Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    well for people like me who only raid and aren´t interested in any other part of the game it´s a big deal if the only content we enjoy is lacking

It was not bad at all.

Cataclysm had very few redeeming qualities. I had much hope for it before release, but that's because I expected Blizzard to handle it all much more differently. The Throne of Tides raid and dungeon getting scrapped, 2 filler dungeons we've already run for years and years, an outright terrible raiding tier (I know a lot of people liked Firelands and Molten Front, but no, I hated it) and then the absolute worst part of the whole expansion; The Dragon Soul.

The lore was a complete mess too, with Thrall being some form of cross-faction hero and Deathwing turned into a cartoon character.

What a disaster this expansion was.
    Last edited by Coronius; 2014-06-07 at 12:58 PM.
    You cannot do that while stunned.
    You die.
    You are dead.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lolalola View Post
    If you believe Cata and MoP are not Warcraft related your knowledge of the Warcraft universe is rather shallow.

Deathwing was featured in Warcraft II.

Chen Stormstout was a playable hero in Warcraft II.

Etc etc.
    Eh, Yes on Deathwing. His story had been set up and it was very understandable and had it's place.

Chen? yes, but Pandaren no. Having one side quest with one character does not = lore for an entire race and a place at the table. If CHen made his way back and became a big part of WoW I would respect that. However, The Pandaren as an entire race means nothing. Actually, when you put more thought into it it makes no sense. How in the hell was Chen able to come to Azeroth proper in the first place? Why him and no one else?

I am not saying that Pandaren are not canon. Blizzard is crafting new canon lore and are no longer reliant on the old stories. That is what they did with Mists and are doing with Warlords. I am simply stating that it is completely reasonable for people to scratch their heads and wonder "what the hell" when suddenly we roll up in a new continent and embrace an entire race and pretend they have a place in history because of one Pandaren.

Also, if we are using history to justify them, then all Pandaren should have been Horde.

Deleted
    Never thought that Cataclysm was that bad. It was played the wrong way.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    Cata was indeed bad. Where to start...
    - horrible tuning problems in 10man heroic modes that haven't been fixed for months
    - I didn't like Firelands. Ryolith is probably one of the shittiest bosses ever. I didn't really like the others either.
    - I had to stop raiding but looking at DS I don't mind at all. Horrible bosses, rehashed maps and models all along.
    - Heroic Deadmines. Before nerf. In a PUG. Need I say more?
    - redone and rebalanced old world, but you outlevel it and cannot play without skipping zones
    Wanted to make a post but this guy read my mind.

I cant belive how many ppl say T11 was "balanced" and "well tuned". While normal and 25 man was alright, H10 man was extreamly broken.
    Last edited by mmoc99cea1ece7; 2014-06-07 at 06:24 PM.

You're basically saying that if the problems with Cataclysm never occurred, it would've been a good expansion.

Like others here, Tier 11 was for me; Amazing. It was really well done and Cataclysm looked very promising, but sadly it slowly went down hill and huge issues arose. Cataclysm was in my opinion, the worst expansion so far overall, but oddly had the most enjoyable start of all of them.

Cataclysm was designed around 4 Raiding Tiers, and got cut down to one, and a lot of other features never made it either (Path of the Titans, to name just one).

I think Cataclysm wasn't nearly as bad as people say, but not nearly as good as some others say. It was decent overall, with some hiccups. Personally I liked it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    I thought cata started fantastically and then went slowly down hill, I actually really loved the first tier, enjoyed firelands, but then it fizzled out a horrible death with DS for me, and that's how I remember it. Shame really.
    Same. I really enjoyed the more difficult heroics and the need for CC and controlled, elegant pulls. Then Blizzard pulled a fucking 180 and Cata died to me.

