Deleted

Do the Blizzard Plushies have a CE marking?

Okay, so I've tried asking a GM using the Blizzard gear store chat about this and he couldn't tell me. It's also not on the store page anywhere. The labels on the images are either not visible or not clear.

What i'm wondering about is http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CE_marking. This indicates that the toys that are sold are compliant with EU directives concerning the specific product. My parents have urged me to only buy toys with that marking for my nephew. My nephew is abit young for it atm (the plushies are not suitable for children younger than 36 months), but in a few years it could be useful.

If anyone on these forums has such a plushie, could you check the label (and maybe the packaging if you still have it) if that CE marking is on there?

10+ Year Old Account
    My best guess:

Because the toy is sold primarily out of the US where Blizzard is based, it probably doesn't have any EU-specific certification. That doesn't mean it doesn't meet the requirements to get it (it might), but it probably isn't going to have the official stamp. That seems like something that would be limited to things mfg and sold in the EU.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    My best guess:

Because the toy is sold primarily out of the US where Blizzard is based, it probably doesn't have any EU-specific certification. That doesn't mean it doesn't meet the requirements to get it (it might), but it probably isn't going to have the official stamp. That seems like something that would be limited to things mfg and sold in the EU.
    I've seen CE markings on products here in Canada, so it dosen't necessarily mean that because it's made in the US it won't have it.

10+ Year Old Account
    My other half has the wind rider plushie and it has a CE marking on the label. We didn't keep the packaging though - can't even remember if there was any tbh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by blackblade View Post
    I've seen CE markings on products here in Canada, so it dosen't necessarily mean that because it's made in the US it won't have it.
    Oh, no of course not, but it is probably less likely, and might be why the reps don't know.

And like I said, even if it doesn't have it, doesn't mean it isn't compliant - it just might be stamped based on whatever regulations are local to Blizzard itself.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

This is the Gryphon's bottom. I just took it. It sucks, I know.
    http://imgur.com/23pRFFC

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I'm not a 14 pack a day smoker, my nails are orange from the hairdye I just did lol.
    "Raiding is not about fun!" - Some moron in a game I play.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwynafhar View Post
    This is the Gryphon's bottom. I just took it. It sucks, I know.
    http://imgur.com/23pRFFC

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I'm not a 14 pack a day smoker, my nails are orange from the hairdye I just did lol.
    Thanks for posting that, it's always nice to see someone go (even a little bit) out of their way to help someone in the community.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

These markings?