Page 80 of 92 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    You can't read can you.
    From YOUR own words
    So if u want to do 14 applications via the Library a week that is $4 a day for 7 days over the course of 4 weeks
    Then tells someone they can't read? I'll just stop even trying to debate with you, if you can't even remember what YOU said.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    That's where discipline comes in. So its ok for you to indulge yourself but not others.
    Wait, are you telling Orlong to have some personal responsibility?

I had a nice lulz session.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    So dont live in New York. Its a city for rich people. Mainly Wall Street traders and TV/Movie stars
    Man I guess there's absolutely no grunt work to be done in New York, absolutely none. Nobody needs to make everyone's morning latte, nobody needs to serve burgers or drive public transit, nope.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Give us a legitimate reason why.
    Because its an unnecessary entertainment expense not needed to live. Once you make enough money to not need handouts, then you can have it

Once youre used to larger portions, going to small ones sucks. Youre always starving like 2 hours after you eat
    There is the option of not being a lazy, weak, sedentary blob. That solves a lot of problems when it comes to nutrition and health.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Obesity is a thing.
    To much of a thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post

Pretty much. If I can lose 25 pounds, why can't he?

I clearly have more discipline, so I deserve to be more successful than him in life zomg!

Next thing you know, she's going to suggest that he shouldn't be angry that other people choose to eat outside.

Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    From YOUR own words

Then tells someone they can't read? I'll just stop even trying to debate with you, if you can't even remember what YOU said.
    Notice how I said
    if u want to do 14 applications via the Library a week that is $4 a day for 7 days
    Now read the rest of the post that proves your logic to be bullshit......ill wait.

Like this part
    So to apply to place's that are not within walking distance you will need to take the bus. That is $4 both ways. Now the Library only lets you use the computer for 1hr a DAY and most applications take around 30mins. So that is 2 applications a day. To increase this amount you need to apply to other places or go to other Library's and if ether of these is not in walking distance from your home or the current Library your are at then you must spend more money to take the bus to go to these place's.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Because its an unnecessary entertainment expense not needed to live. Once you make enough money to not need handouts, then you can have it
    And why's that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Most public bus companies offer unlimited rides monthly passes for like $50, and in some cases even less for poor people (subsidized unfortunately)
    If they have $50 a month to spare, they don't need to go the library.

I am poor and I am paying $40.33 per month for internet and $20 per YEAR for magic jack for a home phone. That unlimited bus pass would cost me more than internet which still wouldn't do me any good as there isn't a bus route within 10 miles of here and there hasn't been for over a decade.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't managed the multimillions, but I got tired of what I was doing at one point. Took some time to think about it (omg I was living on government handouts!!!1). Decided to change career paths and start my own thing, completely unrelated to what I was previously doing. Worked ridiculous hours, sometimes 100+ per week. But, that didn't matter, because I knew why I was working.

That path was available to me because of government and family support. In other words, I had a safety net from two sources.

So I just SMH and /facepalm when I see arguments like those going on in this thread.
    Yeah. That's something my father had to do, becaus ebeing a non tenured professor making crap for wages was tough. I wish I had anecdotes that involved myself, but I still haven't gotten my career started but working on it!

Having safety nets and support is the biggest motivator for making the best of yourself, so I can't understand people who espouse employee drive but want to cut safty nets :s

Notice how I said Now read the rest of the post that proves your logic to be bullshit......ill wait.
    When someone forgets the basis of their argument, and keeps trying to change it to suit their argument, and evolve it every time they get called out. Classic

Ok now take that $2 x it by 2 thats $4 and now X that by 7 that is $28 a week to go daily to apply for jobs for 1hr at a library. That is half of the cost of a monthly phone bill in one week.. Now take the 28$ X that by 4 "4 weeks" that is $112. That cost more then both my Phone bill and internet put together.
    BTW: Done wasting my time on and with you. If i feel the need for mindless banter that leads to no where, i'll send you a tell.

Deleted
    Thankfully people like you don't hold offices of import for long, and when you do you're usually deposed in rapid succession.

When someone forgets the basis of their argument, and keeps trying to change it to suit their argument, and evolve it every time they get called out. Classic
    I haven't changed anything. That is the math if you want to apply 2 times a day for 7 days/4 weeks of the month.

Then I took that math and cut it down a little and factored in going to places to apply to them in person.

It still cost's more then a smart phone plan. All you are doing is trying to pick apart my arguement when you have nothing to defend yours with. Here is the thing about math ITS ALWAYS RIGHT.........

No sane person would only apply to 3 or 4 jobs a week. To apply to more then 2 jobs = to a day you need to go to the library more then once a week.

Hell feel free to give me a realistic amount of times someone should apply to a job via bus/library a week and ill give you the math to that as well.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I agree. Having worked primarily with people who hate their jobs, it really just seems to fuel a mentality in which you never help the company, never put in more than the bare minimum effort, and look to grab anything for yourself that you can. Sure, it's still on them that they're behaving like that, but it would be foolish to discount the role the employer played in fostering that attitude. Even worse, those types of jobs tend to be ones where people aren't in a rush to fire people for whatever reason and that attitude corrupts new employees in a hurry.

Yeah, I suppose that's true. The idea of actually having zero money or less isn't something I'm familiar with. ;(
    And thats why they remain poor and have shitty jobs, because they put in the bare minimum to not get fired and as such, they get shitty annual reviews and no raises. If they actually gave it their all, went above and beyond, they would get more raises and wouldnt be poor after a few years

10+ Year Old Account
    And thats why they remain poor and have shitty jobs, because they put in the bare minimum to not get fired and as such, they get shitty annual reviews and no raises. If they actually gave it their all, went above and beyond, they would get more raises and wouldnt be poor after a few years
    And having some form of entertainment has a beneficial effect on your mood at work. If you were an employer, you might understand that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unemployment in my state requires four applications per week. His argument is weak, no one needs to go to the library every day of the month. And not all jobs require an online application, places like wal-mart, home-depot, and other big places have kiosks people can use to apply.
    Mine requires 4 a week as well, but the state never verifies you are submitting 4 a week so many people dont do it, or they just submit applications for jobs they know they arent qualified for, and know they wont even get an interview for just to meet the quota

At this point, I honestly think you are a troll, there is no way you could honestly be this for detached from reality. Your last name wouldn't happen to be Romney, would it?

Seriously, how old are you, where did you grow up and what year were you ever living off minimum wage with no assistance (including roommates)?

15+ Year Old Account
    You've not heard of the glass ceiling, have you. It's exceedingly low for minimum wage workers, and with minimum wage as low as it is, it's incredibly difficult affording "improving yourself".
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"