Resto Shaman vs Heroic Garrosh 25

Good evening fellow Shamans !!

My guild started Heroi Garrosh a 2 days ago, and I know the RECOUNT isnt important as keep people alive, but after check it I saw myself #3....losing to the Disc Priest and Holy Pally by a far amount.

I`m using my 3min CD wiselly, and doing all the basic stuffs....but I would like to know from a more experienced Shaman if theres anything I can do to improve my healing on this fight !!!

Thanks.

Without logs, it's hard to give more than general advice.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/1a2ec...pes&boss=71865

It says Garrosh 25N because we are not premium at worldoflogs.

My char is the shaman called Pandaids.

Deleted
    Both the Priest and Paladin have >50% of their healing consist of absorbs. Divine Aegis, Spirit Shell, Illuminated Healing. This means they absorb the damage when it comes in, leaving nothing for you to heal.

Your pulls are very short, only once surpassing the 3 minute mark. I wouldn't worry about it. Once you get into intermissions with Annihilate smashes you will start to heal more. Do you feel like there's a steady lack of heals going out all around? I don't know what your strat is, but people might be taking unnecessary damage? Someone who actually raids 25m might have some more input, as I've only done it once or twice (and only on normal).

Deleted
    Garrosh 25hc is all about managing the Whirling Corruption properly. What we do is have 3 CD "sets":

1. AMZ, Barrier, first eleshaman CDs, Tranq
    2. holy priest Hymn, Devo, SLT, Smoke Bomb
    3. Smoke Bomb (2nd rogue), 2nd ele shaman CDs, Warr CDs, HTT

Rotating those sets throughout the fight where they are needed is what works for us.

We've killed it twice, our first kill we 3tanked (2 prot warrs + 1 BrM monk for adds) and 3Healed - Me (rshaman), Disc priest, Holy priest.
    Second kill we had just 1 prot warrior and the BrM monk. Used 4 healers, but we could easily have gone with 3.

Garrosh is a fight where absorb healers will dominate, because the amount of raid damage comes in bursts, meaning they have the needed idle time to build up massive shields on everyone in preparation for those bursts.

link to our kill vid (ele sham PoV: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Di4LrEjhSxQ)
    link to logs for that kill: http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...false%24144989

You can see the whirling corruptions(6) represented by the bars in the graph, for each of those bars we use a CD set. When not doing some spot healing or healing during whirlings, I usually do as much dps as I can (which isn't much, but better than nothing). On garrosh I found myself dpsing about 50% of the time even while 3healing.

Deleted
    I wouldn't worry too much about it. My guild is also progressing on Garrosh 25 hc and I don't think I've ever been over the disc in P1. But in P2 and P3 I'm pretty much always just below the disc and sometimes even over him on the meter. It all depends on how much you get to heal with your cds since the raw healing isn't going to be that high.

Garrosh isnt a healing intensive fight...

you wont die because of lack of healing...

And dude... run... fucking run from this guild...you are wasting your time.

Deleted
    Also. Switch to Warcraftlogs.com. WoL can't differentiate between normal and heroic for the final 3 bosses in SoO. Add to that WCL has better UI.

Other than that, just define 3 sets of cds and figure out when its best to use them. Dont just spam HR and HST on cd. Put them down just before raid damage happens. In between using cds, dps as much as you can.

Edit: Looking at the logs, seems you need to work out exactly how to manage the first part of the fight (P1 ironstars, ToJS transition adds).

We get 2 ironstars and have 3 rogues stay where the engineer spawns. (if not 3 rogues, can use ranged dps). For the transition we setup our raid groups so each group handles a group of adds. So don't put all your healers in the same group. Make each group have 3 aoe interrupts (blinding light - glyphed, disrupting shout, binding arrow, capacitor totem, shadowfury, shockwave etc) and if you're not managing to get the adds down by the time 3rd stun runs out, you need to assign each person in the group to take care of a specific add.

for example. I'm usually in group 2. This means my group handles the addgroup on the upper right side when entering the ToJS. Group2 consists of me (rshaman), a DK dps, Ret pala, Warlock, Rogue. Our groups interrupt rotations is: Pala -> Warlock -> Shaman. 99% of the time the adds are dead before we need single target interrupts, but we're still assigned individual interrupts just in case:

Add closest to garrosh, is the ret paladins responsibility (he has 2 single target - rebuke and HoJ (after DR runs out).
    Add closest to the wall, is the DKs responsibility (also 2 single target interrupts)
    Add in the middle we have a singletarget rotation: Me, rogue, warlock.
    Last edited by mmocf2b2f177b5; 2014-06-05 at 12:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elios View Post
    Garrosh isnt a healing intensive fight...

you wont die because of lack of healing...
    To be correct, Garrosh is a healing intensive fight. But not because of constant damage (besides the annihilate) but there are extreme damage spikes. It's all about using your damage "reduction CDs" (the +10% hp from our healing is also something like a damage "reduction" spell) and topping the raid until the next damage spike occurs. That's all for it.