Deleted

interrupt announce addon?

Like the title would suggest am looking for a interrupt announcing addon mainly for arena's that will say in /p "X Kicked Y's Healing Touch" I know there are probably a million addons out there that will do this but I cant find a decent and fairly up to date one, anyone have any suggestions?

http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/iinterruptedthat

Other AddOns have the same thing as default, such as ElvUI or JSHB.

I use Raeli's Spell Announcer which works for interrupts and many other class spells, that you can configure for example to only announce in Arenas and not LFR for example.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

If you are using this for personal use (printing to your screen), sure go for it. I personally use Weakauras and/or MSBT for that via an audio file of Borat saying Very Nice! But I'd like to rant a bit about spamming this info in public channels.

Please - don't spam. It's rude, and serves as a shining beacon to everyone around you who has any experience at all with the game that you are a complete noob. When I see someone with that addon I instantly put them on ignore. You may think you are impressing others with your interrupting wizardry. You are not.

I am a hard core addon user/developer for 7 years of heroic raiding and 600k HKs. I feel justified in stating this class of addons, along with Guild invite spam addons, are complete garbage the way they are abused by 99% of the player base. Some addons (BG spy, Fatality, the various Fails addons, and some others) also spam but at least that information might be useful.

Interrupt announcer addons such as these are unnecessary noise pollution -the scourge of BGs, Flexes, LFR and basically any public puggy environment. When you see a tank spamming every freaking ability they have, rest assured, it's gonna be a long night.

Maybe the addon has changed, I have civilly asked the devs to have everything off by default. My inquiry was deleted off their curse page. I hope you appreciate the irony of being silenced by the spammers.

It's too bad there isn't an elegant solution for people like me to erase what people like you are posting to my chat (Prat keywords are memory intensive, just an FYI), outside of ignore.

Frankly, no one cares except you who and what you are interrupting and it just clogs up chat. Usually these addons are used by people a couple months into the game, right around the point where they start using addons.

In the very few situations where it could potentially be helpful, you will be on voice anyway lining up interrupts. Outside of that, it's pollution.

Let's look at the most interrupt intensive PVE situation. Garrosh. Do you really think in that phase people are going to read chat and go, o wow, Johnny interrupted Franky, hmm, I better change what I was gonna do? Do you really think a RL is gonna go back and scroll through all your garbage to review who was interrupting and who wasn't? Just, no. It is on a base level nooby epeen stroking.

I appreciate your efforts though but please be considerate of others and put thought into what you do. I'd like to think more and more people have grown past this horrible addon. If people were to make a macro that posted in /say "I got next interrupt" that could potentially be useful.

PS if you insist on still using this in BG's at least have the decency to put it in /say. I may be on the other side of the map from you in Alterac Valley, I don't give a rat's ass what you are interrupting.

And please, turn off Pack.

Thanks /end rant
    Last edited by Machinelf; 2014-06-24 at 08:38 AM.

Use a macro instead. As a druid I use this one:

#showtooltip skull bash
    /run s = UnitCastingInfo("target");
    /cast skull bash;
    /run c = GetSpellCooldown("skull bash"); if c == 0 then if s then SendChatMessage("interrupted %t's ".. s, "say");end;end;

Just replace skull bash with the name of your interrupt ability. Note that it only announces a succesful interrupt in /say, but that can be changed to /party if you so desire. The best thing about this addon is that it only triggers a message if the interrupt was succesful.
    Last edited by Mikael123; 2014-06-24 at 08:24 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machinelf View Post
    Please - don't spam. When I see someone with that addon I instantly put them on ignore. You may think you are impressing others with your interrupting wizardry. You are not.

Addons such as these are noise pollution. the true bane of BGs, Flexes, LFR and basically any public puggy environment.
    Frankly, no one cares except you who and what you are interrupting and it just clogs up chat. Usually these addons are used by people a couple months into the game, right around the point where they start using addons.

In the very few situations where it could potentially be helpful, you will be on voice anyway lining up interrupts. Outside of that, it's pollution.

Let's look at the most interrupt intensive PVE situation. Garrosh. Do you really think in that phase people are going to read chat and go, o wow, Johnny interrupted Franky, hmm, I better change what I was gonna do? Do you really think a RL is gonna go back and scroll through all your garbage to review who was interrupting and who wasn't? Just, no.

I appreciate your efforts though but please be considerate of others and put thought into what you do.
    You sir, deserve worship..

The only spell worth announcing is a CombatRes, so healers would be aware that someone would soon be alive with only 20% health and no buffs..
    However, with Glyphs and stuff, you can CombatRes with 100% heath, so it's not even that important any ore..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Do You rly need such an addon ?... waste of memory and yeah... skill killer

Deleted
    I use a weak aura for interrupt announces.
    It posts in /say so it does not clog the instance-/ bgchat and it only loads if i want it to (e.g. not in 5 man dungeons).
    I can understand your aversion against chat spam but imho ts all about configuration.

And personally i find it quite useful:
    -Did i actually interrupt or did i get faked? (pvp)
    -Did i waste my interrupt because someone else already kicked (in unorganized pvp/pve)
    -Quick pointers if someone is more vulnerable (e.g. frost locked for a mage)
    -Quick nonverbal communication to keep voice clear for other information (organized pvp/pve)

In PVE I use Weakauras to announce combat rez, and raidwide CDs such as devo aura, lust, skull banner, tranq, stormlash. mana tide, soulwell down, the list is very very short and put into /say. These are all crucial bits of info that directly affect everyone.

Oh, and one that detects when I have Dark Intent but no healthstones (then says TY when I get one

I wrote Juke and Ketho CombatLog and they only show to yourself by default, and can optionally announce to chat.

When you see a tank spamming every freaking ability they have, rest assured, it's gonna be a long night.
    This, this and this.

[Annoying Tank]: Divine Protection has activated!
    [Annoying Tank]: Divine Protection has ended!
    This kind of spam in LFR gives me urge to commit rabbit genocide. What is worst, most people don't even care whether their chat gets spammed by addons. If you say something about it you'll end up being votekicked.