Cataclysm wasn't bad. It's just Dragon Soul that make the game look bad. Until that point everything was great. Of course this my personal thought but the content was fun, raids were awesome. Especially BWD and Firelands were epic. None of MoP raids are like that. Dungeons were OK and we had more dungeons in cataclysm than we have now in MoP(I don't care about scenarios). People say Cata was bad because they expected an epic expansion like Wrath and they didn't get what they wanted. I would call it ''disappointing'' at this point but that doesn't make the whole expansion bad or the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarletlion View Post
    Cataclysm wasn't bad. It's just Dragon Soul that make the game look bad. Until that point everything was great. Of course this my personal thought but the content was fun, raids were awesome. Especially BWD and Firelands were epic. None of MoP raids are like that. Dungeons were OK and we had more dungeons in cataclysm than we have now in MoP(I don't care about scenarios). People say Cata was bad because they expected an epic expansion like Wrath and they didn't get what they wanted. I would call it ''disappointing'' at this point but that doesn't make the whole expansion bad or the worst.
    Even before DS, server activity was pitfalling. 25 man guilds were falling apart and servers everywhere had a quarter of the amount of guilds raiding that they had in WoTLK by mid FL. That and the fusion of 10/25 man lockouts+difficulty are ultimately the real reasons Cata sucked. DS just made it even worse.

I seriously miss my original server's community.

Deleted
    I think it's really interesting on this forum are exactly the opposite of what blizzard had to act on to save the game.

There is widespread praise for T11 and t12 and the sub eviscerating cata 5 man HC's. DS and LFR are decried.

Yet, T11, T12 and the harder 5 man stuff saw millions of players quit and only DS and LFR stabilised the drop.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Reminds me of the times when Wrath was considered bad and everyone jumped the hatewagon and said it was awful. They also said that Cata will be the best expac and return wow to its roots and all that typical new expansion talk.

But in all honesty, it had a good start but a bad end with DS. I also enjoyed Firelands and think it's a really nice raid. Though I wish they went on with their original plans and released the underwater raid. Overall I guess cata shaped wow to what it is now mostly with LFR and the community.

I think you're wrong. IMO Wrath=BC>Vanilla>anything released in the future>MoP>Cata

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Injin View Post
    I think it's really interesting on this forum are exactly the opposite of what blizzard had to act on to save the game.

There is widespread praise for T11 and t12 and the sub eviscerating cata 5 man HC's. DS and LFR are decried.

Yet, T11, T12 and the harder 5 man stuff saw millions of players quit and only DS and LFR stabilised the drop.
    That's because most of the people who enjoyed the reduction in difficulty and LFR aren't coming to a forum to complain about those things.

10+ Year Old Account
    What really makes CATA so very bad, was the story was absolute shite. There was so much room to build deathwing as a real character (for starters not having the stupid name deathwing) and using his human name, count something or other. little interaction with the character throughout the whole thing.

The problem was, Cata was around the time the dark knight came out. I think. And that movie really sparked a "The villain makes the story" thing, Villains in movies and TV started to actually gain depth and reason, people wanted to understand the villain. Arthas, was a deep character.

Then we were given a Grrr, im a mad dragon who wants to destroy the world because reasons.

Hell, Garrosh still wasn't as good as he could have been, but at least it was better that Grr I'm a dragon with a name a 12 year old names his deathknight
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

The only part of Cata that didn't make sense to me was that the main villain of the xpac, Deathwing, was far easier to kill than a resurrected firelord from Vanilla, Ragnaros.
    Firelands was a good raid until Rag, who was too hard. Dragonsoul started out decent and went downhill with every boss encounter. The final Deathwing fight was disappointing, not to mention downright weird.

For me it goes like this:

Wrath>MoP>Cata>Vanilla>BC

BC started out great with Karazhan, which was the perfect difficulty and a lot of fun but gradually degraded into the huge mistake known as the Sunwell. Even Kael was too hard for too many people. It became far too exclusive towards the end.
    Desktop ------------------------------- Laptop- Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics
    AMD RX 6600XT GPU -------------------AMD Radeon RX 6800S discrete graphics
    16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM ----------------16 GB DDR5-4800 RAM
    1 TB WD Black SN770 NVMe SSD ------1 TB WD Black SN850 NVMe SSD

Deleted
    2 things that made cataclysm suck in my eyes:
    1. Deathwings potential somewhat wasted. I never got the feeling he is strong.
    2. New talent trees. I am too much of a conservatist to accept the removal of old talent trees
    These didn't affect my gameplay thru expansion much, so I didn't feel that bad about cataclysm. I absolutely loved the questing (although I hated vashj'ir because of, come on: underwater in wow is shit.

Deleted
    I actually enjoy on Dragon soul only bad thing there was that the insance was too short
    In the other side was first tier with all these adds everywhere (same is now in SoO)

Deleted
    the new system was introduced with cata that's why everyone found it bad