Arrow I Understand Garrosh

All the man ever wanted - his life long quest; that one question that ever alluded him - was to know that his father was proud of him. All Garrosh ever truly wanted - it wasn't power or glory - was to be know that he was trulying loved. But Garrosh never would know, no matter what anyone would tell him. He had to know it, as the absolute truth, for himself. He tried as he could to convince himself he was father's boy, He thought dad believed in the old ways, so Garrosh tried to bring back the old traditions. His father was a warrior, and son wanted to follow in his footsteps. He latter was misled, thinking all dad ever wanted was to be better than anyone else, and so the son tried to make Orc kind better by putting others down. But...All he ever truly wanted, was to know that his father loved him.

I sincerely hope that he gets his wish in WoD.

i sincerly hope that garrosh gets his head taken off by grommash, now wouldnt that be a plot twist
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Supernova: Cause a pulse of Arcane energy around the target enemy or ally, dealing Arcane damage to all enemies within 8 yards, and knocking them up.

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I agree, to an extent. Those of us who've been around long enough to have seen that Garrosh instead of just seeing him as "just another quest giver" get that. But in Wrath, Cata, and now in MoP, they didn't play that up as much as they could have. There could be more empathy for him. That said, I'm not in anyway justifying what he did, but it makes him more of a 3 dimensional character rather than a carbon copy "Me want power, me crush enemies" bad guy.
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

Deleted
    Garrosh had some amazing promise but was struck down by bad writing, the whole embracing sha power was an unforgivable deviation from his original character for me, they try to justify it by saying "well sha isn't demon" but what's the god damn difference, they both grant power, they both corrupt. This whole story arc could have played out so much more satisfyingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    Garrosh had some amazing promise but was struck down by bad writing, the whole embracing sha power was an unforgivable deviation from his original character for me, they try to justify it by saying "well sha isn't demon" but what's the god damn difference, they both grant power, they both corrupt. This whole story arc could have played out so much more satisfyingly.
    Considering Garrosh mastered the Sha and made the Heart his ***** I think it's more you didn't understand what he was going for than the token "bad writing." "Bad writing" is turning into a catch-all term for people who glossed over an important detail in the story.

IMO his writing was not so much bad as inconsistent and directionless. Until MoP, when they decided on a direction. Not a particularly interesting one though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by arcaneshot View Post
    Considering Garrosh mastered the Sha and made the Heart his ***** I think it's more you didn't understand what he was going for than the token "bad writing." "Bad writing" is turning into a catch-all term for people who glossed over an important detail in the story.
    Wasn't Grom trying to "master" the demon power? especially the second time he drank it. How did Garrosh know he would be successful? how did he not learn from his fathers actions? How is attempting to master old god powers any different from attempting to master Demonic powers? they are both just as destructive and unpredictable, his actions regarding harnessing all this power made no sense, he hated demonic taint but old god taint is just a walk in the park? none of it makes any sense to me, perhaps I did fail to understand it, and still do, but to me, that's bad writing, just because a lot of people say that doesn't make it any less of a valid concern.

As a player who quit only a few months after Cata launched, and has not yet started playing again; it kind of shocks me with how they changed around both Garrosh AND Jaina.

When I started Cata, there was a fight between Vol'jin and Garrosh - of course. But then when you leveled up through the newly redone world, you found that Garrosh had learned a lot of good things from both Saurfang and Thrall. He even learned mercy from that Tauren in Stonetalon. It looked like he was shaping up to be a good leader... then I started reading about the new lore from everything after I quit, and it seems more like a 3rd party corrupted him (or bad writing?) and he just went warmonger/off-the-deep-end.

As far as Jaina, I can understand why she changed based on all her people being killed by Garrosh's army of hate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wasn't Grom trying to "master" the demon power? especially the second time he drank it. How did Garrosh know he would be successful? how did he not learn from his fathers actions? How is attempting to master old god powers any different from attempting to master Demonic powers? they are both just as destructive and unpredictable, his actions regarding harnessing all this power made no sense, he hated demonic taint but old god taint is just a walk in the park? none of it makes any sense to me, perhaps I did fail to understand it, and still do, but to me, that's bad writing, just because a lot of people say that doesn't make it any less of a valid concern.
    Demon powers are Fel, and Old God powers are more Shadow-ish, so Garrosh (and the developers) are actually correct in the sense that it's different but it doesn't excuse what was done.

Grom was also very naive, as most Orcs were back then. Physically power hungry. After drinking blood for the first time, and then going dry for a good decade, I could kind of see it as like a long-time Heroin addict that's been clean for a decade and just been offered a large cache of needles.

Not that unreasonable. Garrosh wanted to prove himself to his father, so trying to do better at something that his father failed to do comes naturally.

Deleted
    I hope he gets his wish in regards to his father, but I hope he dies because that cunt cost me so much of my time with his bastard RNG.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope he gets his head impaled on a pike.
    "The sword is mightier than the pen, and considerably easier to kill with."

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually liked him up until MoP, then they just threw on some sha/old god shit which I felt was a terrible direction to go in. He had so much potential to become a great leader.

Deleted
    His head on a pike would be an awesome end to the story.

He never had any good writing actually.
    Started as a pathetic emoboi back in TBC. I did his questline on one toon and one toon only. It always makes me smile to hear his babbling about smelling fear, which is his way of whining about me not giving a single flying fuck about his emoboi butthurt in Nagrand.
    Converted into a berzerker permanently high on blood in Wrath. I was positively laughing out loud when I first saw his "strategic thinking" in Warsong Hold (the world is facing a powerful enemy of everything that lives, let us then make sure we stay locked in a mutual throatbite with the Alliance).
    Made warchief in Cata. Well, I sat Cata out, nuff said.
    One of my chief resons to resub for MoP was the promise that he will be the final raid boss. I should have known better and never expected that I will actually be given the pleasure of personally killing the wretch.

There is one thing exactly right about him, though. Leader of the Horde is called warchief for a reason. The Horde is called a horde for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    All the man ever wanted - his life long quest; that one question that ever alluded him - was to know that his father was proud of him. All Garrosh ever truly wanted - it wasn't power or glory - was to be know that he was trulying loved. But Garrosh never would know, no matter what anyone would tell him. He had to know it, as the absolute truth, for himself. He tried as he could to convince himself he was father's boy, He thought dad believed in the old ways, so Garrosh tried to bring back the old traditions. His father was a warrior, and son wanted to follow in his footsteps. He latter was misled, thinking all dad ever wanted was to be better than anyone else, and so the son tried to make Orc kind better by putting others down. But...All he ever truly wanted, was to know that his father loved him.

I sincerely hope that he gets his wish in WoD.
    This is sounds like an afterschool special on ABC. What are we gonna get all teary eyed for the poser who:

1) Desecrated a Holy Land
    2) Turned his own soliders into Sha Beasts misusing the Divine Bell
    3) Sought to further corrupt them with Old God Blood
    4) Created abominations like Malkrok
    5) Corrupted himself using blood straight from the Heart of Y'Shaarj
    6) Showed us his visions of his perfect world where every world leader was mounted on a spike (including our Horde).
    7) Essentially he became the antithesis of everything that Grom stood for
    8) Regretted "Nothing"

And you want to see a tender loving father figure give him a hug after? This is ain't "Family Ties" its Warcraft.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lastlivingsoul View Post

1) Desecrated a Holy Land
    6) Showed us his visions of his perfect world where every world leader was mounted on a spike (including our Horde).
    8) Regretted "Nothing"
    He deserves medal for those things.