Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    I think it looks trashy. It's degrading as all hell.
    Swing is trashy?
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    And lets not start on whats in and around the folds around the balsack and penis.

Fun fact: Did you know that the belly button is like the Amazon rainforest for bacteria?
    I did know, good thing our body is made to deal with this.

Also male version of twerking (if somebody knows this anime please tell me..I can't find the name):

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Swing is trashy?
    How anyone can think this is trashy is beyond me:

Swing is trashy?
    No, " twerking " is what i was talking about.

Something about teaching a toddler to shake her ass, and grind the ground. Seems self explanatory.
    She isn't grinding someone one, or other wise being obscene in my mind. Shit, man, it's just a kid shaking her but! I seriously doubt that if she is still in diapers she understands or even cares about some of the perceived sexual connections associated with it.

So I repeat what Nixx, says, just a bit differently...Who gives a shit?

(and don't say you don't because you are intent on pointing out how impure it is as well as advocating the parents be slapped for letting the kid do it.)
    Get a grip man! It's CHEESE!

Quote Originally Posted by poser765 View Post
    She isn't grinding someone one, or other wise being obscene in my mind. Shit, man, it's just a kid shaking her but! I seriously doubt that if she is still in diapers she understands or even cares about some of the perceived sexual connections associated with it.

So I repeat what Nixx, says, just a bit differently...Who gives a shit?

(and don't say you don't because you are intent on pointing out how impure it is as well as advocating the parents be slapped for letting the kid do it.)
    I think teaching a toddler to grind objects, the ground, and shaking her ass like a stripper is sad. As far as adults, they can do whatever the hell they want, but i can think the look like fools while doing such acts.

I think teaching a toddler to grind objects, the ground, and shaking her ass like a stripper is sad. As far as adults, they can do whatever the hell they want, but i can think the look like fools while doing such acts.
    On the spectrum of horrible things that parents can do to kids that is so far down my list it's practically below my notice.

Quote Originally Posted by poser765 View Post
    On the spectrum of horrible things that parents can do to kids that is so far down my list it's practically below my notice.
    Oh i agree, it's more of a " really? ". The smack would be more to smack some common sense back into the mother.

Swing is trashy?
    Swing used to be seen as trashy when it first came out, it was the "twerking" of its day. Not that I am trying to say that twerking is is not trashy....it is trashy

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebildays View Post
    Swing used to be seen as trashy when it first came out, it was the "twerking" of its day. Not that I am trying to say that twerking is is not trashy....it is trashy
    Expressing yourself was viewed as trashy, not swing persé. I'm willing to bet my entire savings account that in 50 years twerking will still be viewed as dance only clubsluts do...those and people joking around.

Intellectually I know that. I also know my 85 year old grandmother STILL goes to swing competitions. Equating it to twerking just made me realize my grandmother in her day was the equivalent of all the 15 year old white girls twerking in youtube videos.

Equal parts "ugh" and "damn, go girl!"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    Expressing yourself was viewed as trashy, not swing persé. I'm willing to bet my entire savings account that in 50 years twerking will still be viewed as dance only clubsluts do...those and people joking around.
    Twerking will be viewed in the same light as the Safety Dance...IE not viewed by anyone at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    How anyone can think this is trashy is beyond me:
    Yeah, it's awesome, though what you're showing there is fast paced Lindy and Charleston, which is kind of jittery by nature. There's a lot of swing that's a lot slower, more sultry, or just smooth as ice. So many awesome swing styles, and there's something about the rhythm of it that just makes me want to move. Something I don't get nearly as much from Salsa, which is unfortunately the more popular, or club music, which actually just makes me want to go home.

- - - Updated - - -

All that fun they're having! It's shameful!

I guess swing does tend to make skirts swish about.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Well i am pretty sure, if she does find out what it is her and her friends will be making a youtube vid the day after and posting it on there and facebook.

Men have access to sex as eaily as women unless you meant free access. Slut-shaming has nothing to do with imbalances in the "meat" market and more to do how women's sexuality has been viewed for centuries. While sex prowess in men is something that is desired, for women it was sexual chastity that is seen as most desired. Women are seen as sluts/whores or told to "keep ther legs" closed were as man doing the same thing will just be seen as "a man being a man".

The issue of slut shaming is dire and not just for women but men as well. If women were not afraid to been seen as sluts/whores they would offer more sexual access to themselves. So if you want to improve men's access to sex you are going to have to change how women that have(enjoy) a lot of sex or purse men are viewed/ treated.
    Part of the reason chastity was desirable in females, but less so in males, also comes back down to the imbalance.

Anyway, I'm not necessarily trying to rectify the situation. Just pointing out that you can't point at a "slut" and a "stud" and then declare a double-standard based on just that. They're different situations that were led to by different circumstances. What's going to be harder to address here than anything would be the gender's own reaction. Men aren't going to suddenly start shaming male sluts. I don't see women suddenly celebrating female sluts either.

I made the point of how it isn't much of a dire issue because slut-shaming only exists as a consequence of the average female's ease of access to sex. Don't be public about your sex life, and continue reaping the benefits of easy sex. It's not hard, and all things considered, women overall still have the long end of the stick here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    In fact, I quite like it and I would consider it an abuse to inflict my child with a foreskin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    You don't appear to understand how it works...they don't stick it on when the baby is born.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    Show her. Me and my mates like to do it for shit and giggles, boys can twerk to! If anything boys should do it more often, that way it will be gone much faster
    Well i'm sorry but..

GGGGGGGGGGGGGGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYY
    \m/(-_-)\m/

I'm alone again and old pine tree
    Asked me, where's your woman?
    I said: Shut up or I make of you another Firewood

i really fucking hate what the world is becoming, where stupid fucks think it's ok for a fucking toddler to twerk. goddamn idiotic.

this is why i want the world to end. people today are just pathetic. faith in humanity -9001
    Last edited by derpkitteh; 2014-06-05 at 01:04 AM.

The great irony is that all this hullabaloo about twerking caused by prudes has massively popularised the concept to the point that even children know what it is.

Okay I'll be honest, I just wanted to use the word hullabaloo in a sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Its disgusting. Im guessing you do know what comes out of that hole. Lots of nasty germs and bacteria in there as well
    Well, more for me then
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    I laughed when Dear Abby (advice columnist) addressed that not long ago. (Got trolled? lol)

How worried should you be... Eh, prob not much; Someday Miley Cyrus will just be that old lady who's kinda lame, once when through a stupid, embarrassing phase, and no one wants to be like her.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Take a deep breath...

And accept twerking into your life.

No, but really, you find it wrong for people to think that this is acceptable and(or) funny, but you don't find your own comment about wanting to end the lives of every innocent child on this planet to be wrong?

Weird.
    The path to enlightenment involves the 3 noble truths.

Truth 1: Slow Down

Truth 2: Grab the wall

Truth 3: Wiggle like you're trying to make your ass fall off.