Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    What a ludicrous analogy that doesn't work in the slightest.

I did quit the game and that was one of the reasons I quit.

But sure, let Blizzard milk you for every penny you're worth, you deserve it. NEW MOUNT MODEL FOR ONLY £25!?!?! MUST BUY!!

Because those big old companies need internet white knights defending them don't they?
    Hey, there, bucko. I quit, too.

Funny how your little attacks end up making you look silly, eh? I'm not surprised my entitlement comment didn't get through to you. At the first sign of resistance, you act like a child.

Kind of shows me that I was probably right.
    Last edited by Belloc; 2014-06-03 at 11:47 PM.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Murdeh View Post
    We can now buy boosts to max level, so why can't we buy the reverse? I'm talking about legitimate boosts, non of that gold farmer shit.

Would you purchase a service to reduce character level for the purpose of twinking?

Obviously restrictions apply, only equip gear that is obtainable at that level (so no high level quest items).

I have a level 21 rogue ex 19 twink with extremely rare items I'd pay to down level back to 19. Come to think of it I have a level 71 ex 19 warrior I'd pay to de-level.
    You can already set a stop to Exp gain. Having down level services would essentially mean people are just going to grab higher level quest rewards for twinking, ruining the fun for others.

The problem with twinking is that it is a niche thing to do, and at the same time, half of the fun is gotten out of dominating new/undergeared players. Therefor it isn't as popular anymore like it was prior to the XP lock.
    Last edited by mmocfce925a786; 2014-06-04 at 12:19 AM.

That's what alts and obscene numbers of heirlooms are for, in my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Why would you pay for this when you could easily level to whatever level you wanted to in a day or two and then spend another day getting gear. Not that I'm against it, that just means more money for Blizzard, but it does seem like a really pointless service to offer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    i would love to be able to level down to a friends level, and do like dungeons and bgs with them >.>

would pay gold for it, but not real money.
    Yeah, that would be awesome... as a temporary thing, and not a permanent paid service. I don't even think it should cost gold; it should be a popup confirmation box whenever you group with a low level asking if you want to be deleveled while grouped - yes / no.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    It was a different ring, I know the one you're talking about. The one he linked is a BoE rare that has also been in game the whole time.

The SM one was removed with the MoP revamp though. http://www.wowhead.com/item=34227/deadmans-hand
    Ah yup, that's the one I have! I loved the fuck out of that ring in BGs.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Last time I was interested in non-leveling/lore activity outside level cap was in Classic. So that's a no.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

Man, I couldn't imagine paying to down level a character

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketbear View Post
    You can already set a stop to Exp gain. Having down level services would essentially mean people are just going to grab higher level quest rewards for twinking, ruining the fun for others.

The problem with twinking is that it is a niche thing to do, and at the same time, half of the fun is gotten out of dominating new/undergeared players. Therefor it isn't as popular anymore like it was prior to the XP lock.
    Same thing happens with heirlooms constantly, they give a significant advantage in pvp and they are in the mainstream levelling battlegrounds.

Who, uh...
    Who would you play with on that twink?
    Last I heard, twinking died when xp-locked characters were given their own queues.
    Actually it is still quite popular. Especially with battlegroups joined up and XP locks, twinks are going against other twinks,

Just remake a 19 twink. Takes 1 hour to get to 19, exp lock and do the content you need for the gear. A lot of the fun creating a twink is getting the gear.

I have a 70 hunter with nearly full bis gear. Just missing Sunwell bow and a couple JC Pattens from Sunwell to craft bis gear.
    The levelling isn't the problem, but best in slot gear takes months to obtain. There's also rare items, boe's such as meadow ring of eluding, shadowfang, assassins blades (not bis anymore) that cannot be obtained with an hour. It took me "months" if not years to get them. Also, some items are just plain unobtainable now, most because their quest or instance was removed in an expansion.

You can already set a stop to Exp gain. Having down level services would essentially mean people are just going to grab higher level quest rewards for twinking, ruining the fun for others

Actually, heirlooms are already causing levelling brackets to be dominated.

Also let me repeat my earlier point:
    Obviously restrictions apply, only equip gear that is obtainable at that level (so no high level quest items).
    No, it wasn't. The fun was from the fact that the community was small, players were recognisable on the battlefield, and stats on your gear felt like they did something. There were also several different ways to spec with each serving a slightly different use, and there was not always a "best" item, it depended on your build. Most items were equally good.

In some ways, the simplicity was appealing. It's almost a shame they can't counter to such a bracket and introduce for example items with gem slots at that level and pvp only enchants, keyed for that level, as well as professions or raid content.

Again that will never happen because of the niche market and because that is not designed around max level and will be not supported. That I completely understand.

I would still dream of a game where the level cap squished down to level 50 people could start raiding much lower and could actually level through raids and not just grouping on lfg.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't pay for it, but if it's a free feature that costs up to like 50g, then yeah, I will. Trying out twinking and it possibly stinking ass is not worth any RL currency.

The only thing i want is to move my PVP rank status from my rogue from vanilla to my druid i started late vanilla after pvp ranks got removed, I want the R14 armor on my druid it looks so cool!

It will never happen, there is no money in it and it's against Blizzards intention of you playing the latest content. People who twink are in the absolute minority and given that XP off twinks cannot PVP with leveling players there is very little in the way of a game. "Pay us £40 and we will downlevel your character so you can sit around waiting a week for a BG queue" By which time you could have leveled multiple low level twinks.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

15+ Year Old Account
    I do not see the reasoning behind such a service. Why pay whatever amount of money for reducing my character a few levels (from 90 to 19 does not make sense at all)? If I want to play some twink PvP I just level him to level 19 (takes a few hours at most) and lock XP until I have the desired items.

The boosting service to max was just implemented since it takes about 48 hours to get a char to max which can take up to near a month for new or unexperienced casual players. It is in place if you want to catch up with friends on another server and don't want to level another char through all the content. It is quite a pain in the *** to quest through Pandaria if you have done it like me on 13 chars by now.

Regarding your problem that you continued leveling a power twink seems to be a very specific problem of your own which does not really require a payed service.

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    They must have put it back in. It used to be a rare drop in SM before the revamp.

It doesn't work at all at level 90. I don't think it even works above level 60. I assume that is based not on the wearer's ilvl but the potential-icecube's.

But I'm not sure; it looks like they've changed it a few times. I think the proc chance used to be a lot higher, too.
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=34227/deadmans-hand is the ring you're thinking about. Freezing Band has always been a world BoE epic.

On topic: probably not, but if it was cheap I'd like for it to exist.