ethereal soul trader in BG/arenas hot fix nerf

they did a hot fix on 3 jun

-Ethereal Soul-Trader can no longer be summoned while in an Arena or Battleground.

that is a prime example of why PVP will never be balanced, but hey a pet that has been out 6-7 years ago is nerfed. yet issues that could have been fixed are thrown to the curb with a working on next expac excuse

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkz View Post
    they did a hot fix on 3 jun

-Ethereal Soul-Trader can no longer be summoned while in an Arena or Battleground.

that is a prime example of why PVP will never be balanced, but hey a pet that has been out 6-7 years ago is nerfed. yet issues that could have been fixed are thrown to the curb with a working on next expac excuse
    It got fixed because people were using it with a lag exploit.

my point stands, blizz should have set-up a system to detect the script players were using and ban players. i don't have this pet, but i do know BGs are one of the best ways to earn currency to buy items sold by the pet

ironicly? will the travelers tundra mammoth and yak vendor mounts also be banned for arenas and BGs? from what i just did a search on, it appears anything with a vendor can be used in same manner as pet
    Last edited by pinkz; 2014-06-05 at 09:18 PM.

The main reason PvP will never be balanced in this game is because this genre cannot be balanced for small scale pvp.

"BOO HOO THEY FIXED SOMETHING" - Like seriously?
    The lag exploit was annoying as heck. Glad they fixed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Yindoo View Post
    No, you are just posting random stuff. Did you read even the post above yours?
    far from random, i read the post and did a search on the exploit which i won't link here becuase it could cause a ban

what does that have to do with PvP balance? Why would you even want a battle pet out in Arena?

Quote Originally Posted by Schwert View Post
    The main reason PvP will never be balanced in this game is because this genre cannot be balanced for small scale pvp.

the lag issue was not fixed, infact as i stated above can still be done thru vendor mounts. disallowing pets and if they get to the mounts is not my instead of fixing the problem.

i don't have the pet that they nerfed. but i do use my mammoth at times in a BG, for food, dust, etc, but no hacks. what i see incoming next is blizz not allowing vendor mounts in BG/arenas which imo is not a fix to lag exploits

Wait, where you expecting huge class changes to balance PvP outside of a content patch? Because that almost never happens, unless it's something severely OP (Read as- One shots any player, not countered in any way shape or form) and even then I don't believe they usually change much except slight number adjustments.

Seriously, they fixed something, and you're still mad at them?

Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    what does that have to do with PvP balance? Why would you even want a battle pet out in Arena?
    someone could counter to your question: why nerf a companion NON COMBAT pet in PVP? why should one be not allowed to have a pet out?

because hackers figuired out a exploit, rather than detect or stop the exploit script, they disallow one pet in PVP now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Wait, where you expecting huge class changes to balance PvP outside of a content patch? Because that almost never happens, unless it's something severely OP (Read as- One shots any player, not countered in any way shape or form) and even then I don't believe they usually change much except slight number adjustments.

Seriously, they fixed something, and you're still mad at them?
    lol, far from mad, as stated i do not have this pet. never stated i was expecting a balance patch and they obviously only fixed part of something

someone could counter to your question: why nerf a companion NON COMBAT pet in PVP? why should one be not allowed to have a pet out?

because hackers figuired out a exploit, rather than detect or stop the exploit script, they disallow one pet in PVP now.

- - - Updated - - -

lol, far from mad, as stated i do not have this pet. never stated i was expecting a balance patch and they obviously only fixed part of something
    There is no reason to have a non combat pet out in Arena's or Bg's. It's not that big of deal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Funny how people find things out like the lag thing with this pet.

Also you could not have chosen a worst color for your linking of the hotfix :P
    You're a towel.

10+ Year Old Account
    What specifically made them ban this pet? I don't get it, could someone please elaborate?
    Warlock (SL main)

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

The script is nothing more than a buying an item inside a for-loop. There's simply no way you can really stop it unless you either make it impossible to use for-loops or to buy items from a vendor with a script.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thundertom View Post
    What specifically made them ban this pet? I don't get it, could someone please elaborate?
    A lagg-macro.

Quote Originally Posted by Schwert View Post

I can be balanced for small scale pvp, but it can't be balanced while dancing with pve as well.

As for the OP it was being used as an exploit apparently, so blizzard should let a handful of people ruin others gameplay so you can collect souls or exploit yourself.