Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasir View Post
    That's what happens with pug groups in general, not just CMs. Heck, I've seen people voted out of LFR for being in pvp gear.
    No one has ever been voted out of LFR for being in PvP gear.

Plenty of people have been voted out of LFR for being poor tanks who were also wearing PvP gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DreadNeos View Post
    So, what do I need to do? Lol
    idk, tank? i did mine in my dps gear as a tank

most of the people still doing challenge modes now are boosters or window lickers that won't even take a melee class because they're dumb enough to believe that having none increases their chances of success

if you ask me the only real downside to full pvp gear is that your trinkets aren't very good

Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    And obviously overall a lot less sockets which people happen to find important for challenge modes. Obviously I am not claiming challenge modes aren't easily possible without but I can definitely see why especially a random group might not like that.
    if you ask me... if you're asking for more than common sense and a clear level of dedication to a specific character you should be running for realm best times instead of wasting your time putting shit groups together

not attacking you personally as i know that is not your opinion, but i think it's really pathetic how far some of the people take their specifications for something that is so ridiculously easy. for 2 weeks i would watch openraid's chat for like 16 hours a day and I would try to join every group i possibly could as a melee DPS and so many people told me that they would not be willing to take a melee player. it pissed me off so bad

then i decided to tank them and got the last 3 i needed done in less than 2 hours

stupid as hell. it is so sad how this game has so many garbage players that think they are actually any good at the game. pissed me off even more that the group i was tanking for had a fury warrior of all things and it was easily the best group i'd ever ran with.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are people 2-manning and 3-manning Challenge Modes. PvP gear is more than enough. Anyone who knows what they're doing can easily do Challenge Modes.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    not attacking you personally as i know that is not your opinion, but i think it's really pathetic how far some of the people take their specifications for something that is so ridiculously easy. for 2 weeks i would watch openraid's chat for like 16 hours a day and I would try to join every group i possibly could as a melee DPS and so many people told me that they would not be willing to take a melee player. it pissed me off so bad
    Certainly understand that. The sad problem is though that it actually isn't that easy for a random group. It's really hard to decide what's not crap coming from trade and the decent players certainly have to feel the consequences.
    Aside from quite a couple sellruns I also actually did a few pug cms and what you find there is not always pretty. Had one group with a warlock and an ele shaman - the latter was hardly breaking 40k on trash and the warlock was pretty much constantly sitting on around 35k. Honestly I didn't even want to find out how it's possible to deal that shitty damage as an ele. Both actually had 9/9 clear achievements and multiple clears according to them and decent cm gear.
    No carry tank but a suitable one, only a holy paladin and the last dps was a cat who funnily enough was the strongest dps there.
    Still managed a couple of the easier ones but I guess I don't have to explain how willing I was going for the full 9/9 when jade temple was done with one second left despite not actually wiping.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitheqt View Post
    There are people 2-manning and 3-manning Challenge Modes. PvP gear is more than enough.
    yes there are but still they are usually not hansfranz jenkins from the mighty dark crusader of the uber alliance and catsuper the patient from the guardians of the dark reckoning you just picked up from trade. I don't think anyone reasonably experienced with cms would claim that it actually doesn't work at all.