want to stress test...

whats the safest way. Is there a reliable program?

Your probably going to get more help if you say what you want to stress test
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

In other words, stop breaking shit with your fat ass.

oh cpu, and gpu. I downloaded prime95 going to see if i can do it.

Ehh.... i seem to recall prime95 having some...bad side effects if it crashes.

edit:
    Try looking in the CPU overclock thread and the GPU overclock thread to programs to use.
    Last edited by tielknight; 2014-06-04 at 02:59 AM.
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

Quote Originally Posted by tielknight View Post
    Ehh.... i seem to recall prime95 having some...bad side effects if it crashes.
    like what?

Quote Originally Posted by Stonecloak View Post
    like what?
    Don't quite remember what thread I saw it in, but I think it was something about how Prime95 uses the CPU and if it crashes it can cause problems because it leaves the CPU the way it was when it crashed instead of restoring it to default. Not sure, but thats what I can recall. All i remember is that it wasn't good and they went and removed it from the CPU overclock thread requirement not too long after.

Don't quite remember what thread I saw it in, but I think it was something about how Prime95 uses the CPU and if it crashes it can cause problems because it leaves the CPU the way it was when it crashed instead of restoring it to default. Not sure, but thats what I can recall. All i remember is that it wasn't good and they went and removed it from the CPU overclock thread requirement not too long after.
    Ah, well I haven't used it yet. I didn't realize it was linked with OC'ing. I just wanted to break in my cpu and gpu.

You don't "break" in a CPU or a GPU unless you are OCing to get a stable voltage and clock speeds.

Speaking of breaking, thanks MMOC :\

Remembered that you can run Furmark to see how your GPU will do under full load. Nice test of it's cooling and whatnot.
    Think some people like to run tests like that after they put new thermal paste on to "break" it in, but the CPU and GPU themselves should work fine right from the start(assuming it's not defective).
    Last edited by tielknight; 2014-06-04 at 03:22 AM.

You don't "break" in a CPU or a GPU unless you are OCing to get a stable voltage and clock speeds.

Speaking of breaking, thanks MMOC :\

Remembered that you can run Furmark to see how your GPU will do under full load. Nice test of it's cooling and whatnot.
    Think some people like to run tests like that after they put new thermal paste on to "break" it in, but the CPU and GPU themselves should work fine right from the start(assuming it's not defective).
    Yea I'm learning as I go. Still kind of a newbie at all the lingo.

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe Aida64 is now the commonly used stress test for stability benchmarking.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab