10+ Year Old Account

Random pool of fire during P4 on Garrosh HC

During our clear this reset, we faced an annoying bug on Garrosh HC P4.

After the 1st bombardment was over and we started organizing the malice after, a completely random pool of fire spawned into the malice, nobody had been at the malice location during bombardment. We ended up wiping as we lost too many dps to the combination of fire, chaos/panic and malice.

Has anyone else encountered this bug before?

Deleted
    Haha yeah we've tried that. Really easy to avoid, but it does kill because no one expects it to happen. Just try again, I doubt you'll have any kind of issue with it again (we only ever saw it once). Just move the boss a bit further away from the fire so that it is really easy to see, should it happen. Phase 4 wipes mean that the boss will be dead within an ABSOLUTE MAXIMUM of 100 wipes. You probably only need two raid days or so more anyway. Good luck.

Are you sure no one was there? Remember that the fire doesn't spawn immediately when bombardment "targets" someone - there is a 1-3 seconds delay. We wiped to the same thing long time ago. Thought it was bugged, but upon reviewing the stream record, we found out one of our melee reached the boss very shortly before (or the moment) bombardment stopped. On the stream, the thing went - "Bombardment over, stack up" (on vent) => the yellow targeting circle appeared under that guy => 2s after fire spawned.
    Last edited by Qualia; 2014-06-03 at 10:00 PM.

Deleted
    I am interested on seeing a vid or pic of this, it looks awesome

i think this is what you meant:

fire spawning even though the bombardment was over

Chances are you just don't realise that the fire keeps spawning all the way till the Malice is cast, because it has a travel time. Usually it won't matter if your raiders actually follow common sense and don't walk into the area you want to be using before bombardment is over. You can see in Pingwing's video linked above that the raid tries to get in position to do their triangle tactic before the malice even goes out, which means they're running around over the designated area before all fire has been fired/landed. Which, coincidentally, is another reason the triangle tactic suck/sucked .

Yeah looks to me in the clip above that there were no swirlies where that last fire spawned.

Probably a result of a similar bug we experienced this week where the Malice circle was 100% invisible on me until the final tick. Likely the swirly graphic did not show to indicate fire would be spawning.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulzar View Post
    Yeah looks to me in the clip above that there were no swirlies where that last fire spawned.

Probably a result of a similar bug we experienced this week where the Malice circle was 100% invisible on me until the final tick. Likely the swirly graphic did not show to indicate fire would be spawning.
    There was, just look closer.
    It's probably the same thing that I mentioned in my previous post, or better explained by Dracodraco - the fire / swirly spawning is a missile-type spell, hence it has a travel time and won't appear the moment it's shot. That's why you don't want anyone to be anywhere near where you want to stack for Malice until Bombardment is really over.

Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    There was, just look closer.
    It's probably the same thing that I mentioned in my previous post, or better explained by Dracodraco - the fire / swirly spawning is a missile-type spell, hence it has a travel time and won't appear the moment it's shot. That's why you don't want anyone to be anywhere near where you want to stack for Malice until Bombardment is really over.
    I don't see it. The swirl on the ground to indicate where a missile will hit does not have a travel time... The missile itself does. I can see a missile traveling and hitting every location a ground swirly spawned, but I see no "a missile will hit here" graphics or missiles hitting the location the fire that wiped them spawned. They may have spawned the fire there by standing there before bombardment was actually over, but the graphic to indicate it was a bombardment target did not show, from what I see.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulzar View Post
    I don't see it. The swirl on the ground to indicate where a missile will hit does not have a travel time... The missile itself does. I can see a missile traveling and hitting every location a ground swirly spawned, but I see no "a missile will hit here" graphics or missiles hitting the location the fire that wiped them spawned. They may have spawned the fire there by standing there before bombardment was actually over, but the graphic to indicate it was a bombardment target did not show, from what I see.
    Oh, you meant the targeting small swirly animation and not the swirly that appear before a fire spawn and remains around the fire (i.e: 0:28 in that clip). In that case, yes, the swirly animation you mentioned has never appeared after bombardment is over - *probably* coded so. Hence, any fire missile that was cast very shortly before Bombardment is over wouldn't have that swirly spawn animation. Still, the case remains - in that clip, you can see a guy standing exactly where the fire would be spawning right before Bombardment is over. After the travel time is over, fire spawned (without that indicator animation). It's not "completely random" as OP thought.

Lesson: just have raiders stay away from anywhere you are going to stack. P4 is not that tight of a dps race that we need to squeeze an extra 2-3s of DPS anyway.