Best graphic card under $200 ?

Yeah pretty much that, i'm using a GTX 550ti, i've had it for almost 3 years now and it's time for an upgrade.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly it's worth it to spend the extra few bucks and get something like the GTX 760. Go sell some plasma or something.
    I'm just here to complain, if I'm being honest

There's a million types of GTX 760s, i'm not much of a hardware geek so tbh i dont know anything about video cards.

Could anyone recommend a specific one? I guess $250 max.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm just here to complain, if I'm being honest

This MSI R9 280 is on sale for $199.99 after MIR and discount code, which is a pretty good deal.

If you want to spend a little extra and go with a 760, this MSI 760 is probably best bang for your buck at $229.99 after MIR.

The 280 and 760 are pretty comparable, I'd go with whichever you can get cheaper (in this case, the 280).

Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    The 280 and 760 are pretty comparable, I'd go with whichever you can get cheaper (in this case, the 280).
    Whether Nvidia's PhysX/Gameworks is desired or not is important. Its not all about performance/price.

Quote Originally Posted by yurano View Post
    Its not all about performance/price.
    Isn't is always about performance/price? At least when you have a budget to deal with.
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

In other words, stop breaking shit with your fat ass.

Not when you're paying the electric bill.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Polite View Post
    Not when you're paying the electric bill.
    Yeah, the ~30W difference is really driving people to the streets. If you used the GPU at maximum load 8 hours every day for year, the difference in electric bill would be about $10 with US prices.

Quote Originally Posted by yurano View Post
    Its not all about performance/price.
    It is, actually. If the user specifically states a feature they want (e.g. PhysX), then you consider it. The OP didn't mention it, they asked a simple question, I gave a simple answer.

Quote Originally Posted by tielknight View Post
    Isn't is always about performance/price? At least when you have a budget to deal with.
    Features are a critical factor in the purchase decision.

A lot of people purchased AMD for streaming in the last 2-3 years not knowing that Intel's QuickSync was just around the corner.

Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    It is, actually. If the user specifically states a feature they want (e.g. PhysX), then you consider it. The OP didn't mention it, they asked a simple question, I gave a simple answer.
    Maybe he hasn't considered/heard of it.

A lot of WoW players regret purchasing AMD because they followed generic advice from First Person Shooter gamers.

With spectacular PhysX Flex and Gameworks (Flameworks) effects in the pipeline, basing recommendations solely on performance/price could cause the OP a lot of headache down the line.

PhysX/Gameworks compatibility is a critical piece of information the OP needs to make an informed decision. Withholding that information is doing the OP a huge disservice.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's at your max price, but this is what I would get given your tight budget.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-932-_-Product
    Always do the minimum required to achieve the maximum possible result.