Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Keep in mind that certain villains, like Kel'thuzad, are nothing more than "mere" heroes from Warcraft 3.

A lich hero in warcraft 3 can probably solo a couple of footman/grunts/whatever, but 10 or more would definitely overwhelm them.

For most of the legendary foes we had significant help, and for regular villains (like anub'arak) we simply overwhelmed them since they are just regular heroes from war3.

I think raids are meant to be done by the faction represented in that area.

Like Sunwell was done by the SSO and Firelands was done by AoH and ICC was done by Ashen Verdict. I don't think in lore our characters go raid these massive places by themselves, they have an entire army backing them up.

you are your HP
    the more HP you have, the more important you are

Would it be fair to compare Thrall, Varian, and Jaina to the likes of Thor, the Hulk, Cap America and to an extent Iron man and we are about as powerful as say Blackwidow and Hawkeye?

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    It's not easy to determine. Let alone players achieve a lot thanks to external help of neutral powerful characters, lorewise the "heroes" are hardly that powerful. Outside of raids/dungeons, the players are overpowered one-man armies that faceroll enemies in a way that, lorewise again, not even the faction leaders could. So that's all gameplay.

On the other hand mobs become incredibly powerful (elite) in dungeons/raids just for "force" us to group up for do that stuff. Lorewise there's hardly such a huge gap between the outside mobs and the dungeon/raid ones. Yeah, those inside those places can be considered elite forces, but the gap, for gameplay reasons, is simply too huge.

So I think that players are some sort of very skilled and reliable "agents" of Horde and Alliance, but hardly they faceroll mobs, even 2, 3 or 4 at once, in the way we see in-game. They're better and more qualified than your average grunt/soldier, but they're not gods. "Heroes" are supposed to achieve amazing feats only when they group up together in an organic, organized group for storm X place ecc.

Also much of the outside stuff we easily deal in solo in-game would probably require 2 or 3 "adventurers" to be dealt with the same ease the player do.
    Last edited by Zulkhan; 2014-06-04 at 12:23 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

10+ Year Old Account
    well we are Children of the Titans so as a team we are pretty bad ass high fives everywhere
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Redpanda View Post
    well we are Children of the Titans
    Trolls and Elves surely are not.
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Really not that powerful. Almost every single big baddie we've faced we've had help fighting it. Deathwing took 4 dragon aspects of Thrall. Ashbringer defeated Arthas, not us. Illidan we had help from 2 strong fighters. Kil'Jaden was at his half strength and it still took us and bunch of dragons to defeat. Etc etc.
    Get your facts right, we saved 4 dragon aspects and thrall from big scary deathwing
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bartumus22 View Post
    I mean, we've defeated Deathwing, Arthas, Illidan, smacked around Kiljaden, sliced up Mannoroth, even "killed" Death. So, Lords of Lore, how pwerful are we? Are we really lucky Leroys? Or are we on par with the heroes(Jaina, Varian,Thrall, Voljin, etc)
    Every time a feat of many and an army.

As an individual, I would say about as strong as a major lore character. But no match for Sargeras none the less.

Arthas: The Light, The Ashbringer, ultimately defeated him, we were not able to.

Illidan: With aid of Maiev and Akama and the Draenei spirits who opened the gate in the first place.

Kil'jaedan: He was not even fully there in our world, we required the aid of several super strong entities and just pushed him back, we did not defeat him.

Mannoroth was "sliced up" by Grom and Thrall

The Siege of Ogrimmar was an all out war against the "New horde" in which we took part.

The defeat of the Old gods is pretty much non canon as their death would destroy Azeroth, so do not count those.

We are on the level to fight solely without help against the elemental lords when they are on our plane. You can pretty much only count the "wins" we had in Vanilla, quite ironically.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, we hold a good source of power.

But we are still a lot, hence we are mentioned just as, 'heroes' or 'champions'.

Basicly means, you could place us a good part above the average soldier.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    When my character gets a statue in the capital then i know he's one of the big shots, until then i keep dropping hints to Varian using my Instant Statue Pedestal

I think we can look at ToC to see how powerful we are in lore. Remember the faction champions? We're the elite of the elite from the horde/alliance, but in the form of free-lance adventurers.

10+ Year Old Account
    To compare it to WC3 we're the racial heroes, the Demon Hunters or Blademasters but Malfurion is still Malfurion and much more powerful than any other hero. I think if we were in the books we'd be unnamed 'heroes' who help. Like commanders in an army led by someone great who gets a name.

Before this goes crazy, it is very important to remember that there are quite a few lore kills that the player characters have almost nothing to do with. Just because we have fought something as a boss doesn't mean we have killed it in the lore, such as with Onyxia.

I think the biggest one to remember is that we had literally no chance against the Lich King. The fight we go through is him toying with us for fun. When he gets tired of it, he just kills the entire raid instantly. Tirion and Ashbringer, and more importantly the shattering of Frostmourne is what actually defeats him. The souls of all the me and women that Frostmourne stole were released, locking Arthas down to be finished off.

well we are Children of the Titans so as a team we are pretty bad ass high fives everywhere
    Um, humans, dwarves, gnomes, worgen, forsaken, and maybe orcs are children of the titans. Pretty sure no one else is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Um, humans, dwarves, gnomes, worgen, forsaken, and maybe orcs are children of the titans. Pretty sure no one else is.
    The Draenei could be too. We don't know when Titans came or ever came to Argus.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    The Draenei could be too. We don't know when Titans came or ever came to Argus.
    Eredar is an incredibly ancient race and their development was influenced by the naaru. I don't think they're titan in origin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Eredar is an incredibly ancient race and their development was influenced by the naaru. I don't think they're titan in origin.
    It's a bit complicated because we know the time in which the Titans came to Azeroth, but we're obviously clueless about the rest. Much is tied to the actual Titan's existance and from how much time they actually roam around the universe doing their stuff.

But yeah, Draenei having connections with the Titans is highly improbable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miyavi View Post

Ragnaros in Firelands - Would of fucked us up without the help of the 3 druids of doom.
    This isn't entirely true. Certainly, Cenarius, Haamul(sp?) and Malfurion contribute in keeping Ragnaros from escaping, but their abilities that they add aren't necessary, just helpful if needed.

I would say our heroes defeated Ragnaros, truly.
    ill probably be infracted for this post

I've always viewed the player as a more elite soldier. We are well above the peons and slightly below the generals, power-wise.
    "Why do all supposed 'centrists' just sound like right wingers?"

"Also, can I just say that I think AOC would absolutely fucking annihilate Greene if Greene ever dared take an actual swing at her?" -- The state of the MMO-C circlejerk.