Thread: Deepest fears?

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Deepest fears?

So,

I will confess my deepest most disturbing fear I have:

I am utterly terrified that I will somehow be wrongly convicted of a terrible crime I have not committed. And I will never be able to prove my innocence.

So,

What's your deepest fear?

10+ Year Old Account
    Satan being openly worshiped in public as if it were a normal day.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    Satan being openly worshiped in public as if it were a normal day.
    That is interesting...

Thank you for sharing!

Hopefully this isn't offensive, but that sounds perfectly fine by me. People should live the way they want, no matter what spaghetti monster they worship.

7+ Year Old Account
    That MMO-Champion closes and I have to take my innate rambling's somewhere else.

On a more serious note , being on a boat and it sinking. I'VE WATCHED TITANIC.

Fuck boats!

Being alone - a person is a gloomy creature - being with friends is always a joyous occasion, that is always worth celebrating.
    Whoever loves let him flourish. / Let him perish who knows not love. / Let him perish twice who forbids love. - Pompeii

Quote Originally Posted by RoryTee View Post
    That MMO-Champion closes and I have to take my innate rambling's somewhere else.

On a more serious note , being on a boat and it sinking. I'VE WATCHED TITANIC.

Fuck boats!
    Mine is much like yours, I have an absolutely tremendous terror of the ocean. I think being out on a ship and it sinking in the middle of an Ocean would cause me to die out of pure fear rather than drowning.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a fear of heights.

but my biggest fear is the future, I feel like all these uneducated people are going to let the rich ruin the world. I kinda like the world, it has plants and junk.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully this isn't offensive, but that sounds perfectly fine by me. People should live the way they want, no matter what spaghetti monster they worship.
    To me it is, but I've heard worse so I don't care anymore. So used to being bullied by the left over the years that it doesn't phase me anymore. And no, its not healthy at all.

This type of mentality of "people should do what they want" is the type of mentality that breaks people away from traditional standards and leads them towards the left hand path. Society needs to be structured by standards because man is a primitive animal that needs to have his primitive desires kept in check. Once you let people believe what they want, standards and faith diminish, the animal in them becomes more powerful. Satan dwells in places where faith is lost and the more people that lose faith, the stronger Lucifer becomes.

Your type of mentality is what I'm fighting against as its effectively killing off my people. It's just another form of controlling people, forcing people to accept others despite not liking them. It's real intention is to remove people of tradition and standards. And I'll leave it at that before I get banned.

My deepest fear would be that this sharp pain in my chest and numbness in my arm actually turns out to be a heart attack.

joking
    Ridicule is the only weapon which can be used against unintelligible propositions. -Thomas Jefferson

Bodily harm. Gettting in a huge accident with passagers, losing my teeth or seeing a huge gaping bloody fleshy wound on my body for example. Scarring, being disabled etc.

To me it is, but I've heard worse so I don't care anymore. So used to being bullied by the left over the years that it doesn't phase me anymore. And no, its not healthy at all.

This type of mentality of "people should do what they want" is the type of mentality that breaks people away from traditional standards and leads them towards the left hand path. Society needs to be structured by standards because man is a primitive animal that needs to have his primitive desires kept in check. Once you let people believe what they want, standards and faith diminish, the animal in them becomes more powerful. Satan dwells in places where faith is lost and the more people that lose faith, the stronger Lucifer becomes.

Your type of mentality is what I'm fighting against as its effectively killing off my people. It's just another form of controlling people, forcing people to accept others despite not liking them. It's real intention is to remove people of tradition and standards. And I'll leave it at that before I get banned.
    Actually most "Satanists" I've met were more well-rounded people than ANY other religious people I've met. Mostly because they respect that people can do what they want and believe that the path to fulfillment is by achieving things on your own and not living your life in blind faith that maybe someday God/Allah/whatever deity will shower you with riches and praise.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

Ever having someone like this come to power again.
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    So if the states get together and work with the Legislative Branch to write an amendment to the federal constitution, you think the Judiciary (SCOTUS) could strike it down for being 'unconstitutional'?
    Uh...yes. Absolutely.

If men were angels, no government would be necessary.

I find it funny that you have these views, but also preach about freedom - you don't deny that men can be self destructive, but you won't concede the notion that there should be laws in place to expressly forbid these things from happening, because men aren't self destructive.

The thinking isn't consistent.
    Whoever loves let him flourish. / Let him perish who knows not love. / Let him perish twice who forbids love. - Pompeii

Reading something on one of these deepest fear threads, then getting that idea stuck in my mind for so long that I begin to fret over it, and that fret becomes a genuine worry, and soon thereafter I have a created a new phobia for myself.

Someone with these views being in a position of power is rather scary.

And I think that may be my deepest fear, that men and women with anti-human views can come into power.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Deleted
    Religion being taken more seriously than science.

Oh and failure, that shit sucks.

Deleted
    Freezing up and not being able to do my job when it really matters.

That I fall back into the person I once was.
    The earth is not a cold dead place

10+ Year Old Account
    Being stuck out in the open ocean, alone. Bonus points if forced to float/swim.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    I find it unreasonable to ask for other than obvious reasons, when the reason obviously is the obvious reason.
    Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch.../dalaran/ryuji

Song that's currently stuck in my head: pretty much anything from Dance With the Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    My children dying before me.