Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
7
8
9
10
11
LastLast
  1. #161
    Fluffy Kitten Lokann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Trapped in Rykha's basement
    Posts
    12,345
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Po View Post
    Option Face #1 for Gnomes has had their eyes changed FROM PURPLE, TO GREEN. And that ain't cool, I really like my purple eyed Gnome, for 7 years.
    All the races have had the order in which their faces display messed up. It's an obvious bug that will get fixed once they actually have the other expansion features up and running properly.



  2. #162
    Quote Originally Posted by Exeris View Post
    It isn't exactly news that upgrading the character models has been monumental work, not sure why you are talking about palette swaps.
    Because a palette swap is the work that OP is asking for. Yeah, updating the models as a whole took a lot of work because it required creating new, higher resolution textures, it used far more polygons, and the updated animation system. Eye color is about the least difficult thing to possibly change in this situation so there's no large amount of work involved with it. If it's still there in beta then it could be fixed in an afternoon.

  3. #163
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Po View Post
    You make a good example here, because of the Night Elf fang, the developer responded to it.

    Now with the Gnome's purple eyes gone for 7 months, no one has mention it.
    So do you really think I believe this will change? I don't really believe it will, so I raise my concern.

    - - - Updated - - -


    No, I played the game on Dreamhack, they are gone. Face #1 has purple eyes, on game client it has green eyes.
    All the other faces are presented in the game client with their original eyes, except for that face

    If it's your concern that they might have forgotten about eye-colors, but none knows for sure, then let me tell you that there are other ways of expressing that than by calling Blizzard liers and spreading out wrong facts.
    Please keep your feedback constructive and realistic.
    Last edited by megasus; 2014-06-04 at 12:06 PM.

  4. #164
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Why are you still going on about this here? Are you hoping a Blizzard employee will reply to you here? Anyone with common sense knows that the gnomes and all their face options aren't done. If you have worries/concerns, despite knowing that they aren't done, go to the source and ask Blizzard on their forums or on that dudes Twitter account that has been mentioned quite a few times on here.
    Apparently he did, they answered it was unfinished and he still came here to complain.
    English is not my first language, feel free to correct any mistake I may make.

  5. #165
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Again, that is either a different face incorrectly linked to face 1 or an unfinished face 1 they haven't fixed yet. They are spending a lot of resources trying to make the new models look like the old ones (it would be much easier to make them different), do you REALLY think they would overlook something like eye colour?
    I believe they changed the purple eyes to green on purpose, since the original Gnome artwork that is most used on Wowpedia, and the offical Warcraft site has green eyes, they made them green and removed purple because of a design choice, flavor, whatever.

    That is what I believe. Why should I believe otherwise? There is no evidence or word said by Blizzard that it will change.. It has changed from purple to green, by gameplay experience I know it's gone, so what's your problem?

    Your problem is that I have a problem that I don't know the full truth to; YES! So I'm talking about it after staying quiet for 7 months... You gotta realize it's been a while.

  6. #166
    OP tell me how to get the final game and I'll not mind actually commenting on this.

  7. #167
    Did you know you can retain the old character models if you so desire? I think it could be done in the graphics options.

  8. #168
    My gnome has the same face with the purple eyes. I see your concern and hope it will change before release. It's not like I won't be able to play my character if the eyes on my gnome suddenly change from purple to green, but it is however quite noticeable on the gnomes because the eyes are so big compared to the face. I personally think the new models look awesome, but I still think that OP has a point. I'm not to judge wether or not the model shown is final or not; I know nothing about the process of making games. But I still think it's a fair request to keep the eye color of your character.
    Last edited by Fabulouspimp; 2014-06-04 at 12:11 PM. Reason: Typo

  9. #169
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Nobody here believes that, in their effort to keep the new models looking like the old ones, Blizzard wouldn't notice they changed the eye colour by mistake and not fix it. I hope.

    Several of the other races have their faces mixed up, old face 1 becoming new face 3 and stuff like that. You know, the usual UNFINISHED stuff.
    Ofc not, but imagine the OP's reaction if they did.

    I just hope they fix the floating teeth on one of the dwarf faces.
    It's almost always the wrong argument to compare yourself to the highest DPS specs out there. "Middle of the pack" is actually where everyone is supposed to be. -Ghostcrawler
    DPS Tuning
    •Yes, this is a roller coaster. Our process is to try things out and iterate if we don't like them. If the churn offends you, just hang on for another week or two.

  10. #170
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Po View Post
    I believe they changed the purple eyes to green on purpose, since the original Gnome artwork that is most used on Wowpedia, and the offical Warcraft site has green eyes, they made them green and removed purple because of a design choice, flavor, whatever.

    That is what I believe. Why should I believe otherwise? There is no evidence or word said by Blizzard that it will change.. It has changed from purple to green, by gameplay experience I know it's gone, so what's your problem?

    Your problem is that I have a problem that I don't know the full truth to; YES! So I'm talking about it after staying quiet for 7 months... You gotta realize it's been a while.
    Jesus, it's like dealing with a conspiracy theorist...

  11. #171
    Herald of the Titans Khaza-R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Darkside of the Moon
    Posts
    2,736
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Po View Post
    I believe they changed the purple eyes to green on purpose, since the original Gnome artwork that is most used on Wowpedia, and the offical Warcraft site has green eyes, they made them green and removed purple because of a design choice, flavor, whatever.

