Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    I should being updated this, but info is free as hell
    Australian Oceanic Multi Class Veteran of the Burning Crusade Wars!
    Twitter: @Romiretv
    Youtube: RomireTv
    Twitchy: My Twitch

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    Sims 4 has an expansion - "Get to work" (coming in April) adding new features to jobs. At the same time, it also has new DLC or a "Game Pack" that adds a new area you can go camping and do stuff in. How do people feel about this?

Its not on the Sims 3 level of selling a new bench for 12 dollars. And honstly, if a game is great, it's cool they keep making new stuff for it and selling it. I don't feel like any of this is stuff that was purposely left out of the original to sell later. Ok or not ok?
    It appears to be a weird cross of TS2 Open for Business and TS3 Ambitions. The issue, besides EA neglecting family life because they still haven't said anything about the fate of toddlers, (although they did add family trees with the February patch) is whether or not the features will be as meshed out. People have praised all of the detail that was in OFB, and the same for the active careers in Ambitions.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't be the only one that still plays this. Can I...?

Been playing with Get To Work for a while now and it's been great. Gotta be careful with mod conflicts, though, 'cause some wacky stuff can happen such as the wrong clues being given to you as a Detective. One time the clues told me I was looking for a young male teen in a tanktop when the real culprit was an elderly woman in slacks. Soooo yeah. I fixed the issue by removing a mod but it was a pain in the ass to diagnose the problem (turns out it was the larger interaction queue mod).

I also recently installed the Get To School mod and it's just...amazing. Plays just like Get To Work and gives my children sooo much more depth. I struggled to find them consistent friends but now it's really easy with all of their schoolmates. I know I'm a terrible person for doing this and supporting EA blah blah blah but I also purchased the Perfect Patio Stuff pack and am enjoying the midnight hot tub WooHoos

Seems like no matter how much I fight it I'm just a Sims player through and through. The Sims 1 was my first PC game ever and was what got me into PC gaming in the first place, so I guess it'll just always have a place in my heart. And my wallet apparently. >.>

Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    I think it is more of an issue with people not having switched yet. Imo, Sims 3 still got so much more content than the sims 4, and is still a superior game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zogarth View Post
    I think it is more of an issue with people not having switched yet. Imo, Sims 3 still got so much more content than the sims 4, and is still a superior game.
    At the same time I think all of that content makes The Sims 3 that much more overwhelming. I tried to install it the other day, as I still happen to have all of my CDs, but partway through the process I kind of just gave up. There's just so much stuff to install, then so many necessary mods, that I just couldn't do it. I'm kind of enjoying the more 'casual' feel of The Sims 4. It's also nostalgic to go through the process of waiting for and getting more content as time goes on.

I can agree that TS3 is a better game, but I think over time TS4 will definitely dethrone it and right now? I'm just in the mood for a game like TS4.

You may very well be
    I'm waiting for a complete version to appear once they finish releasing all the usual expansions and then might pick it up although I was going to pick up Sims 3 with all DLC in the Steam sale but then noticed even with up to 50% off each expansions it was still £215 for them all

I'll continue playing my acquired version of Sims 3 and dream of a future where I can afford Sims 4 complete

http://imgur.com/a/ZeAVE?gallery#0

Filled the neighborhood with Sims for every letter of the alphabet, to see if I could. I rather like the cast of characters I ended up with.

Deleted
    Why are the additions to the game so expensive? ._.

Quote Originally Posted by AndaliteBandit View Post

Filled the neighborhood with Sims for every letter of the alphabet, to see if I could. I rather like the cast of characters I ended up with.
    Where's E, L, M, O, P, S, V and Z?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilla Blomma View Post
    Why are the additions to the game so expensive? ._.
    I know right. I definitely have a lot of money invested in this game but I can't stooooooop. I just hope it doesn't get as crazy as TS3. I don't even want to do the math on how much I spent...

Deleted
    I know right. I definitely have a lot of money invested in this game but I can't stooooooop. I just hope it doesn't get as crazy as TS3. I don't even want to do the math on how much I spent...
    How much is it that gets added with the additions? Is it worth getting?

The cost of all the sims 3 dlc is insane but EA knows people will buy it so it might get as insane over the next few years.

Quote Originally Posted by Attackrabbit View Post
    Where's E, L, M, O, P, S, V and Z?
    They're there, just rooming with characters of other last names.

10+ Year Old Account
    I saw The Sims 4 in my local game store and I saw the price of the expansion packs, and I ran away really really really quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by AndaliteBandit View Post

They're...all women.

After today's update, the game seems to be lagging terribly. I played yesterday with no problems