Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by finchna View Post
    getting more and more like D3...
    These stats would have to get much more interesting to be more like D3.

I think the following:

Either Versatility and/or Multistrike are totally becoming OP, or totally worthless, in comparison to crit and possibly haste. Simply because crit stands for the slow-strong dps/healing, and haste for fast-weak (yet equal) dps/healing. What exactly would Versatility or Multristrike add? Average-average dps/healing? What's the use for that? Multristrike, Versatility and Crit look like huge competitors of each other in terms of slow-strong output. Haste will probably remain just as valuable as it's now, simply because it's a super reliable and 'fast' stat.

As for the minor stats, why would you pick Indestructible over any of the other stats? It's valuable in gold-terms, but not in any raiding-term, unless I'm missing something
    Last edited by Tisane; 2014-06-04 at 10:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Moradim View Post
    i'll give you one example why versatility will be broken...DK tanks.

more damage done = bigger death strikes = bigger shields. at the same time, you take less damage. so you are essentially "double dipping" on a stat.

more damage for a prot paladin is essentially useless, as far as survivability goes. only the less damage taken benefit helps them.

so how do you balance a stat like this which is really good for some people, but not as good for others?
    when it drops, give it to your dk tank and not to your paladin.

Quote Originally Posted by Tisane View Post
    I think the following:

As for the minor stats, why would you pick Indestructible over any of the other stats? It's valuable in gold-terms, but not in any raiding-term, unless I'm missing something
    What you are missing is that minor stats are rare, and not something you are going to pick or choose between. They are just going to be very rare things tagged onto the bottom of an items stats. They aren´t secondary stats. Like maybe there is a 10% chance that an item will have a minor stat, and then it will be random which one. You will probably have maybe 3-4 minor stats TOTAL on your character at any given time... but maybe towards the end of a tier you will ´upgrade´ to a better minor stat if you get really lucky with a gear slot.

I think secondary stats shall just be:
    Crit / Mastery / Haste (useful for everyone)
    Bonus Amor (tank stats)
    Spirit (Healer stats)

And minor stats shall only be stats that only for fun:
    Movement speed (this kinda change combat)
    Indestructible (this only affect gold, doesn't change combat)

I don't see the points of multistrike, avoidance, versatility, Leech etc. They change the game play / combat in the same way some class abilities or talents already does.
    I like how they remove hit, expertise, parry, dodge from gear in WoD and streamline the stats.
    But why add more stats that is even more complicated and confusing?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm excited about all of the changes, and looking forward to seeing how it all plays! The stat system badly needed a shake-up like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Moradim View Post
    i'll give you one example why versatility will be broken...DK tanks.

more damage done = bigger death strikes = bigger shields. at the same time, you take less damage. so you are essentially "double dipping" on a stat.

more damage for a prot paladin is essentially useless, as far as survivability goes. only the less damage taken benefit helps them.

so how do you balance a stat like this which is really good for some people, but not as good for others?
    Prot Paladin will get increased self heals... and doesn't look like healing "extra" effects (like from DS) will be increased the same way.

Or did they remove heal spells from prot paladins in WoD alpha?

Bye Bye Seraphim, you won't be missed.

I like Versatility.

Ideally it should be balanced so it's not the optimal stat for anyone progression wise.
    It could however be the best when doing other things such as soloing or actually playing as a true hybrid. Healing and dps'ing as a Moonkin for example (for fun, not optimal progression).
    It could become very powerful in PvP yes, but now that PvP gear will be the best for PvP again people should choose PvP gear for PvP.
    It will be very easy to limit this stat on PvP gear as there aren't that many different pieces to choose from.

15+ Year Old Account
    And what does the Cleave stat do? It only tells about it's usefulness, but not what it does exactly and for how much damage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    And what does the Cleave stat do? It only tells about it's usefulness, but not what it does exactly and for how much damage.

Proposed Minor Stat: Cleave, We’ve shelved it for now, though we have some ideas about how it might show up occasionally in specific cases.

Deleted
    I feel dumber for having read that -_-

Quote Originally Posted by Bæmøsauku View Post
    I like Versatility.

Ideally it should be balanced so it's not the optimal stat for anyone progression wise.
    Alot of people seem to be worried about this, despite Blizzard saying right in the announcement: "We won’t be tuning it to be anyone’s highest throughput secondary stat"

Fuck yeah I'm gonna love versatility. Extra damage, Heal AND Damage reduction is gonna be awesome. Hope blizz finally creates a prober system mechanic in regards to damage and spell damage reduction.

Oh the irony, Amplify gone, because it doesnt change your playstyle, welcome the new overlord Versatility, stat that doesnt change your playstyle.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can see multistrike causing old achievement related problems....

"Get boss to 5% and slowly dps boss for the add to spawn then get the achievement"

"Erm dude my multistrike just killed it,gotta wait another week now...."

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne25uk View Post
    I can see multistrike causing old achievement related problems....

"Get boss to 5% and slowly dps boss for the add to spawn then get the achievement"

"Erm dude my multistrike just killed it,gotta wait another week now...."
    Um, how would that be any different than the 'unlucky crit'?

10+ Year Old Account
    Because you can stop your dps by turning attack off,you cant stop an extra swing after you have cancelled your attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne25uk View Post
    Because you can stop your dps by turning attack off,you cant stop an extra swing after you have cancelled your attack.
    ./stopattack