Thread: Click casting

Click casting

Grid + Clique allows you to assign a spell to cast with left click. Is it possible to change this assignment during combat?

Nope, not possible

Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    Sigh, thanks.
    Specifically, you can't change anything even remotely resembling that because it allows automation of which spell to cast. What were you wanting to change it for? Perhaps we can help you out with another way to solve your problem?

I'm trying to make healing better in 25 mans, as I have a disability. I asked this question a while ago and hoped for changes by now. Long story short, I wanted to select a spell X then cast it via left click on the raid frame. Then spontaneously select another spell......

I'm a software engineer so I was going to build an addon but was told it wasn't doable yet.

Deleted
    Don't hold your breath. It's impossible by design rather than "haven't gotten around to it yet".

That being said, I would look into being able to remap bindings on the OS level instead.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    I'm trying to make healing better in 25 mans, as I have a disability. I asked this question a while ago and hoped for changes by now. Long story short, I wanted to select a spell X then cast it via left click on the raid frame. Then spontaneously select another spell......
    You mean 1 keybind to cast spell X, and then immediately follow it by spell Y? You can do that with stuff like AHK but its against ToS. You might want to look into castsequence, but I think these abilities were nerfed a lot after WotLK.

Quote Originally Posted by Lombra View Post
    Don't hold your breath. It's impossible by design rather than "haven't gotten around to it yet".

That being said, I would look into being able to remap bindings on the OS level instead.
    I'm considering that.

Quote Originally Posted by lolalola View Post
    You mean 1 keybind to cast spell X, and then immediately follow it by spell Y? You can do that with stuff like AHK but its against ToS. You might want to look into castsequence, but I think these abilities were nerfed a lot after WotLK.
    I mean cast X every left click until I select Y, then cast Y every left click until I select Z. Ideal for spamming xyz for boss phases; set to renew for light healing, heal........, prayer of healing...... then back to renew or whatever.