Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    The Real-And-Proper-For-Real-This-Time-Guys-We-Are-The-True Horde.

It's made up of orcs wearing armour made of orcs and wielding orcs as weapons. They're also so oldschool shamanistic they have Sentry Totems strapped to their backs and are only allowed to cast a single Chain Heal every half a minute.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Exeris View Post
    Summed up like that Horde sounds seriously unstable.

Can a similar list be made for Alliance?
    It goes like this.

Alliance of Lorderon (Aka The Grand Alliance, pre WC3)
    Alliance of Stormwind (post WC3)

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Horde is like Power Rangers, need a new one every year or two.

Next up is Lost Galaxy Horde.
    And as quickly as that, my day has been made.

The Latter Day Titans Horde.

Patch 7.0 a convicted Goblin swindler will find two golden tablets in the deserts of Tanaris written in a ancient language nobody speaks anymore. But during his sleep he is visited by a Naaru who helps him translate the tablets into pre-Shattering Kaldorei. From these tablets he discovers that the Titans who are the servants of the light originated from Azeroth, and they actually left to go pacify planets in the name of the Light for other Azerothians who live exemplary lives and serve the Light, to rule after death.

After this the tablets are promptly misplaced.

Yet our brave Goblin, inspired by the Light begins preaching his new found faith of Light worship and polygamy and people from across Kalimdor flock to his new Temple, built in Ungoro. Tho soon Orgrimmar authorities step in and put an end to the practice of polygamy, but in exchange grant Ungoro representation in the New Horde. They are also granted Tax exemption.

Soon the LDTH begins sending out their younglings across Azeroth to preach the one true faith to all people, Alliance, Horde, Neutral or Semi-Sentients. These young Elders become notorious for pestering tired peasants as they are trying to commute to work.

But soon trouble is brewing in Orgrimmar, in the upcoming elections the Troll Vol'jin will face off the LDTH member and true Orc Gauntlets Mitten. Who will be the new Warchief?

Quote Originally Posted by Briga View Post
    It goes like this.

I'd have called the second one "Stormwind and His Amazing Friends," but that's about the size of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaganfindel View Post
    I'd have called the second one "Stormwind and His Amazing Friends," but that's about the size of it.
    To be honest the Alliance of Lordaeron was even more human then this one. It was mostly made up by a variety of human kingdoms with a barebones elven and dwarven presence.

New Horde
    Newer Horde
    Horde Classic
    Diet Horde
    Crystal Horde
    Horde 10
    Golden Horde
    Mithril Horde
    Thorium Horde
    Fel Iron Horde
    Magnesium Horde
    Manganese Horde
    The One Horde
    The Five Horde
    Horde of Hordes
    Horde of Hoards
    Trying Horde
    Iron Horde 2: Electric Boogaloo
    Two and a Half Orcs

Really I expect it to go on forever.

I just hope we never get Nazi Horde again.

Quote Originally Posted by Briga View Post
    It goes like this.

I'd argue there was also Garithos's Alliance intermittently between the two.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Farabee View Post
    I just hope we never get Nazi Horde again.
    Next Expansion: Hordestein New Order

Thrall wakes up in a world where the old Horde won the second war, the resistance must now begin!

i'd say he was the last remnant of the first Alliance complete with its human supremacist ideals.
    Last edited by mmoc1dde548293; 2014-06-04 at 03:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    its the same horde, only the leader changes

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Garithos lead the Alliance Remnant, remnant of the Alliance of Lordaeron, that is why he received Dwarven and Stormwind aid. As far as they seen it, he still represented the Alliance of Loardaeron as the highest ranking military leader left.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Csnyder View Post
    Debatable. Each Horde faction makes it pretty clear that they consider themselves the "real Horde" and the other ones are "faaaaaaaaake". There also tend to be significant ideological, structural and organizational differences.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    Garithos lead the Alliance Remnant, remnant of the Alliance of Lordaeron, that is why he received Dwarven and Stormwind aid. As far as they seen it, he still represented the Alliance of Loardaeron as the highest ranking military leader left.
    Ah, I never knew he was aided by Stormwind. I thought he was a splinter faction of the old Alliance of Lordaeron like Theramore. Thanks for clarifying

Quote Originally Posted by Csnyder View Post
    I'd say up until Tides of Darkness it was. But then it splintered into 3 groups: Thrall and the "New Horde", Ren Blackhand and the "Dark Horde", and lastly, Kargath Bladefist and the "Fel Horde".
    Last edited by Khaza-R; 2014-06-04 at 03:31 PM.

Ah, I never knew he was aided by Stormwind. I thought he was a splinter faction of the old Alliance of Lordaeron like Theramore. Thanks for clarifying
    Well Stormwind at that time was still rebuilding, but he did receive supplies and volunteers from Stormwind, which at that time was the only remaining and active Human kingdom.

Stormwind only really became the Human figurehead of the Alliance after the death of Garrithos and the destruction of the Alliance Remnant.

Deleted
    I wasn't aware that Stormwind did anything to help Garithos during the third war. His forces were aided by the dwarves, but I was under the assumption those units were already under Lorderon's command when the kingdom fell.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    How many more expansions does WoW have?

That many more hordes. Also, "TITAN" is a first person game where you play as Thrall leading a team to take down Sargeras...or the Taliban. My sources get murky at the end there.

Don't forget the space horde.

They're coming for us.

Margate is possibly the funniest typo I've seen for Kargath. Anyway. Next will be the FUZZY HORDE, led by the Virmen Warchief anklescratcher.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

Quote Originally Posted by Doomchicken View Post
    Margate is possibly the funniest typo I've seen for Kargath. Anyway. Next will be the FUZZY HORDE, led by the Virmen Warchief anklescratcher.
    Well, the Mongrel Horde was almost a real thing...

When you're a faction filled with deceit and where one orc can kill another to become leader, you're bound to get some people who want to be the next big thing. Thus, many Hordes.

I like the Fed Horde though.