Thread: Any Tips?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    A waste of time and energy... why must the world be full of try-hard dumbasses..?

  2. #22
    The Lightbringer Bigbazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    3,407
    Quote Originally Posted by Keensteel View Post
    A waste of time and energy... why must the world be full of try-hard dumbasses..?
    A waste and time of energy? Or maybe you're just wrong and acting out aggressively, because you don't know how else to react?


    Why must the world be full of ill-tempered folk who can't have a discussion without resorting to insults? It's a sign of weakness you know.
    I7 2600k @4.5ghz : 16GB DDR3 : GTX670 : Firestudio : Naga : G27

  3. #23
    and it continues... No discussion was being had. There is nothing that you can say that will change my opinion. I lived it.

  4. #24
    The Lightbringer Bigbazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    3,407
    Quote Originally Posted by Keensteel View Post
    and it continues... No discussion was being had. There is nothing that you can say that will change my opinion. I lived it.
    You can live it all you want, I lived it too. Fury Warriors were really good, but if you looked at the theorycrafting, the spreadsheets and the combat logs of all the guilds on WWS at the time then to say Fury Warriors were the best dps in the game is completely wrong. It's not an opinion, numbers don't tell opinions, they tell facts.


    If you went on the Forums in TBC they would tell you that a Warglaive Rogue (or a rogue in general) was always worth more than an equally skilled/geared Fury Warrior. If you looked at the top guilds then most of them didn't take a Fury Warrior, they took 1 Arms Warrior. If you look at the world first guild at the time SK-Gaming... Their top dps were Hunters, and those players were considered the best dps players in the world at the time. They also had an Arms Warrior, not a Fury Warrior.

    Fury Warriors were amazing at pure dps, but they weren't the best. If they were the best then more guilds would have taken Fury Warriors instead of taking a single Arms Warrior and stacking Warlocks/Hunters/Rogues.
    I7 2600k @4.5ghz : 16GB DDR3 : GTX670 : Firestudio : Naga : G27

  5. #25
    Pit Lord Archimtiros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,276
    Who gives a shit? This has gone far enough, get on topic or gtfo the forums.

    Having a civil side discussion is fine, turning it into a complaint fest about who had a bigger dick than who 6 years ago is beyond stupid.

  6. #26
    it amuses me... but I tire of it all... on to something meaningful.

  7. #27
    The Lightbringer Bigbazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    3,407
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    Who gives a shit? This has gone far enough, get on topic or gtfo the forums.

    Having a civil side discussion is fine, turning it into a complaint fest about who had a bigger dick than who 6 years ago is beyond stupid.
    I'm not having a go at you, you have a point but you're not a mod. I did not provoke him, he started throwing the insults around when he decided he didn't want to discuss his point, not me. The discussion cropped up out of interest.

    Is it a complaint fest for me merely pointing out the truth? Am I swinging my dick around by simply correcting the fact?


    Were Arms Warriors popular in endgame raiding in TBC? Yes
    Were Fury Warriors the highest damage dealer in TBC? No


    Simple facts, nobody is arguing that Fury wasn't good... It was amazing on raw damage as I have said... But to say they were the highest is completely wrong and all the facts support that... If remembering things accurately makes me a try hard who is swinging his dick around then so be it.
    I7 2600k @4.5ghz : 16GB DDR3 : GTX670 : Firestudio : Naga : G27

  8. #28
    I agree with the EE (Emo Englishman). Archi, mind your own damn business.

    See, Bigbazz, we can agree on something.

  9. #29
    Herald of the Titans Darkfriend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,925
    Quote Originally Posted by Keensteel View Post
    A waste of time and energy... why must the world be full of try-hard dumbasses..?
    Some people enjoy doing things well, even if it's "just" a video game.

  10. #30
    Pit Lord Archimtiros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,276
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    I'm not having a go at you, you have a point but you're not a mod. I did not provoke him, he started throwing the insults around when he decided he didn't want to discuss his point, not me. The discussion cropped up out of interest.

    Is it a complaint fest for me merely pointing out the truth? Am I swinging my dick around by simply correcting the fact?


    Were Arms Warriors popular in endgame raiding in TBC? Yes
    Were Fury Warriors the highest damage dealer in TBC? No


    Simple facts, nobody is arguing that Fury wasn't good... It was amazing on raw damage as I have said... But to say they were the highest is completely wrong and all the facts support that... If remembering things accurately makes me a try hard who is swinging his dick around then so be it.
    No, but the mods will come lock the thread because you two can't even decide on what you are disagreeing about, in fact I have one on speed dial. I was minding my own damn business when you two decided to come in and start arguing over who was more correct about 6+ year old information and using one world ranking guild to prove your point. This is to say nothing of the fact that logs from that time are non existent and most of the theorycrafting as well is gone. Hell most of the theorycrafting wasn't very good in the first place, I know because I was one of those doing it back on the good old EJ forums.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    Some people enjoy doing things well, even if it's "just" a video game.
    I too aspire to be the best Dark Fiend I can be... so at least we have that in common. Perhaps there is hope for all of us to get along after all.

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Keensteel View Post
    I too aspire to be the best Dark Fiend I can be... so at least we have that in common. Perhaps there is hope for all of us to get along after all.
    You might want to look at his name again

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by meteo View Post
    You might want to look at his name again
    Meteo, thank you for bringing a little piece of happiness into my already exceptional day. You and I would be good Fiends in real life, I bet...

    It's an old joke, don't beat yourself up too much about it.

  14. #34
    Herald of the Titans Darkfriend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,925
    Quote Originally Posted by keensteel View Post
    i too aspire to be the best dark fiend i can be... So at least we have that in common. Perhaps there is hope for all of us to get along after all.
    fk uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

    its friend

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    fk uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

    its friend
    A Fiend in need is a Fiend indeed... Help a brother out!

  16. #36
    Pit Lord Odina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Montreal, Quebec, Canada
    Posts
    2,262
    Back on topic!!!

    Raven can help any one coming back to the game and helps those of us that have been here forever :P

    What raven can do is take care of your buffs debuffs and you can set up custom groups to illustrate things you want to see. As you will see here I have raven set up to show the following :

    Icons on top right show buffs
    Bars to the right of my toon is debuffs
    Icons at about my foot level but off to the right is my dps CD's while they are active / remaining active time
    Icons at about foot level but off to the left are defensive cds that are active with active time
    to the left of my toon is CD time on Deff abilities

    Directly under my feet is one that I feel would help some one just coming back the most and it is a custom icon group showing the spells that can be used and they show up based on a priority system you choose. Ergo a nice visual aid to show you what you should be using next. great to learn a new spec / class with a priority system or just to keep track of everything during a raid.

    You can see how the UI / raven works in a raid setting here:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XziE_Ht5xR4

    This is a fast walkthrough I did for a guild member on how to set up the custom bar:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyPUu_sQGpw

    Hope this can help you

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •