Moonkin in Challenge Modes: gem for pure crit?

Hi there

Next week I'm planning on doing a few Challenge Mode runs on my Balance Druid and I have a question regarding the stats I should gem for. I've searched a bit on the internet and general concensus is to gem for crit. However, it's not clear to me whether I should go for full crit or just use the intellect + crit gems.

I'm used to playing on my Shaman and Warlock, so I'm not expecting any miracles from my Boomkin in terms of DPS, but I really want to be as good as possible!

Cheers

Join FDWH Gold Challenge Mode on OpenRaid and get your awesome transmogrification set. These events are for everyone, ranging from hardcore veterans to skilled casual players. No experience is required, only knowledge of tactics. Make sure to put MMO-Champion in your note!

Don't take my word for it, but for CMs i believe you're much better off gemming intellect, as crit levels will be rather low regardless of what you do. Of course, you still want to prioritize crit on your gear.

As a boomkin in challenge mode I would go Int > Haste > Crit > Mastery.

With the right gear you are able to hit the 5k haste breakpoint. I had to use a fair number of haste gems to get there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zdrasti View Post
    When a homeless person is rambling in the streets, it's better to ignore them than argue with them. On the internets it's clearly better to spend an entire week proving them wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Auloria View Post
    With the right gear you are able to hit the 5k haste breakpoint. I had to use a fair number of haste gems to get there.
    So it's not bad to choose pure haste over intellect + haste?

Join FDWH Gold Challenge Mode on OpenRaid and get your awesome transmogrification set. These events are for everyone, ranging from hardcore veterans to skilled casual players. No experience is required, only knowledge of tactics. Make sure to put MMO-Champion in your note!

Quote Originally Posted by Auloria View Post
    Being able to hit the haste breakpoint isn't an issue, the question is do you want to hit the 5k haste breakpoint or is it better to max int instead?

Deleted
    As a boomkin in CM I would go Resto. Nuff said really

Deleted

Looking for a haste breakpoint is useless if you're only looking for gold - and let be honest, aiming at anything else as a MK is not relevant in challenge mode. Haste is a good single target stat, but you will end wasting a ton of spellpower and most of the mobs wont even last for the full duration of your dots.

Pure int>crit is the way to go. Or resto

10+ Year Old Account
    Resto or guardian for boosting, for 5man gold times, add feral, pretty much under no circumstance go boomkin (inb4 ..but but the gss record time was set by a boomkin ..|..)

Much like proving grounds, CM are not a fun place to be a chicken.
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xtramuscle View Post
    Resto or guardian for boosting, for 5man gold times, add feral, pretty much under no circumstance go boomkin (inb4 ..but but the gss record time was set by a boomkin ..|..)

Much like proving grounds, CM are not a fun place to be a chicken.
    Pretty much this. Moonkins in low gear levels aren't very powerful or fun to play since we are so gear dependent.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dunno, what does Resto gem? Gem for that. And spec for it too.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.