Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Velky View Post
    Justin Bourque has been convicted of 3 counts of first degree murder and 2 counts of attempted murder.
    No, he has been charged with that. He hasn't been convicted, or even entered a plea yet.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    No, he has been charged with that. He hasn't been convicted, or even entered a plea yet.
    Oh sorry, not fluent on criminal lingo.

Deleted
    Justin Bourque has been convicted of 3 counts of first degree murder and 2 counts of attempted murder.
    Whoa, Canada sure has an efficient legal system. (joke - calm down )

And for those accusing Canada of having a soft justice system I highly doubt the crown will have any trouble having him slapped with "dangerous offender" status. Which indefinitely suspends his parole eligibility. I.e. a life sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    And for those accusing Canada of having a soft justice system I highly doubt the crown will have any trouble having him slapped with "dangerous offender" status. Which indefinitely suspends his parole eligibility. I.e. a life sentence.
    A report I read earlier stated that neither the crown or defence requested a psychiatric assessment.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kookies View Post
    Whoa, Canada sure has an efficient legal system. (joke - calm down )
    I should of paid more attention to my grade 12 law course.

10+ Year Old Account
    A report I read earlier stated that neither the crown or defence requested a psychiatric assessment.
    That just means they're not going to do an assessment to determine if he's competent to stand trial. Unless the judge orders one anyway.
    Last edited by Masark; 2014-06-07 at 01:20 AM.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

- - - Updated - - -

I should of paid more attention to my grade 12 law course.
    As somebody mentioned before, or maybe it was on tall radio, the manner in which the crime was carried out was highly methodical which is not indicative of a psychotic break. The MO suggests domestic terror. I'm willing to bet they'll find a manifesto in their investigation... he probably initially intended to die but then chickened out.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Caught already? Was hoping for more Rambo hype.
    Haha, same here. Ideally without anymore deaths (besides the shooter) but I was hoping for a bit more of a showdown. Been living here in Moncton for about 2 years and being born and raised in Texas, I idiotically miss this kind of excitement sometimes.
    Last edited by Barkhouse; 2014-06-07 at 01:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Barkhouse View Post
    Haha, same here. Ideally without anymore deaths (besides the shooter) but I was hoping for a bit more of a showdown. Been living here in Moncton for about 2 years and being born and raised in Texas, I idiotically miss the kind of excitement sometimes.
    Seriously?

I'm in Riverview and am tempted to come smack you.

Deleted
    Watch out Velky, he's from Texas, thanks to the stand your ground laws you might end up being the 4th Moncton shooting casualty. =O

Quote Originally Posted by Kookies View Post
    Watch out Velky, he's from Texas, thanks to the stand your ground laws you might end up being the 4th Moncton shooting casualty. =O
    I hope he didn't bring his guns over with him.

Seriously?

I'm in Riverview and am tempted to come smack you.
    I don't see why, other than I guess you're not a fan of a little drama.