Project Fifty - Class lvl 50 X-Realm Raiding

This project is US and we will accept pretty much anyone as long as you can understand basic raiding concepts, don't be bad, finish gearing, etc. To join simply level a character to 50 and begin gearing him there is a link at the bottom of this post which you should take a look at. If you still want additional info on everything you may also add my battletag kylerlemieux#1525. So to begin the real. This post is to promote project fifty which is a cross realm raiding group which has the end goal of defeating all the classic raids of Wow that are still available. This is the perfect time to restart the group as there is a major downtime spike until Warlords of Draenor releases, meaning people will have downtime during there normal play times but may still wish to play making this the perfect opportunity to restart the raiding group. The current raids still available are Molten Core, Blackwing Lair, AQ10 and AQ40, unfortunately the rest of the raids from vanilla have been removed. Currently we are recruiting everything and all classes(Caster dps is not super viable as they need an atrocious amount of hit to do any sort of damage). For anyone who doubts that ability to enter these raids, or the possibility to do them you may check my achievements I have completed both molten core and AQ10 on this character. I personally believe one of the best things about this raiding style is that it has never been done before meaning we're learning new things quite a bit and have to attempt boss fights in an alternative manner. One of the boss fights Moam in AQ10/20 needs to be mana burnThied to avoid his semi raid wipe ability however we no longer have mana burn in the game nor was it available to level 50s when it was meaning we had to come up with a different tactic to kill him.

FIFTY is a raiding project with all level 50 characters aiming to run Molten Core, Blackwing Lair, Ruins of Ahn'Qiraj, and Temple of Ahn'Qiraj at the lowest level possible, in classic raiding fashion. This is a cross-realm effort and it needs YOU. Everything will be documented and recorded. Direct all questions, inquiries, and anyone interested to THIS thread.

Here are the details and what you need to know to join us.

Preferred Race is Gnome for Sonic Booster and Noise Machine. If you are choosing to roll a Warrior, Priest, Warlock, Monk, or Rogue, please be a Gnome.

If you have ANY question or comment regarding this project, feel free to leave a post in this thread.

Guidelines:
    - Physical DPS requires 17% hit. Stack your best stat. Ignore HP.
    - Caster DPS are pretty much not viable Ele shamans, spriest, and boomkin can get near the required hit (around 60%) to actually do ok dps.
    - Tanks require at least 8600 HP unbuffed. 10,000 HP+ buffed preferred.

Class Priority:
    Tanks - Warrior > Druid ≥ Monk > Paladi
    Healers - Priest = Paladin = Shaman = Druid = Monk
    DPS - Warrior ≥ Feral Druid ≥ Hunter = Rogue > Monk > Ele/Enh Shaman > Ret > Spriest < Boomy < mage/warlock (pretty much not viable at all)

Current Progression:

Molten Core (10/10) - CLEARED
    Lucifron - 5/18/12
    Magmadar - 5/18/12
    Gehennas - 5/19/12
    Garr - 12/21/12
    Shazzrah - 12/21/12
    Baron Geddon - 12/21/12
    Golemagg the Incinerator - 12/29/12
    Sulfuron Harbinger - 12/29/12
    Majordomo Executus - 12/29/12
    Ragnaros - 12/29/12

Blackwing Lair (1/7)
    Razorgore the Untamed - 1/13/13
    Vaelastrasz the Corrupt
    Broodlord Lashlayer
    Firemaw
    Ebonroc
    Chromaggus
    Nefarian

Ruins of Ahn'Qiraj (6/6) - CLEARED
    Kurinnaxx - 04/10/12
    General Rajaxx - 04/14/12
    Moam - 05/04/12
    Buru the Gorger - 04/21/12
    Ayamiss the Hunter - 04/28/12
    Ossirian the Unscarred - 05/04/12

Temple of Ahn'Qiraj (1/9)
    The Prophet Skeram - 1/11/13
    Bug Trio - Yuaj, Vem, Kri - (1/25/13)
    Battleguard Sartura
    Fankriss the Unyielding
    Princess Huhuran
    Viscidus
    Vek'lor & Vek'nilash
    Ouro
    C'Thun

World Bosses - (Unsure if possible)
    Kazzak the Doomlord
    Doomwalker
    Any other faction specific world bosses (Garrosh is a level 70 elite in the outland as is Rexxar but we have not yet learned if they are possible at all and will need more testing)

Pm me for our website link and a link to our most recent video you may also type World of Warcraft MoP - Project Fifty Recruitment Video 2014 into youtube to find the video.
    Last edited by Willag; 2014-06-04 at 03:18 PM.

Deleted
    Maybe it's a good idea to tell which connected realms are eligible for this and if you are on the EU or US realms. It sounds interesting but I need to know those things first before I can say yes or no

Quote Originally Posted by RoyW View Post
    Maybe it's a good idea to tell which connected realms are eligible for this and if you are on the EU or US realms. It sounds interesting but I need to know those things first before I can say yes or no
    Oh I am sorry for the confusion it is for US.

