Semi new to disc

Hey I've been gearing up my alt disc for a few weeks now... I don't have WOL but just wondering if this seems about right for my HPS on Garrosh.

Armoury link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...catalia/simple

Garrosh Flex 14 man, had three healers.
    Me: 64m heals(122.2kHPS)
    RDruid: 55m heals (106kHPS)
    RShaman: 51m heals (98.4kHPS)

Heal breakdown:
    1. Divine Aegis: 18.5m heals, Average heal 86k, 6.3% overheals (29% total healing)
    2. Divine Star: 13.5 heals, average heal 30k, 54% overheals (21% total healing)
    3. Atonement: 11.4m heals, average heal 27k, 21.8% overheals (18% total healing)
    4. Spirit shell 8.7m heals, Average heal 124k, 1.5% overheals (14% total healing)
    5. Prayer of Mending: 3.7m heals, average heal 60k, 18% overheals (6% total healing)
    6. Prayer of Healing: 3.50m heals, average heal 31k, 49% overheals (5% total healing)
    7. PWS: 3.3m heals, average heal 250k, 3.6% overheals (5% total healing)

49% uptime on Archangel
    397k mana return from Mindbender
    124k mana return from rapture
    80k mana return from Hymn of Hope.

Thank you in advance.

- - - Updated - - -

pls respond

Am I missing something? Why do you have expertise enchant on your gloves, those are definitely the healing tier gloves (while having no weapon enchant or bracer enchant)?

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Got the basics right, just sort your gear out and go from there.

I'm guessing you were shadow before? You have the shadow legs. But yea you seem to be doing the right things, just need to fix your gear, which obviously you are doing.

I assume the expertise enchant was an accident :P

Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    Am I missing something? Why do you have expertise enchant on your gloves, those are definitely the healing tier gloves (while having no weapon enchant or bracer enchant)?
    LOL I didn't even notice this. I'm not sure why I have expertise on, I must have clicked the wrong scroll. I sell enchants and have dozens in my bags. Thanks for pointing it out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fefina View Post
    I'm guessing you were shadow before? You have the shadow legs. But yea you seem to be doing the right things, just need to fix your gear, which obviously you are doing.

I assume the expertise enchant was an accident :P
    Read on howtopriest.com that shadow legs are BIS for disc. I'm mainspec disc, but I get luckier with my shadow drops.. Gear is currently kind of like a mixture between the two, I'm working to get two full discrete sets. And yeah the expertise was a mistake :P

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Shadow legs certainly have the BiS stats for disc, so nothing wrong in using those, but for me the BiS tier to use are mantle and legs for disc.

But as for the allocation of my heals it all seems pretty good? PWS could be a bit higher, I dont always squeeze in every rapture usage. Im working on it

Quote Originally Posted by Hypasonic View Post
    Shadow legs certainly have the BiS stats for disc, so nothing wrong in using those, but for me the BiS tier to use are mantle and legs for disc.
    BiS tier is chest and legs for disc as you want the helm from immerses, shoulders from noru and gloves from seigecrafter as legs and chest don't supply you with the ideal stats for disc anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    BiS tier is chest and legs for disc as you want the helm from immerses, shoulders from noru and gloves from seigecrafter as legs and chest don't supply you with the ideal stats for disc anyway.
    O.o.. So the crit/mastery chest from Thok is not ideal for disc?

The slots where you 'waste' the least stats to spirit from the set pieces is shoulder and legs. Taking into consideration gem sockets and the amount of stats given to various inventory slots, getting non-set pieces for chest(Thok), hands(Siegecrafter) and head(Immerseus) will be BiS. If you're interested, I compared to gains and losses from your proposed BiS and mine, hhere http://wowhead.com/compare?items=105...90:81:55:45:30

Quote Originally Posted by Aparthia View Post
    O.o.. So the crit/mastery chest from Thok is not ideal for disc?

The slots where you 'waste' the least stats to spirit from the set pieces is shoulder and legs. Taking into consideration gem sockets and the amount of stats given to various inventory slots, getting non-set pieces for chest(Thok), hands(Siegecrafter) and head(Immerseus) will be BiS. If you're interested, I compared to gains and losses from your proposed BiS and mine, hhere http://wowhead.com/compare?items=105...90:81:55:45:30
    i forgot about the thok chest but you would still have to have it drop HC WF anyway so unless you already have the pieces and they are already upgraded then its a matter of what gear you actually have, the differences at this point would be so minimal you wouldn't even notice anyway.

Replacing every hcwf item with normal hc makes the difference smaller, but the hands/head/chest off-pieces are still ahead: http://wowhead.com/compare?items=993...90:81:55:45:30

But the difference is as you say minimal.

Yes the immerseus hat, thok chest, and siege gloves are BiS.

Deleted
    I think the point about the tier/non-tier is that out of head, shoulders, chest, gloves, legs you want at least 2 of those to be tier, otherwise you want the crit/mastery pieces with the best ilevel in others, so basically:

Piece Head Shoulder Chest Gloves Legs
    Set Ternion Hood (Spi/Mast) Ternion Shoulder (Spi/Mast) Ternion Chest (Spi/Mast) Ternion Gloves (Spi/Mast) Ternion Heal Legs (Spi Mast)
    OffPiece Hood of Swirling Senses - Immerseus (Crit/Mast) Rime-Rift Shoulders - Norushen (Crit/Mast) Akol'ik's Acid-Soaked Robe - Thok (Crit/Mast) Fusespark Gloves - Siegecrafter (Crit/Mast) Ternion Shadow Legs - (Crit/Mast)

So for BiS you want whatever 2 you can get from the first row, and whatever best you can get from the 2nd row for the others. I hope that makes it easier to understand.

Back on topic does it look like I'm actually using the right heals?

Deleted
    Without a log it's difficult to tell. My spirit shell usage is normally much higher and I tend to shield much more. Would you be able to perhaps explain what spells you plan to use strategically at different points of the fight? That would be more useful. Disc is not so much about what spells to use, but when to use them.

Quote Originally Posted by Deleze View Post
    Without a log it's difficult to tell. My spirit shell usage is normally much higher and I tend to shield much more. Would you be able to perhaps explain what spells you plan to use strategically at different points of the fight? That would be more useful. Disc is not so much about what spells to use, but when to use them.
    Basically periods of light damage I use atonement, for P1 desecrate I send a divine star through the group 15 seconds before desecrate, and then keep up the aegis with a POH on each group. I'll get a POM out for desecrate and then use divine star again during POM. For iron stars I'll just prep the group with a spirit shell, and divine star after iron star pops... Things like that. I love divine star. For whirling corruption I'll get a bubble out on the raid, have Pom and spirit shell up and divine star during it