Computer Upgrade Question

Hi, I'm looking to upgrade my computer my current specs are
    Phenom II 4x 965 (not overclocked)
    Gigabyte 970A DS3 rev 1.0
    XFX 7850 (1gb)
    with 8 GB of ram (can't remember exact sticks ATM)
    600w powersupply.

I was thinking of buying an 8300 off ebay or elsewhere seeing as that is a nice improvement in my CPU department, I play some CPU heavy games such as battlefield, Wolfenstein, Watch_dogs, And if it is ever released I will play GTA V on pc. So what would be the best for me to upgrade, the devil's caynon upgrades aren't out of the question I would just prefer to not have to get a new mother board / ram

Those aren't CPU heavy games at all. They are GPU heavy games. The games are made specifically to be optimized through the use of a gpu. CPU doesn't really matter.

Here is a diagram of how this works with games.

CPU
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    -->>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> <<------ this is the CPU processing a game.

GPU
    -->>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    -->>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> <------this is the GPU processing a game.

those games pin my cpu at 98% and I am getting low performance based on that, soo they must be hard on my cpu, I know it is a dated cpu that is why I am looking to upgrade.

The 8350 would be an upgrade and so would the 6300 at a lower price point. I wouldn't want to have to get a new MB either.

However, I would think that the rig you have can handle everything out there right now.
    Desktop ------------------------------- Laptop- Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics
    AMD RX 6600XT GPU -------------------AMD Radeon RX 6800S discrete graphics
    16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM ----------------16 GB DDR5-4800 RAM
    1 TB WD Black SN770 NVMe SSD ------1 TB WD Black SN850 NVMe SSD

Deleted
    The games you listed aren't exactly CPU heavy, your system is pretty balanced in those titles. Don't expect huge gains with sole CPU upgrade.