Level 50 characters in MOP do as much or more dps than level 70 characters did in TBC, tanks especially are complete monsters on damage... I mean even at level 30 the tank classes are doing 3x more dps than a lvl70 TBC tank. I can't see any point in this unless you were able to do it at level 30.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Level 50 characters in MOP do as much or more dps than level 70 characters did in TBC, tanks especially are complete monsters on damage... I mean even at level 30 the tank classes are doing 3x more dps than a lvl70 TBC tank. I can't see any point in this unless you were able to do it at level 30.
    you have no clue -_- You're making bold ignorant claims with little to no knowledge regarding the topic so please stop commenting unless you have something productive to say, however I do thank you for the bump.
    Last edited by Willag; 2014-06-04 at 03:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Willag View Post
    you have no clue -_-
    I have a lot of clue actually, do you realise how much more output every class has than even a fully geared lvl60 in Vanilla? The two alts I leveled recently were regularly topping over 1k dps in lvl40-58 dungeons while Arms Warriors and Prot Warriors never drop below those numbers and can see as high as 4-5k dps on cleave pre outland, those are WOTLK numbers right there. Not to mention the healer monks doing 600 dps while healing and disc priests outclassing the other spellcasters one damage while healing.

It's all wacky as hell and the numbers are completely through the roof.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    I have a lot of clue actually, do you realise how much more output every class has than even a fully geared lvl60 in Vanilla? The two alts I leveled recently were regularly topping over 1k dps in lvl40-58 dungeons while Arms Warriors and Prot Warriors never drop below those numbers and can see as high as 4-5k dps on cleave pre outland, those are WOTLK numbers right there. Not to mention the healer monks doing 600 dps while healing and disc priests outclassing the other spellcasters one damage while healing.

It's all wacky as hell and the numbers are completely through the roof.
    Yes but you have to account for the level disparity which means the bosses are taking almost nothing from white damage hits every class has to get hit rating of 17% at least gimping everything else. You may have knowledge of a similar experience but it does not translate directly to the raiding as you may think. Also most dps do get one shot by the raid mobs also tanks experience crushing blows all the time, the raid experience is definitely difficult. Probably not on par with a current heroic raid encounter but is basically the difficulty of an on ilvl normal mode raid for most of the raids however I believe once we get deeper into aq40 it becomes quite difficult.
    Last edited by Willag; 2014-06-04 at 03:14 PM.

boss >>>>>>>>> +2 level. 16% hit to 6?%

do you have plans to go on to do tbc raids at x level and wotlk raids at y?
    Last edited by rangore; 2014-06-04 at 03:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the challenging aspect of it, but it kinda sucks that you can't get any tier upgrades. I did this with 60's in Wotlk. We didn't need a full 40, but we had 30~ and we full cleared MC/BWL/AQ40. I would want tier upgrades if I did this and well... lvl 50 isn't level 60, so there wouldn't be any. I'd watch videos that are posted, but I wouldn't invest my time in something like this.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by rangore View Post
    boss >>>>>>>>> +2 level. 16% hit to 6?%

do you have plans to go on to do tbc raids at x level and wotlk raids at y?
    Bosses are actually 3+ -_- so you're just flat out wrong there but also the bosses are based on the instance they are in so bosses are 60+3 in vanilla raids. Do you really think we didn't think of this?

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    I like the challenging aspect of it, but it kinda sucks that you can't get any tier upgrades. I did this with 60's in Wotlk. We didn't need a full 40, but we had 30~ and we full cleared MC/BWL/AQ40. I would want tier upgrades if I did this and well... lvl 50 isn't level 60, so there wouldn't be any. I'd watch videos that are posted, but I wouldn't invest my time in something like this.
    Well after the project is finished you can continue leveling and you now have full mog gear as needed. I find that, that not having to constantly looking for gear is actually one of the nice things about this raiding style. You finish gearing your character and then you're done worrying about it and you can just come to do the raids and enjoy some older now unappreciated content for fun.

- - - Updated - - -

There are also full gearing guides for anyone who may be interested.

Very cool, stinks that you can't use any class you want. I guess without hit/exp in WoD that will change? It had never occurred to be that messing with the leveling stats would make it too easy to do a classic 60 run AT 60.

Quote Originally Posted by 87Octane View Post
    Very cool, stinks that you can't use any class you want. I guess without hit/exp in WoD that will change? It had never occurred to be that messing with the leveling stats would make it too easy to do a classic 60 run AT 60.
    Yeah i agree and i'm not sure howw WOD will work hopefully in our favor though. I think i heard reports of 3 geared 60s being able to do aq40 now.

Deleted
    WoD will completely fuck up all twinks below level 85, and level 80s will feel the hit hardest.

Good luck hitting the lvl 63 boss...

"Has never been done before" Not true anymore now is it? Remember reading about it over at twinkinfo (I see you're part of that group). Also another group at least has done it on EU Alliance.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4079841579

http://wow.stratics.com/edit/level-5...evel-60-raids/
    Quote Originally Posted by Zdrasti View Post
    He's telling you upfront what's going to take. It's not ninja looting. It's pirate looting! YAARRRR!!!

^It's the same group. I raided with them. Project died due to attendance, I'm assuming someone is trying to resurrect it.

That is correct I was one of the original raiders to join and clear the first couple tiers of content (project seemed to die each time shortly after I had taken a break from wow and was reviving whenever I returned) . I am planning to restart the project with the founder Thirk. EU was never able to successfully get a c'thun kill as such it will still be a world first We did in fact make the world first 50 only Ragnoras and Ossirian kills. I have both such achievements on my level 50 druid galliw.

- - - Updated - - -

bumpig to see if any additional interest
    Last edited by Willag; 2014-06-04 at 06:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Post recruitment threads in our Guild Recruitment forum: http://www.mmo-champion.com/forums/2...ent-US-Servers

You can also post here: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...lm-Raid-Thread to find people quicker.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..