Page 1 of 32
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Cool [Megathread] The Sims 4

If your looking forward to Sims 4 release, Rumor has it, its released for a September 2 Release worldwide.

For those wondering "What is the Sims?" its a family based RPG Simulation game where you create a sim or sims, make realationships or friends, and set them in their own world controlling there every action.

I found a screenies of how HD its gonna be

And some videos from EAs channel

So whos looking forward to it?

RELEASE DATE CONFIRMED!!!

September 2
    Last edited by Romire; 2014-06-09 at 08:24 PM.
    Australian Oceanic Multi Class Veteran of the Burning Crusade Wars!
    Twitter: @Romiretv
    Youtube: RomireTv
    Twitchy: My Twitch

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    is there more than just graphical improvement such as more depth, better AI, bigger neighborhood, online actives?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    is there more than just graphical improvement such as more depth, better AI, bigger neighborhood, online actives?
    Indeedy there is!

- Source: TheSimsVIP

FEATURES
    New Sims – Create and control more intelligent, more relatable, and emotionally rich Sims.

Intelligence – Your Sims move and act more naturally than ever before, from multitasking to expressing their emotions by the way they walk. Choose the personalities of your Sims, select their aspirations, and explore the depth of their lifelong goals through your Sims’ thoughts, social skills, careers, and memories.

Emotional Depth – For the first time, Sims feel and express emotions. Your Sims can experience a diverse range and depth of emotional states and are influenced through other Sims, actions, events, memories, or even by the clothing and objects you choose. Emotions offer you more choice by giving you the opportunity to create richer stories with even more possibilities.

New Creative Tools – Create A Sim and Build are more powerful, intuitive, and fun than ever before. You have the freedom to sculpt Sims with tactile precision. Effortlessly construct the home of your dreams with the all new room-based Build Mode.

Vibrant Neighborhoods – Chose among brilliant and diverse lots for your Sims to live in. Vivid visuals bring your Sim’s home to life.
    Rich Rewards – Earn new objects, outfits, and traits by completing events, discovering collectables, and unlocking achievements.

Share Your Creations – Share your Sims’ households with your friends and the community. Download community creations for an all-new look.
    Last edited by Romire; 2014-06-05 at 11:30 AM.

Damn, as a person who builded alot inn Sims 2 (About 50 houses, some giant houses that took well over 20 hours cause of all the furnishing), seing build mode inn Sims 4....haha. Such a time saver.

Almost interested inn it. I don't play Sims 2 for anything but building as a creative, fun and casual outlet.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Damn, as a person who builded alot inn Sims 2 (About 50 houses, some giant houses that took well over 20 hours cause of all the furnishing), seing build mode inn Sims 4....haha. Such a time saver.

Almost interested inn it. I don't play Sims 2 for anything but building as a creative, fun and casual outlet.
    Get Interested! PERIOD!

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I did played a lot of the 1st and 2nd and i just love those games one, however i havent tryed 3, lack of opurtunity probably., im very interesting in trying this one out.
    “Dois loucos não sabiam que era impossível realizar a tarefa, decidiram então realizá-la.” Mark Twain

Deleted
    I really really. REALLY like the new creation tools both house and especially character. I can see this last one spread around the industry on RPGs with the appropriate tweaking

The new creation tools for sims and the homes is what's really exciting me.
    3DS FC: 1177 - 7882 - 6112

10+ Year Old Account
    wondering if the multiplayer/online aspect will be any good.

This game isn't going to have any forced multiplayer a la the last Sim City, is it?

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    This game isn't going to have any forced multiplayer a la the last Sim City, is it?
    Offline last I heard, http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013...ll-be-offline/
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Still waiting for a Sims game that allows me to have Shaquille O'Neal and Danny DeVito live together as roommates without them both being ~1.82m tall.
    Allowing a height modifier shouldn't be too much to ask for now-a-days.

Not holding onto ANY hope. Honestly, nothing seems new. Wow. New sliders, emotions. Woo-de-doo. Where is the actual gameplay news?

10+ Year Old Account
    i dabbled around in SIMS 3, the Island Paradise addition had me totally interested, until i experienced the massive pathing lag issue. it really bummed me out that they didnt want to fix that island. so because of that i didnt really get too far into SIMS 3. i am interested in SIMS 4 and hoping they expand on the Island Paradise theme, including my profession Scuba Diving.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    No, god no

Sims 3 paled in comparison to Sims 2 due to the absence of the Body Builder tool. and weaker mod support (iirc Sims 3 was practically unmoddable for the first year or so because they didn't want "adult" mods on it)

Hopefully they wise up and make the game easy to mod.

10+ Year Old Account
    I stopped after Sims 2, got 3 for free with some dlc and regretted it, so much dlc T_T
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    I stopped after Sims 2, got 3 for free with some dlc and regretted it, so much dlc T_T
    You should see my collection

Standered Sims: $49 x 14 = $686
    Limited Editions: $70 x 2 = $140
    Collector Edition: $89 (Katy Perry Edition)
    Total: $915 Sims Collection

I can't remember exactly which Sims games I've played before (probably 1 and 2), but me playing them all boiled down to making some Sims, and spend most of the time on deciding names, and building a house. Mostly building a house though and I liked using little tricks to make basements. Can't remember me actually playing the game for more than a few hours. The only thing I can remember from the actual gameplay was annoyance. People pissing themselves, falling asleep on the floor, sleeping on couches, sleeping in the wrong beds, etc.

I have to say the character creation is done very nicely and I hope other games start using something similar. I absolutely hate adjusting dozens of sliders. In games with face creators I usually create a random face or use a preset and then adjust age, skin color and hair. Building also seems to be improved upon greatly. But I don't think those two reasons are enough for me to actually purchase it, maybe if it's on sale long after it's release.

I've played sims on and off since the first game but never bothered getting all the expansions, except the ones with pets. I'm pretty excited for Sims 4 though! Sims to me is a game I'll play all the time for a few days and then have a few months -half a year break before I do it again. Still fun