Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Advice for a cheap new tablet/notebook.

Hello guys.

I'll make it short; My mother is using my 8 years old computer which started to fail booting up a few months ago and now seems to be about to die, I believe it is the CPU. I always gave it a quite intensive usage (my hard core 17 hours per day wow days and other stuff where on that machine).

So the time to get a new computer has come and the best for her would be a portable device, such as a laptop or one of those windows tablets with plastic keyboard (tho that's expensive).

We want the cheapest machine, as it will only be used for multimedia and skype, yet the best for the price as it should last a few years.

Could you recommend me something? Windows 7 is a must unless it is a tactile device, then W8 will serve (or else W8 is useless imo). Another must is a screen as big as possible and with good resolution as she'd also use it for watching documentaries, films, etc.
    I am doing my own research but I could really use your hand guys.
    This is the best looking device so far http://www.amazon.es/Microsoft-Surfa...rosoft+surface
    Cheap and big enough with proper definition.

Thank you very much!
    Last edited by shise; 2014-06-05 at 05:25 PM.

The Surface is probably the best option that fits into all of those criteria.

Otherwise I'd recommend Google's Nexus 7.

Deleted
    My vote for Nexus 7 and Chromecast.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thank you guys. The google nexus is way too small tho. I am checking out other options, there are some really good laptop for a good price now a days with 15" screens.

10+ Year Old Account
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory