Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    the over importance of the Defense of America and its values.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by akamurdoch View Post
    the over importance of the Defense of America and its values.
    You're silly if you don't think that EVERY country holds the same ideals as the US in that regard.
    If you can't make fun of something, its probably not worth taking seriously.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lavafoxx View Post
    You're silly if you don't think that EVERY country holds the same ideals as the US in that regard.
    not too the limit the US does, check % of budget spends.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    No one seems to think the rapid descent into a surveillance society is important. I guess stuff like net neutrality and the whole NSA scandal really didn't bother anyone that much. It might not be the absolute number one but that no one mentioned it so far.. hmm.
    Something interesting I saw about the NSA scandal the other day, apparently none of the articles Snowden linked have shown any proof that a US citizen was in any way effected by the surveillance. That is to say that no US citizen has been arrested or blackmailed due to the surveillance.

- - - Updated - - -

The US doesn't like being caught unaware...
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

15+ Year Old Account
    To be honest, limits are irrelevant. Had all the other countries the same funding you bet yer boots they'd have the exact same expenditures on defense. (to be honest, a large majority of military spending isn't on defense, its offense.)

Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    Something interesting I saw about the NSA scandal the other day, apparently none of the articles Snowden linked have shown any proof that a US citizen was in any way effected by the surveillance. That is to say that no US citizen has been arrested or blackmailed due to the surveillance.

The US doesn't like being caught unaware...
    It always stats slow. The whole shadow courts thing is also kinda scary, though that might only be me. But to put into a wider perspective, the fact that sociological development is outpaced by technological development by a significant amount, does not seem to bother anyone.

Deleted
    The main problem of your country is, that you arent a democracy anymore, but a oligarchy, which is full of hypocrisy.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    The main problem of your country is, that you arent a democracy anymore, but a oligarchy, which is full of hypocrisy.
    The US was never a democracy, it was a Constitutional Republic.

Deleted
    Great reason that a rich elite rules your country nowadays, really.

Oh well, so much about hypocrisy.

But thanks for the example.

Other examples:

1) Crying about massacres while being in the NRA
    2) Acting as if wars for oil are enduring freedom
    3) talking about war on terrorism while reducing fundamental rights
    4) talking about national security while installing a surveillance society
    5) asking other countries to ensure fundamental rights while running guantanamo bay
    6) being very upset if putin annects crimeria while a war in irak is legit and really good for everyone

Oh, and btw., the US of A is not even a republic anymore, as a republic legitimates power from its people, which is not true to your home country anymore as well.

Or did anyone of your people legitimate the chairman of General Motors to have a strong influence onto politics? Or did your people legitimate google to collect all your data and know anything about you? And who legitimated the NSA to collect your telephone call data?

Welcome to the HOA! The Hypocrite Oligarchy of America.
    Last edited by mmoc903ad35b4b; 2014-06-07 at 11:08 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    Scheduled to be replaced in 2016 by the Statue of Liberty holding a baseball bat, with a plaque reading "YOU WANT A PIECE OF ME?"
    Hehe, That quote is what I think about immigration when I first think about it. I makes me very proud..then very sad.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

There are a lot of issue to discuss in the American Society. But most common is the employment and economic issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    That the average Joe is ignorant of important problems does not mean the problems aren't important. It just means average Joe has no idea.

Then again, you always do this. You link an opinion poll and assume it demonstrates anything but the ignorance of the people polled.
    and you always want to call some one ignorant when their opinion is different from yours

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilist74 View Post
    Most redneck Americans don't integrate to anything either. The same redneck white trash Americans also abuse the welfare system. A lot of christian right wing idiots don't integrate themselves into education especially when it comes to evolution and climate science. A lot of white right wingers don't integrated themselves to the logic that birth control is a good thing and should be available to everyone in society. The same redneck white trash american hillbillies are the same ones that marry girls when they are 14 or even younger but they are against sex education in schools and birth control.

These are Americans. How could immigrants be any worse for America than these people are. The same kind of people who think its just for a very few people to horde all the capital, and possessions from everyone else. How could immigrants make things any worse than that? The same goes with civil rights. Usually the people who abuse peoples civil rights would abuse anyone's civil rights that they had the power to do so. Have you ever met a bigot that wasn't an all around asshole anyways?
    Not I.

You do know it's called evolution theory right? It ain't set in stone proof it is truth . If you teach a theory like that you should at least teach other things that try to explain creation as well. Just a thought . Climate chance has 2 stories as well so both should be teached. I'm not choosing a side which of the 2 is right, but just because 1 gets heavily funded by governments and big companies and the other is less funded does seem a bit odd . But hey we allready tax water and earth and fire so why not tax Air as well .

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Unomojo View Post
    You do know it's called evolution theory right? It ain't set in stone proof it is truth . If you teach a theory like that you should at least teach other things that try to explain creation as well. Just a thought
    Most people would agree with teaching alternative scientific explanations, however what people don't agree with is teaching religious opinion as being scientific.

Quote Originally Posted by Unomojo View Post
    You do know it's called evolution theory right? It ain't set in stone proof it is truth
    You can't be serious. Its been explained so many times that Theory is a scientific term used to mean 'explaination of facts'. You can't possibly not know that, so either:

1/ You're being ignorant on purpose for the sake of riling people up.
    2/ You don't believe it, in which case I'd like to see your evidence.

And the biggest issue America has? Education. Same as in the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by Dsonsion View Post
    The most difficult issue with immigration is the way you people have demonized it.
    The most difficult issue with discussion immigration is the demonisation of anyone who isn't in favor of an open door policy.

10+ Year Old Account
    in regards to civil rights and immigration? gay marriage would be a big one. for immigration id say that it is hard on people who want to move here and lax on people who move here illegally, even if it is for a good reason or refuge there are proper ways of going about it.

- - - Updated - - -

for the record, not every American has a stick up their ass about immigrants. Some are smart enough to realize and remember this country is founded by immigrants.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

Deleted
    The money > everything mentality.

"Why should I care that other people don't get healthcare?"
    "Why should I pay taxes? It doesn't benifit me directly!"
    "Its not my problem that some parents can't afford decend education for their children!"

Its sickening and absurd. Not that I believe that every American is like this, but above opinions frequently expressed on this forum often come from some of our friends from across the pond.
    Last edited by mmoc013aca8632; 2014-06-07 at 01:54 PM.

Learning how to talk to each other.

Deleted
    Here comes the main problem of your country:

http://www.zeit.de/politik/ausland/2...archie-kapital

A study from princeton university:

http://www.princeton.edu/~mgilens/Gi...s%203-7-14.pdf

A discussion about it:

http://www.nytimes.com/roomfordebate...=&rref=opinion

Welcome to the Hypocrite Oligarchy of America!