Page 36 of 54 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Redsparowe View Post
    Anyone know the fate of shadowfiend for healers? It doesn't seem to serve any purpose right now other than a very minor amount of damage :S
    Well it's kind of useful for soloing with Fade as a threat drop!

Absorbs now prevent Fokused Will from triggering :/

Deleted
    -1 Draenor Perk for Holy Priests. It might mean Holy spec will receive something else in place of the Weakened Soul debuff reduction and it might be something specific, Holy only, which is a plus.

But I wonder what will they do with the Draenor Perk that affects the damage over time duration for Holy Fire, since it was made 9 sec baseline.. I guess it will be kept like this and count toward quality of life improvements, which is a lol...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by holy priest View Post
    -1 Draenor Perk for Holy Priests. It might mean Holy spec will receive something else in place of the Weakened Soul debuff reduction and it might be something specific, Holy only, which is a plus.

But I wonder what will they do with the Draenor Perk that affects the damage over time duration for Holy Fire, since it was made 9 sec baseline.. I guess it will be kept like this and count toward quality of life improvements, which is a lol...
    Everyone is getting Perks every 2 levels, rather than every level now.

Quote Originally Posted by holy priest View Post
    Remove it?

Why would they keep the perk if it is already a baseline effect?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Posix View Post
    Everyone is getting Perks every 2 levels, rather than every level now.
    Hence why most of these buffs are not really buffs for any class. They remove the perk, and make the effect baseline.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Holy Fire is now baseline 9s except Power Word Solace is now 7s down from 9s with the removal of the perk.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkener View Post
    Holy Fire is now baseline 9s except Power Word Solace is now 7s down from 9s with the removal of the perk.
    This is one ot the few issues where I am quite confident it will be removed as a bug/oversight.

- - - Updated - - -

I find myself annoyed that absorbs prevent abilities from triggering on damage taken again (remember when tanks complained about absorbs because they prevented them from generating aggro due to loss of ressources/procs - yes that feeling).
    Especially Focused Will is noticable when soloing as disc. It will not trigger as long as you have an absorb up (which I always have since reflective shield is fun when soloing), thus loosing the 10% damage it grants (already lost ToF for soloing anyway, which doesn't make sense).

The perks have been a stupid idea from the begining. They were obviously going to have to tune specs around the fact that they have the perks at 100, so all the perks were really doing was making specs undertuned while leveling without them and in 6.0. Yay. Stupid. The end result being that they were not buffs at all, they did nothing - increase Heal by 20%, but uh oh, heal too stronk, better nerf its baseline strength by 20%. Any perk that was purely % increase does nothing in the big picture.
    And only a few perks per spec actually did stuff other than "increase ability x by y%", and half of these were just to replace things that were pruned. Over all, only a few things like improved shadow orbs, improved focused will, improved lava lash (or was that flame shock?) actually have any impact on the game.
    The closer we get to wod, the more apparent it becomes just how much blozzord has done goofed.
    Disc Priests: Just 2 mana trinkets away from becoming Withered

Could they please just give us a minor glyph so ProM doesn't bounce off to pets? It's where ProMs go to die. I'm tempted to drop a defensive glyph and roll with Focused mending for extra tank healing and maybe it will compensate for the dropped survivability if it bounces to me every time.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Overdispersion View Post
    Could they please just give us a minor glyph so ProM doesn't bounce off to pets? It's where ProMs go to die. I'm tempted to drop a defensive glyph and roll with Focused mending for extra tank healing and maybe it will compensate for the dropped survivability if it bounces to me every time.
    If you use that Glyph it will cause your PoM to die prematurely a lot since it will cast on a target up to 40yards away from you and then drop off when the only other available target isn't within 20yards. They should call this Glyph of Nerfed PoM: Your PoM now attempts to heal only 1 player, and the caster if within 20yards.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkener View Post
    If you use that Glyph it will cause your PoM to die prematurely a lot since it will cast on a target up to 40yards away from you and then drop off when the only other available target isn't within 20yards. They should call this Glyph of Nerfed PoM: Your PoM now attempts to heal only 1 player, and the caster if within 20yards.
    Damn it, didn't even know ProM had a 20y jumping range.

Um, doesn't PoM have unlimited range?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    Nope, it doesn't! The bounce is 20 yards.

It only looks like it when it goes of somewhere during Immerseus.

I think they should change the bounce range to 45y when you use the target limiting glyph, having to take damage yourself to have it bounce back should be enough of a downside to not make it mandantory - glyphs are balanced against each other and with the class kit, not against an empty slot, after all.

Strange... I would swear that I actually read "unlimited range" in its description 2 weeks ago... Oh well.

Strange... I would swear that I actually read "unlimited range" in its description 2 weeks ago... Oh well.
    It had, but that did not apply.

How does stat priority look for both holy & disc at the time? Don't say it's beta, I asked for currently :P

Or is disc so weak that no stat will save the spec?

Maybe its easier to post a spec prio for all stats :P (Disc would be deadlast in all cases.)

Deleted
    How does stat priority look for both holy & disc at the time? Don't say it's beta, I asked for currently :P

I think disc will be useless until the first few weeks of the expansion. They did it in MOP, they'll most likely do it again in WOD.

I remember how furious I was with our priest when she refused to go holy for the first few weeks of msv progression then all of a sudden blizzard buff disc out of the ass and she's "right all along".

At this point I would guess mastery would be our best stat if the Critical Strike attunement doesn't do much. Most of our healing is gonna be from CoW/PWS. On the other hand, 100% Holy Nova spam might be viable too. I'm not sure if crit or mastery would be better there or not.

Mastery point for point is gonna be more HPS, but Divine Aegis is more consistent with crit and less vulnerable to overheal (I doubt this matters though). Multistrike I have no idea, and haste is still likely garbage.

Without doing any testing or sims or anything and just based on some simple logic, I'd guess:

Spirit > Mastery > Crit > Multistrike > Haste

Spirit is every single healer's best stat per point, so no question really.
    Mastery is better than crit for HPS point for point even on live, unless DA matters (which it doesn't)
    Multistrike seems like crit without the DA, I don't know about scaling but I'd imagine it's still wrose.
    Haste is haste, yeah. It might be okay with heavy CoW usage, but it's still not a net HPM gain like the other classes. I also don't know if it would scale with Holy Nova at all.

For Holy I would guess:

Spirit > Multistrike > Haste > Crit > Mastery

Maybe Haste=Crit, I'm not sure without breakpoints. Without heavy renew usage, or with renew mastery scaling it might look like

Spirit > Multistrike > Mastery > Haste/Crit

Again, none of this info is tested. I'm just assuming based on gameplay mechanics and scaling.
    Last edited by Larynx; 2014-08-16 at 08:54 PM.