Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

No beta club (I mean in 9 years)

Yeah im waiting for another no beta invitation for me this year.

playing since 2005 and never, ever have got a beta key :-/

tell me im not alone

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pozi View Post
    Yeah im waiting for another no beta invitation for me this year.

playing since 2005 and never, ever have got a beta key :-/

tell me im not alone
    You didn't get in to Mists of Pandaria? All you had to do was keep an active subscription :/

You must just be the most casual player NA. Because anyone who tried to get one, got one in MOP

I've never gotten into a WoW beta. Got into diablo 3 and hearthstone though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyalo View Post
    You didn't get in to Mists of Pandaria? All you had to do was keep an active subscription :/

i've always been subbed to WoW, don't remember getting invite to MoP beta, though i was doing my best to ignore beta stuff, so maybe i successfully ignored it.

but the only blizzard beta i have been in is hearthstone, and thats because they inivted everyone :P

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm sorry to hear that, OP. I was in the F&F alpha for Lich King, but only because at the time my brother knew a Blizzard employee (an ex-guildie of ours). That's just happenstance. Since then I have been very casual, so haven't even tried to participate in either alpha or beta testing of expansions.

Maybe you could hold your breath for the beta. It's still a wee bit away and they are very likely to have mass invites just to push the servers in preparation for release day. There is always an influx of player demographics in the first week of release of an expansion, so I can see them doing at least a handful of stress test weekends with invites being thrown out willy-nilly.
    For the Alliance!

its alpha, pretty sure they're doing moreso known streamers + f/f + press type people arent they?

I got one of the first invites for Cata beta, Diablo 3 mid-late beta, Hearthstone first EU wave beta though I didn't get MoP (It required that Annual Pass but it didn't work for my country unfortunately)

Hoping for WoD as well perhaps...

Also too soon for invites now, it's only press/family and friends at the moment.

Deleted
    as much as i would like to get into a beta/alpha, i also wouldn't want to play it. im not great at finding bugs, i'd rather play the finished and less buggy game.
    mostly because of cata, i watched so many beta videos of everything, every dungeon, every zone, everything, by the time the game released none of it was new to me, i had seen every dungeon boss, so i don't want that to happen again.

10+ Year Old Account
    I got into Cata beta middle, very first round of invite for MoP. Truthfully, don't feel bad if you miss the first few rounds. The game is barely playable.

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    as much as i would like to get into a beta/alpha, i also wouldn't want to play it. im not great at finding bugs, i'd rather play the finished and less buggy game.
    mostly because of cata, i watched so many beta videos of everything, every dungeon, every zone, everything, by the time the game released none of it was new to me, i had seen every dungeon boss, so i don't want that to happen again.
    To not get bored for example of Cata, I did some testing but very little from what I would play on live not to hurt my enjoyment of the expansion.
    Since I play Horde only, I instead tested Worgen starting zone + continued leveling it more since the world was revamped and somebody had to test that stuff too :P

So for WoD for example, could test the Alliance part or something.

Never got into a WoW Beta (not counting MoP, since the only way you didn't get into that one was simply not trying.) however I've been in D3, Hearthstone etc
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Have you seen my posts over the past few days? You should be asking yourself why I'm alive, not why I don't have friends.
    Change is inevitable, Growth is optional.

7+ Year Old Account
    I never got into an MoP beta and I was subbed and participated in contests. I'll still participate in contests for WoD beta keys.

P.S. been playing for 7 years and 10 months and I've never been invited to a beta.
    Lock rocks, made to order.

Deleted
    Can I just point out that there's no point in whining about not being invited to the Friends and Family Alfa if you're not a FRIEND OR FAMILY MEMBER OF A BLIZZARD EMPLOYEE. So unless you know someone who really works in their places, don't whinge about not getting it yet, you'll get one when Blizz are good and ready to take it out of F&F Only which its in at the moment.

Deleted
    The reason to be in a Beta is so that you can test and give feedback, do people not realize that MoPs Beta invitations were stupid, wrong and Blizzard aren't taking that route again? It was simply a marketing tool so they could keep customers entertained.

Seriously, 75% of my Guild (that's like... 80 people) and practically ALL of my Real ID List (200?) got into MoP Beta and the only useful thing to come out of it was "Oh we can test raids now" which never happened because my guild were too lazy. I suspect it's the same for a lot of people, you're not interested in being in the Beta to benefit the game. You just want to play as soon as possible and that is not at all the point of the beta.

No BETA club since the game came out. Tried a few give aways and never got a key.

Got into SC wings and Hearthstone betas though

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Look on the bright side. Who wants to play an unfinished, buggy version with servers shutting down constantly and spoil the experience? Unless you are a really serious tester who actually wants nothing more than help create a bug free game on release.

I had beta invites for the last few x-pacs but never really bothered....
    Exactly, its not like its anything like a finished product so 99% of the people here would get into it, have the game crash and them come here going AMFHG WURST 'SPANSHUN EVHA!

Deleted
    stop playing and you will get one most likely
    I get all SC beta HS beta and even diablo RoS on inactive from near year account but in wow except Pandaria nothing

I never got a beta invite either for any expansion. I've been and on/off player since 05 as well, so you aren't the only one.

I did manage to get a Heroes beta invite in March though, so I've been playing that for the time being.

Deleted
    Welcome to the club.. I have played since Vanilla with 24/7 365 active subscription(minus 4 months), spent shit tons of money in character transfers etc etc stupid and all I have ever got was this Battle.net desktop application beta invite..