    That is what I believe. Why should I believe otherwise? There is no evidence or word said by Blizzard that it will change.. It has changed from purple to green, by gameplay experience I know it's gone, so what's your problem?

    Your problem is that I have a problem that I don't know the full truth to; YES! So I'm talking about it after staying quiet for 7 months... You gotta realize it's been a while.
    Maybe because we haven't even seen a texture pack for male Gnomes yet?

    Somehow its obscenely obvious to everyone else but you that the textures are aren't finished yet.

  12. #172
    Quote Originally Posted by Exeris View Post
    Ofc not, but imagine the OP's reaction if they did.

    I just hope they fix the floating teeth on one of the dwarf faces.
    Imagine if the bugged tauren models with armor textures all over their face were final. Imagine if the new humans were the new orc model with the old human texture streched on. I can imagine a lot of silly things, it doesn't mean they are real.
    English is not my first language, feel free to correct any mistake I may make.

  13. #173
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabulouspimp View Post
    My gnome has the same face with the purple eyes. I see your concern and hope it will change before release. It's not like I won't be able to play my character if the eyes on my gnome suddenly change from purple to green, but it is however quite noticeable on the gnomes because the eyes are so big compared to the face. I personally think the new models look awesome, but I still think that OP has a point. I'm not to judge wether ot not the model shown is final or not; I know nothing about the proces of making games. But I still think it's still a fair request to keep the eye color of your character.
    Yeah, you know.. But it's hard being the minority, being with my past experience with Goblins having a animation bug that was fixed for all other races, but for Goblin it was still present.. the bug, still are.

    Everytime I raise my concern long after, they only say to me that it will be fixed sometime. So my experience is, once things are past being worked on, they never go back if it's a concern of the minority. 3 years, still that animation bug is there, and I did report as very few others on the official forum and they responded with the same way they do now.

  14. #174
    Im sure your life is in ruins now, I mean this new Gnome model is so freaking awful to look at, right?

    Its much better than the old model, how can you complain? >.<

  15. #175
    Over 9000! Winter Blossom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    "Winter is coming"
    Posts
    9,752
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Apparently he did, they answered it was unfinished and he still came here to complain.
    Really, lol.... On that note, I'm done here. Good luck with this OP, gents

  16. #176
    i.imgur.com/srTDtBk.png

    Just gonna' leave this here. Apparently I can't post it as an image yet.

  17. #177
    Quote Originally Posted by Pengalor View Post
    Because a palette swap is the work that OP is asking for. Yeah, updating the models as a whole took a lot of work because it required creating new, higher resolution textures, it used far more polygons, and the updated animation system. Eye color is about the least difficult thing to possibly change in this situation so there's no large amount of work involved with it. If it's still there in beta then it could be fixed in an afternoon.
    You missed the start of that.

    Waiting until beta hits has been the time where "most" people would agree that complaining about the development process was acceptable at least I thought it was.

    So I was confused when someone said we need to wait for them to announce that it's 100% finished and then we can complain, well all this is irrelevant anyway. There is no way of stopping complaints, best thing to do is not to click on these thread. But that is really difficult.

    I doubt that there would be much issue fixing the eye color after WoD hits live.
    It's almost always the wrong argument to compare yourself to the highest DPS specs out there. "Middle of the pack" is actually where everyone is supposed to be. -Ghostcrawler
    DPS Tuning
    •Yes, this is a roller coaster. Our process is to try things out and iterate if we don't like them. If the churn offends you, just hang on for another week or two.

  18. #178
    Quote Originally Posted by CataclismicSunrise View Post
    Yes, the fangs. I remember reading posts from you that were very similar to the OP here and then having the same advice you gave the OP given to you.

    Take some of that alpha state gospel on board, did you?

    I didn't make any threads. I expressed my disappointment with how unlikely it was to change. Whether or not it was likely to change was also a lot more ambiguous than this. Night Elf females never had fangs on the model. These Gnome faces do have purple eyes.
    Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    Well it's good to see the keyboard activists in full effect. Doing the laziest, most asinine thing they could think of off the top of their heads and calling it justice while making no difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by C9H20
    Blizzard effectively wants to have its cake and eat it too by pretending to have this groundbreaking war in a faction capital while at the same time being completely unwilling to portray logical consequences of such an event.

  19. #179
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Imagine if the bugged tauren models with armor textures all over their face were final. Imagine if the new humans were the new orc model with the old human texture streched on. I can imagine a lot of silly things, it doesn't mean they are real.
    You are still not getting me, I was playing with the thought of Blizzard changing the eye color of the original model just to piss the op off.

    To be fair I should have added /sarcasm.
    It's almost always the wrong argument to compare yourself to the highest DPS specs out there. "Middle of the pack" is actually where everyone is supposed to be. -Ghostcrawler
    DPS Tuning
    •Yes, this is a roller coaster. Our process is to try things out and iterate if we don't like them. If the churn offends you, just hang on for another week or two.

  20. #180
    Quote Originally Posted by Yppah View Post
    There will be an option to allow you to switch between the old models and the new ones (this was confirmed). So if you don't like the new ones then don't use them. No one is being forced into using the updated models.
    But you're missing the point...there will be no flying in WOD! I mean, that is what I at least got from this post o_0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •