not on the wearer's ilvl but the potential-icecube's.

    But I'm not sure; it looks like they've changed it a few times. I think the proc chance used to be a lot higher, too.
    It was a different ring, I know the one you're talking about. The one he linked is a BoE rare that has also been in game the whole time.

    The SM one was removed with the MoP revamp though. http://www.wowhead.com/item=34227/deadmans-hand
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    If a building's about to collapse, you can debate whether it's better to demolish it or repair it, and you can make political-agenda arguments either way. Disputing gravity itself to claim it won't fall down is not a political position, it's just ignorance.

  12. #12
    The Insane det's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The forums
    Posts
    18,338
    Not even remotely
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    One cause is a cognitive bias called projection bias. Essentially living inside your own head your entire life makes it exceedingly difficult to understand how others do not also live your same life, think your same thoughts, and hold your same beliefs. In many cases it's quite frustrating to try to empathize and understand why you yourself may not be the center of the universe, which generally results in one 'acting out' in various ways.
    So, in short: the internet.

  13. #13
    Scarab Lord
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Liverpool, Merseyside
    Posts
    4,580
    Why does it have to be a paid service ffs?

    It's already a sub based game, not every new system has to be monetised

  14. #14
    Mechagnome AbsolutVodka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    739
    Maybe if you purchased it with in game currency, and it was cheap, and even then I don't see any need for it. But not real money, that's just dumb.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    I'm sorry I have a penis. WHY? WHY AM I A MONSTER?!

  15. #15
    The Insane peggleftw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Surrey, England
    Posts
    16,150
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Nah, I probably wouldn't even use it if it was free, unless they ever implement that system they talked about once where you could be temporarily lowered to a friend's level when you grouped with them.

    I haven't twinked for pvp since classic, and I still have those characters if I feel the desire to again.

    That said, I do have that ring on one of my 90 shaman that has a chance to proc a freeze. I loved that thing in pvp, and I don't think it's obtainable anymore.

    i would love to be able to level down to a friends level, and do like dungeons and bgs with them >.>

    would pay gold for it, but not real money.
    Too cool for a signature

  16. #16
    Legendary! Tommo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    6,537
    See this isnt the root of the problem, the root of the problem was killing twinks to begin with. Undo that and a service like this is totally avoidable, but no I wouldnt pay for it, I would however buy it with gold.

  17. #17
    Bloodsail Admiral Durantye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    TN, USA
    Posts
    1,179
    Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    Why does it have to be a paid service ffs?

    It's already a sub based game, not every new system has to be monetised
    You aren't entitled to these services either, they in no way are needed for anything, so paid services are just fine so long as they aren't giving you advantages.

  18. #18
    The Lightbringer Agoonga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    3,160
    I could have sworn during a Q&A at BlizzCon 2011 (maybe 2010) Blizz said they wanted to add down-scaling to play with low-level friends. I would love that idea.

  19. #19
    Scarab Lord
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Liverpool, Merseyside
    Posts
    4,580
    Quote Originally Posted by Durantye View Post
    You aren't entitled to these services either, they in no way are needed for anything, so paid services are just fine so long as they aren't giving you advantages.
    As a subscriber players should be entitled to the services and content the company provides.

    It's ridiculous this notion of adding on extra stuff, and I dislike how in the last couple years so many have accepted it.

    Especially when the game can go 12 months without content, and then blizzard have the balls to ask players for money for this stuff

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Murdeh View Post
    We can now buy boosts to max level, so why can't we buy the reverse? I'm talking about legitimate boosts, non of that gold farmer shit.

    Would you purchase a service to reduce character level for the purpose of twinking?

    Obviously restrictions apply, only equip gear that is obtainable at that level (so no high level quest items).

    I have a level 21 rogue ex 19 twink with extremely rare items I'd pay to down level back to 19. Come to think of it I have a level 71 ex 19 warrior I'd pay to de-level.
    Who, uh...
    Who would you play with on that twink?
    Last I heard, twinking died when xp-locked characters were given their own queues.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    As a subscriber players should be entitled to the services and content the company provides.

    It's ridiculous this notion of adding on extra stuff, and I dislike how in the last couple years so many have accepted it.

    Especially when the game can go 12 months without content, and then blizzard have the balls to ask players for money for this stuff
    I subscribe to my local TV service. Does that mean that they should provide me with cable internet for no additional charge? Telephone? Those cost extra. Hell, even having a cable subscription doesn't entitle me to their fastest service. You get what you pay for.

    Your subscription pays for your continued access to the game world and nothing more. This is the way the system works for pretty much every subscription based game I've ever heard of. This isn't anything new.

    Don't like that they offer cash shop items? Then don't buy them. If it bothers you enough, then quit the game.

    But don't sit here thinking that you should be entitled to it. You're not. You never were and no one ever gave you any reason to think that you should be. That entitlement came from within.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •