Antec Three Hundred Questions

Hey guys!

I previously came here to ask would an AMD R9 290 fit in an Antec Three Hundred case. It just about fit and thankfully it doesn't overheat or anything like that (it actually runs very, very cool).

New questions regarding the case!

I'm thinking about buying this combination tomorrow. AMD FX8350 and Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2.0.

I'm wondering would all of that including my AMD R9 290 fit into my Antec Three Hundred case? It definitely has more USB ports on the back that's for sure hence why I ask.
    - I participated in the Legendary 22/02/11 EU internet Crash thread, also known as "The day EU trolled Blizzard" -

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yea it'll fit. The only thing you need to be concerned about with motherboards is the difference between like MicroATX and Standard ATX. A smaller case may only support MicroATX or something similar. That case supports Standard ATX, which is what that motherboard in the link is. May I ask what you plan on doing with this computer though? Not trying to be biased, but that's an 8 core processor and for gaming purposes, they don't use more than 4 cores typically (WoW uses 2), and core for core a nearly equally priced 4670k would outperform it by a large amount. It would only beat an i5 processor typically in situations that can utilize all 8 cores

Quote Originally Posted by Arbiter View Post
    Yea it'll fit. The only thing you need to be concerned about with motherboards is the difference between like MicroATX and Standard ATX. A smaller case may only support MicroATX or something similar. That case supports Standard ATX, which is what that motherboard in the link is. May I ask what you plan on doing with this computer though? Not trying to be biased, but that's an 8 core processor and for gaming purposes, they don't use more than 4 cores typically (WoW uses 2), and core for core a nearly equally priced 4670k would outperform it by a large amount. It would only beat an i5 processor typically in situations that can utilize all 8 cores
    Thanks! That's great to know! So I shouldn't be worried that the excessive amount of USB ports at the back will get in the way?

I don't plan on just using it for gaming (although I should hope that it is still a big increase over my AMD Phenon IIx4), I also hope to make use of it when rendering videos (which I do a lot of) while also using Photoshop at the same time. At the moment, rendering videos usually causes my system to slow down an awful lot.
    - I participated in the Legendary 22/02/11 EU internet Crash thread, also known as "The day EU trolled Blizzard" -

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would think a 4770k would do better for all of that. Even video rendering if you could justify the extra $100 euros. If not then yea the 8350 would probably be better for you for video rending over an i5.

And no don't be worried about it. It'll all fit inside the backplate space the case has for it.