Page 33 of 54 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Basmothh View Post
    Is it really worth using AA on CD in P2 though? You lose the ability to precast AA/DS to build DA for Whirl 1 and 3. Casting AA/DS with 9-10s before a Whirl allows you to get your full AA/SS off, while also allowing you to cast another AA/DS 2-3s before Whirl ends. I can't imagine that the additional healing from using AA on CD is going to surpass that of an AA/DS, especially if you consider that there isn't much damage without Empowered Gripping Despair (using AA is also technically a small DPS loss considering you lose 5x Evan stacks).

I guess my point is that while the current incarnation of DS encourages us to use AA on CD for most fights, there are fights with timers that don't line up in 30s intervals (Whirling Corruption) or where you have to use Halo (Malk, Sha if your raid doesn't stack QQ) that can favour staggering the use of AA.
    Not sure if you went through my post at all, but I have an empowered divine star for every single whirl (first one I fire a star ~6-7 seconds before whirl because of AA running out, 2+3 AA lasts throughout the whirl). Holding divine star in P2 is worth it when there's zero damage going out on the raid that I can shield against (it's counter-productive to use it before MCs as it adds absorbs to them that we have to dps through to break), in favor of AA+atonement to singletarget heal the tank (who takes a serious beating when he gets up towards 7-8 stacks).

Quote Originally Posted by pulchritudinous View Post
    But that is the complete opposite of what they want to do for wod.

Yes, thank you, I'm not stupid.
    I think they should revert it because I don't think PoM will be worth it in it's current form on the beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Exploitbat View Post
    I think they should revert it because I don't think PoM will be worth it in it's current form on the beta.
    Atm it's really not worth casting other than proactively. Use it during periods of downtime, get 3+ rolling around by the time damage happens. It's an interesting change, but I really don't like how little healing it does.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Exploitbat View Post
    PoM does feel pretty weak. 10 second CD with 1.5 second cast. Heals for less then renew. Kinda disappointing. I'm so used to casting in on CD and as I was healing as Holy, each cast made me feel less and less like I want to use the spell.

Kind of find myself wondering if they should change the Glyph of POM to make the spell instant, but with one less charge, instead of increasing it's healing by 60% on the first charge.

Quote Originally Posted by davesignal View Post
    Kind of find myself wondering if they should change the Glyph of POM to make the spell instant, but with one less charge, instead of increasing it's healing by 60% on the first charge.
    That would gimp pvpers a lot.

More than Prayer of Mending having a cast time would?

Quote Originally Posted by davesignal View Post
    More than Prayer of Mending having a cast time would?
    True. :P

We have no idea how pvp is at WoD though, so... /shrug

Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    True. :P

We have no idea how pvp is at WoD though, so... /shrug
    Well can't speak for disc or holy, but Shadow is pretty crazy in a mass PvP setting like Ashran with Auspicious Spirits and crit gear (can reach 30% self buffed crit in S1 gear with flask ).

Dot 4-5 people and you get showered with orbs and MS procs like it's christmas. The self heal from so many plagues is pretty crazy too, reminded me of the old Soul Link + Siphon Life warlock drain tanks, except we can actually kill stuff very quickly. :P

Healer balance seems very bad in PvP atm though, a resto druid can jump around tanking 6-7 people, while a disc priest struggles to survive 1v2 against melee for longer than a few seconds.. don't know how holy are doing in PvP, but heard some good things about them in PvE. ^^
    Last edited by Calamari; 2014-07-19 at 01:12 PM.
    Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Binding Heal (unglyphed) for Holy is now sometimes healing two other friendly targets (not always the healer). Anyone else noticing this?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkener View Post
    Binding Heal (unglyphed) for Holy is now sometimes healing two other friendly targets (not always the healer). Anyone else noticing this?
    Yes. Have seen it happen with the glyphed version as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Crzed View Post
    Yes. Have seen it happen with the glyphed version as well.
    Probably a wonky interaction with Multistrike that needs to be fixed.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Deleted
    So, some really fast testing, I'm going to ignore numbers and Discipline being outright broken.

Divine Insight is proccing from Heal (and not from Clarity of Purpose).
    While Divine Star is useless healing wise, Divine Star hits are reducing CD of Circle of Healing in Chakra: Sanctuary.
    Binding Heal is sometimes healing 3 targets even without Glyph of Binding Heal.
    Heals in Chakra: Serenity don't just refresh renew, they sometimes even reduce the duration (do Renew > Renew > Holy Word: Serenity without Glyph of Renew).
    Damage from Glyph of the Inquisitor should be capped somehow, otherwise killing boars in front of Orgrimmar will kill you while you're waiting for queue (SW: D is capped) .
    Not being able to cancel Chakras is really annoying in PvP (you need to switch to Chakra: Chastise if you want to use Holy Word: Chastise + GCD)
    Serendipity should work for Clarity of Purpose too.

Deleted
    The level 90 talents proccing FDCL is actually pretty awesome ^^

So, I was disc healing on the beta tonight in heroic UBRS. Scaled to 100, 620 ilvl. My main issue was with the Zaela fight (last boss).

Starting in p2, between the knockbacks, chains, and fire breathing dragons, it's insane to try and stand still and get a cast off. So.....I pre-SS before the phase starts, carries us through the beginning...blanket the raid in shields.....spec into Dstar because it's instant.....and then I'm out of options....I can put down barrier and look for the time to cast a PoM, but spot healing/triage is impossible. If one of my team gets breathed on or gets chained, it's impossible to catch them up. This was with a shaman rolling AG/HST as well. I tried filling the gaps with holy nova, but it literally hits for 2k with 4k crits (which is btw what dstar hits for). I know the obvious answer is "don't stand in breaths" but the dragons spawn incredibly quickly and was hard even as a premade group on mumble. Not to mention the chains/knockbacks inevitably lead to ticks from the fire breaths.

Any ideas on this fight as disc? Is it just overtuned? Are some of our heals (like dstar, holy nova) undertuned right now? Every video I've seen of this fight has been with a resto druid or monk healing, and I'm at a loss at how to heal it as disc. I suppose the answer is go holy and renew spam, but I was hoping for some other option besides "respec".

- - - Updated - - -

Also, to add on real quick: Is there a reason Glyph of Penance on the beta allows me to penance on the move, but slows me down to like, 50% run speed? Is that intended? Known bug?

Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    While Divine Star is useless healing wise, Divine Star hits are reducing CD of Circle of Healing in Chakra: Sanctuary.
    So, essentially you can reset the cd of CoH if using DS twice with every cd of DS? CoH->1st round of DS-> CoH-> 2nd round of DS->CoH?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    So, essentially you can reset the cd of CoH if using DS twice with every cd of DS? CoH->1st round of DS-> CoH-> 2nd round of DS->CoH?
    That's exactly how it works.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Also, to add on real quick: Is there a reason Glyph of Penance on the beta allows me to penance on the move, but slows me down to like, 50% run speed? Is that intended? Known bug?
    Bug with the pvp set bonus. If you cast it on an enemy it slows you by 50%, and if you cast it on yourself (and currently only yourself) you gain 30% movespeed. Just dumb bugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsparowe View Post
    The level 90 talents proccing FDCL is actually pretty awesome ^^
    What do you mean? Is this for Shadow? Is this intended?

Each time one of the lvl 90 talent heals hits someone it has a chance to proc Surge of Light. I doubt it's intended to work that way, but at least makes them worth casting atm.