Poll: Would you want an Underworld Expansion Pack

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Would you want to play an expansion pack that's based around WOW's Underworld?

Would you want to play an expansion pack that's based around WOW's version of the Underworld? Picture a continent accessible only through the permanent death of your character, but with the right anecdote, your character can venture forth into the abyss while still retain your flesh a as a living being. You would be transported to the spirit world, or the purgotary, where the spirits of your ancestor, fallen heroes and villains reside, before they may enter their true final resting place; WOW's version of heaven or hell.

There are couple of tidbits about WOW's after life, but it is still just a mystery as we only know only snippets of this either via stories or in game. Because the lack of lore, just like Pandaria, or any other new zones or continents previously had never been explored in depths before, an underworld expansion pack can be a breath of fresh air; where we can meet new villians, new lore characters, and at the same time meet with familiar heroes and villains with loose ends.

Where is WOW's spirit world, and how does it look like? Where is Arthas' soul being locked up and tormented. Can Sylvanas find a way to seek a final peace, because all she ever wanted after the death of Arthas, is a rest to end her suffering. Would the Ebon Blade consider to police this world if another evil such as the Lich King is born? What does the next world's society would be like? Who rules the underworld? And can a mortal enter it and make aa safe return into the land of the livings? What races or what new class would be made available if this expansion set happen?

There are also other aspects of WOW's lore that can be add in this via an underworld theme expansion pack; the religion of the Holy Light, Troll's Loa's , The Valkyrs, Old God, The legion of Seraphs and the fallen Seraph, Ibilis.
    Last edited by Hyde; 2014-05-26 at 03:03 PM.

At first I thought this would be about the criminal underworld.. either way, actually, yeah, I wouldn't mind this. Spirit world adventures could lead to some crazy strange stuff. Like that blue dragon what died and fell in love with a spirit healer. And I've always liked the spirit world phase thing when you die with the big swirly thing in the sky.

10+ Year Old Account
    the problem with this sort of idea is if i died wouldn't i just run back to my corpse?
    Hi

Just sounds tacky as a mechanism.
    Storyline I can live with, but the alteration of mechanics surrounding death just sounds fiddly.
    I already found the WoD storyline of time travel dodgy, but I don't play the game just for the story.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

so, when you die in this spirit world ... do you go to another spirit world? would you come back to life? would you just lose the game and it'd delete itself from your hard drive?

Great... All the raid and dungeon bosses would be the ones we already fought and killed... Kael'thas :P

Quote Originally Posted by CandyCotton Marshmallows View Post
    so, when you die in this spirit world ... do you go to another spirit world? would you come back to life? would you just lose the game and it'd delete itself from your hard drive?
    The Underworld would be a zone itself, like a purgatory, but inspired by Greeco-Roman myths as well, such as Tartarus, Elysian Field, River Styx and Hades' domain.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kazlofski View Post
    Great... All the raid and dungeon bosses would be the ones we already fought and killed... Kael'thas :P
    The raid bosses would be new lore characters like Ibilis, Seraphs and maybe even inspired from other mythology like Samhain.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    the problem with this sort of idea is if i died wouldn't i just run back to my corpse?
    You're character would enter the spirit world as a living or as an undead(Forsaken, DKs) hence you would retain your physical and corporeal attributes and would still be effected other physical world thing in the underworld.

i lol'd, so true.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Just sounds tacky as a mechanism.
    Storyline I can live with, but the alteration of mechanics surrounding death just sounds fiddly.
    I already found the WoD storyline of time travel dodgy, but I don't play the game just for the story.
    No, it's more like Orpheus' journey to save Eurydice.

Descent to the underworld

10+ Year Old Account
    See, I thought you just meant underground. As long as I don't have to go through some gimmick where I have die in a certain area and corpse run to the invisible entrance, I can probably enjoy it. /shrug

Quote Originally Posted by ApeDosMil View Post
    See, I thought you just meant underground. As long as I don't have to go through some gimmick where I have die in a certain area and corpse run to the invisible entrance, I can probably enjoy it. /shrug
    To be fair, I didn't use the adjective 'criminal'.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh... you meant that kind of underworld. Well, sure! Sounds like a cool idea - art and environments would be cool, as would exploring that element of the WoW universe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Oh... you meant that kind of underworld. Well, sure! Sounds like a cool idea - art and environments would be cool, as would exploring that element of the WoW universe.
    It can be a patch for your Spider Kingdom.

'this is a good idea for an mmo *takes a note*

10+ Year Old Account
    Here I thought you ment the more criminal or masterminded bit, like going to Undermine and such. Hehe.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Bloodsail Admiral Grumpy Old Man's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well it depends... will it cost us a raid tier?
    /ducks
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    YouTubers are a plague. Fuck 'em. All of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grumpyoldman View Post
    Well it depends... will it cost us a raid tier?
    /ducks
    Underworld themed raid tiers

Deleted
    I don't think Warcraft lore has something like this.

<Your corpse has been permanently destroyed>

And then you go back to the spirit healer, but she's dead.

Then you wake up screaming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Not sure I like the idea of an "underworld". Maybe for a dungeon, maybe just a raid tier (or patch) but not an expansion.