Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Have you tried shooting this crow? Or is it only other people that Americans shoot?

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ligier View Post
    Have you tried shooting this crow? Or is it only other people that Americans shoot?

We only shoot school kids. /sarcasm

It's a sign that something bad is going to happen to you. I'd be careful OP. In fact I probably wouldn't leave the house and I'd turn off the gas and electricity. Food for thought...

15+ Year Old Account
    This crow will remember you. So be careful. As it will tell other crows, crow generation after crow generation, they will be watching you and your next kin. You will never know what will happen next.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    Teach it to say "Corn!"

As others have said, see if any animal services will take it in.

If not, and you don't want it around, get some dried chili peppers (hot ones, such as thai bird's eye chilis), soak in water for a while, put the water in a spray bottle and spray the areas the bird frequents. Yeah, I'm a jerk.

- - - Updated - - -

There's a reason they call it a murder.
    Birds are unaffected by Capsaicin. It is how chilli plants spread their seeds to other areas, by deterring non-birds by amassing Capsaicin in the fruits and seeds. That will, however, clear away mammal pests. They smear fences with Ghost Pepper paste in southern Africa to keep elephants away from crops.

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    You sure about that? I shot the leg off one with a BB gun lol. It hung around for years after with one leg.
    Hur hur I shot and hurt an animal hur hur so funny.

Why the fuck would you do something like that, you cruel bastard?

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Birds are unaffected by Capsaicin. It is how chilli plants spread their seeds to other areas, by deterring non-birds by amassing Capsaicin in the fruits and seeds. That will, however, clear away mammal pests. They smear fences with Ghost Pepper paste in southern Africa to keep elephants away from crops.
    Ahh, that makes sense. I use it for mice, rabbits, raccoons, and squirrels. Very effective to keep them away from my tomato plants.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

I have to say OP I think you're incredibly lucky to have this sort of relationship with a wild creature, especially something as smart as a crow.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forgettable View Post
    Must be an attempted murder.
    LOL! humor not lost.
    Operation Red Wing

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok so today my idiot neighbor let there dogs run loose as usual (both shih tzu's or however it is spelled) and they came into my yard (yet again) and were barking/harassing the shit out of the crow, so I went out side and scared them off and one of the adults seriously dive bombed the SHIT at one of them. Like it was freaking laser guided missile. It didn't connect but so close.

I was super pissed off (Usually they just let the little dogs come over here and poop in my yard+bark at me in my window) and I have asked them to restrain them before, so today I told them I had video of there dogs in my yard harassing me and if it ever happens again I am calling animal control.

So I probably lost a neighbor (They are meth heads anyway, I'll probably end up shanked) but hopefully there stupid little dogs won't harass me and my yard and my yard-crow.
    You're a towel.

Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I would just like..scare it away or something, but I have a really weird fear of birds.
    hopefully there stupid little dogs won't harass me and my yard and my yard-crow.
    You've come a long way :>

10+ Year Old Account
    Get it to read The Raven, just so it can say nevermore. i'll give you all the monies in my pocket.

10+ Year Old Account
    my yard-crow.
    That's cute

Oh and the movie that instilled my dislike of birds was called "Willy the Sparrow" the entire thing is on youtube!

I hate birds.
    You based your entire worldview about something based on a fictional movie. Damn, you must be part of what people talk about when they say games cause people to kill people!
    "The round, metal cooking utensil referring to the larger, cookware customarily used for, but not limited to, stews, as being of a dark shade or possibly of African descent." ~~ Fixed for now. But keep in mind any one of the words used in that fix may become politically incorrect or offensive at any moment for any reason. Further amendments may be required to prevent frivolous lawsuits in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Koloss View Post
    It must be Medivh!!! Listen to its prophecy!
    Thread over, everyone go home, this user has already won.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daez View Post
    You based your entire worldview about something based on a fictional movie. Damn, you must be part of what people talk about when they say games cause people to kill people!
    You ever have a fear of lice? Those things are terrifying. They make you itch.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    You've come a long way :>
    I still don't want to go near it. Thats how you get the bugs.

- - - Updated - - -

Well probably my last update on the matter, today the crow was nowhere to be seen, then I saw it up in a tree with two bigger ones (Assuming its the parents) So it can fly now! Yaay its gone :P
    You're a towel.

Ok so today my idiot neighbor let there dogs run loose as usual (both shih tzu's or however it is spelled) and they came into my yard (yet again) and were barking/harassing the shit out of the crow, so I went out side and scared them off and one of the adults seriously dive bombed the SHIT at one of them. Like it was freaking laser guided missile. It didn't connect but so close.

I was super pissed off (Usually they just let the little dogs come over here and poop in my yard+bark at me in my window) and I have asked them to restrain them before, so today I told them I had video of there dogs in my yard harassing me and if it ever happens again I am calling animal control.

So I probably lost a neighbor (They are meth heads anyway, I'll probably end up shanked) but hopefully there stupid little dogs won't harass me and my yard and my yard-crow.
    Yeah, adult crows are fiercely territorial around their young (they would have dive-bombed you if you had started to harass the baby crow).

Well probably my last update on the matter, today the crow was nowhere to be seen, then I saw it up in a tree with two bigger ones (Assuming its the parents) So it can fly now! Yaay its gone :P
    Awesome, and for the next 8 or so years there'll be a crow in the world telling his mates about Uncle Gumboy who chased off some nasty dogs when he was little.

Special bonus - if the crows stick around they may keep your yard clear of neighbour-dogs.

You ever have a fear of lice? Those things are terrifying. They make you itch.

- - - Updated - - -

I still don't want to go near it. Thats how you get the bugs.

- - - Updated - - -

Aww yay! Happy ending