Page 19 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Could anyone tell me if you can control the neighbourhood like you could in TS2? I hated the different saves and the way everything was handled in TS3. I wanted to play with multiple of my own created families in the same neighbourhood. I know there was a workaround, but you would lose your save and progress with the other family.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    It's not a red flag (stop) it's amber at most (proceed with caution). No reviews before launch mean you wait until after launch; then read the reviews, watch the videos or grab some pop-corn and watch the forums explode. A red flag would be if they put cease-and-desist orders on all the outlets offering reviews of the game after its release.
    No reviews before launch is a cowardly tactic to try grab as much sales as possible before the word about the product's quality starts to spread. If the developer and publisher were confident in their product, they sure as hell wouldn't stop big media outlets from reviewing it before the product is released. Hell they'd prefer it to get as much media coverage as possible to get the hype up. So far the only thing the media can say about the game is removed features compared to previous games and the fact that EA doesn't allow it to be reviewed before launch. Pretty bad publicity if you ask me. But I guess since this is the Sims EA doesn't need to care. It's biggest market has always been casual gamers who don't read games media and get the game regardless.

All that said, I pity the fools who get this at the launch day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizno View Post
    Could anyone tell me if you can control the neighbourhood like you could in TS2? I hated the different saves and the way everything was handled in TS3. I wanted to play with multiple of my own created families in the same neighbourhood. I know there was a workaround, but you would lose your save and progress with the other family.
    From what I've seen, yes. You can shift control to different households on the fly.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    From what I've seen, yes. You can shift control to different households on the fly.
    That is great! The neighbourhood in TS3 felt so weird compared to TS2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post

http://ts4truth.tumblr.com/

You only get 2 lots

lawl
    Wait, I thought there where 5 lots excluding the neighbourhood stores/public spaces?

Is there 5 lots in total, with only 2 being open to live on?

I was interested in Sims 4, though dubious about continuing to deal with the relentless cash-grab set in place by Sims 3 (DLC with high price, low quality).
    After finding out though that it requires Origin, I won't be touching that with a 100-foot pole.

-Edit-
    Nevermind. Found this, and apparently the game has far, FAR larger concerns to it than just requiring Origin.
    Last edited by Khiva; 2014-08-30 at 06:24 PM.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    If this is real, this basically means it will look better than TS3, but plays worse than TS1?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizno View Post
    If this is real, this basically means it will look better than TS3, but plays worse than TS1?
    Pretty much. Most of what we have seen about the game, from the live demos, to the features EA has been touting, to their advertising campaign, has been pretty much an insult to the first 3 Sims games.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    Wait, I thought there where 5 lots excluding the neighbourhood stores/public spaces?

Is there 5 lots in total, with only 2 being open to live on?
    As I understand it, there are two empty lots to build on with a maximum of five lots per "neighborhood".
    Last edited by Kujako; 2014-08-30 at 07:22 PM.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    #HashtagsAreFuckingStupid
    #Stupid #FuckingStupid

This made me laugh so loudly lol. I'm happy someone agrees.

I was really excited when the game was announced, but the more I read about it the less I want to give it a shot. I'm really frustrated with the changes EA has made, to me they just don't make sense.

Herald of the Titans Tech Priest Bojangles's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    How are we gonna wash our dishes?
    In the sink? WTF this is 2014.
    -=From the moment I understood the weakness of my flesh, it disgusted me. I craved the strength and certainty of steel. I aspired to the purity of the blessed machine. Your kind claimed your flesh as if it will not decay and fail you. One day the crude biomass that you call a temple will wither, and you will beg my kind to save you... But I am already saved..... For the machine is immortal=-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenway View Post
    How are we gonna wash our dishes?
    In the sink? WTF this is 2014.
    In the streams the empty plates just seem to disappear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    As strange as that may be, at least they are consistent as food teleport into the fridge.

This is THE SIMS, isn't it? Why are they removing shit like this?

Do the sims not need to bathe anymore either?

Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    is there more than just graphical improvement such as more depth, better AI, bigger neighborhood, online actives?
    Yes, but there is also a ton stripped down or out as well, so you have to weigh that against the positive changes. For me, it's a no go, but that's just me. Look up the changes, both good and bad and make that choice for yourself is the best recommendation I have for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    ...I preordered it. I didn't think I would, and I will most likely regret it like I did Simcity 5. But dammit I really enjoy the create a sim demo! And I want to see what shenanigans I can get my sim into.

I am still pretty annoyed they removed create a style function, I enjoyed that a lot. But there is a nice variety of stuff to pick from already, and they all have various colours.

Of course that has nothing at all to do with the major features that were removed...so I will most likely regret this decision by next week, hopefully not though!

10+ Year Old Account
    For EA's sake I hope there wont be any recolours of existing clothes or items in the SimStore or whatever they call it, or otherwise the reason for Create-a-Style's omittance becomes way too apparent...

10+ Year Old Account
    For EA's sake I hope there wont be any recolours of existing clothes or items in the SimStore or whatever they call it, or otherwise the reason for Create-a-Style's omittance becomes way too apparent...
    You can already retexture and recolor clothing using third party tools. I expect once the game is released and we can see how the additional clothing is added there will be options to add third party clothing rather then just replace what's there.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    The Livestream from PAX is up, but on the Twitch channel instead:

http://www.twitch.tv/twitch
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

10+ Year Old Account
    Hum... speculation as to a third town being available at launch. If so, my money is on day 1 DLC.

-Kujako-