Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

PvE Gear so much stronger in world :C

So just got twoshot by Afflock in Timeless Isle. (621k HP, Trinket resilience Bonus, died from just SoulSwap and Haunt while riding by)

There have always been cases with a PvE Gear being BiS for PvP Content, but it was more like a single Trinket, or a Legendary Weapon for some classes which was one or a few Items which were better, but right now every upgraded heroic Item in all slots is vastly superior to PvP gear so that Raiders are exponentially stronger. #Rant
    Capitalism, Ho!

It's true, but apparent from ranting there's not much we can do until WoD. I miss the days of beating down PvE noobs, but these days I fear them because they just global you with no skill involved.

We're all going to make it, brah.

What are you talking about. In 550 Ilvl pvp gear my mage will stomp most pve players that try to gank me
    Quote Originally Posted by Egzis View Post
    I swear, if vanilla was released right now with updated graphics, it would be the laughing stock of the decade.
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    This whole thread explains in a pretty nice manner how can Beliebers exist.

Quote Originally Posted by tauntor View Post
    What are you talking about. In 550 Ilvl pvp gear my mage will stomp most pve players that try to gank me
    A fully geared dps warrior with 700 - 800 hp will throw you from Timeless Isle to Kalimdor np.

Nah Heroic Raiders aren't noobs, it definitely takes skill. Some may say it doesn't because with extra ItemUpgrades 2% of all players will now kill Garrosh HC, up from 1%, but I personally still believe it still requires skill. What it doesn't require, though, is doing PvP.

I believe that PvP-related activities should reward the best Gear for PvP, not Raiding.
    Capitalism, Ho!

I killed some ganking Ilevel 578 frost DK with a friend's Ilevel 522 pvp gear warr, if you prepare properly you can kill most people on isle, easily in prideful gear.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

It is a fact that is pretty well known. It should not be surprising that people using gear ranging between ilvl569-588 (616 cloak) can outclass players using ilvl550. If resilience wasn't baseline then it would be a different story. If you beat someone in 580 gear using 522 gear it's simply because the person you played against is shit, didn't know what they were doing, were not prepared for the battle, were afk.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2014-06-06 at 04:42 PM.
    I7 2600k @4.5ghz : 16GB DDR3 : GTX670 : Firestudio : Naga : G27

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    It is a fact that is pretty well known. It should not be surprising that people using gear ranging between ilvl569-588 (616 cloak) can outclass players using ilvl550. If resilience wasn't baseline then it would be a different story. If you beat someone in 580 gear using 522 gear it's simply because the person you played against is shit, didn't know what they were doing, were not prepared for the battle, were afk.
    Or it's the fact that I've played for hundreds of hours on Timeless Isle and know every trick in the book. Just as you he underestimated the "bad geared" warrior and probably didn't even pay attention to the black ash while relying on his personal healer to save him. I think someone with 20k achievement points have some idea what they're doing tbh.

Now that I think about it I might have gotten the DK to like 25% and killed his ~572 healer, still pretty good tho.
    -snip- That's him, just had to check top DK achieves
    Last edited by Nicola; 2014-06-09 at 02:34 PM.
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    Or it's the fact that I've played for hundreds of hours on Timeless Isle and know every trick in the book. Just as you he underestimated the "bad geared" warrior and probably didn't even pay attention to the black ash while relying on his personal healer to save him. I think someone with 20k achievement points have some idea what they're doing tbh.

Now that I think about it I might have gotten the DK to like 25% and killed his ~572 healer, still pretty good tho.
    The point is though, you beat the player and not the gear. If you had been up against a player who knew what he/she was doing you would get absolutely crushed vs higher level gear. Nobody is saying you can't beat other players with higher item lvl gear, but it's definitely true that in World PvP high ilvl PVE gear is vastly superior to Prideful PVP gear.

People say you can't win BG's in Grievious vs Prideful players, but that is a load of rubbish as it happens all the time. You can't beat them if the teams are fairly well balanced on player skill though, for obvious reasons.
    I7 2600k @4.5ghz : 16GB DDR3 : GTX670 : Firestudio : Naga : G27

Dear science lords, nobody cares if you can beat some random players, has NOTHING to do with the conversastion.
    Are you really that in need of attention, that you even need to link his armory profile?

The point is that pvers have a gear advantage, they do.
    A good pvper can have pve gear too you know. So the whole "well you can beat pvers easily anyway because they suck at pvp" doesn't really hold ground.

You can have PvP gear or you can have a raid tier. Looks like the players have spoken, just like they did with Azeroth Choppers and the Horde bike winning. Enjoy the lull until WoD. Or not.

PvE gear have always been better in open world PvP, especially for DPS. That will change in WoD anyway so what is the reason for this thread?

Quote Originally Posted by glowzone View Post
    Dear science lords, nobody cares if you can beat some random players, has NOTHING to do with the conversastion.
    Are you really that in need of attention, that you even need to link his armory profile?

The point is that pvers have a gear advantage, they do.
    A good pvper can have pve gear too you know. So the whole "well you can beat pvers easily anyway because they suck at pvp" doesn't really hold ground.
    And my point was that if you prepare well enough you can beat people with better gear, definitely if you have prideful. They're fixing it so PvP gear is better/equal in WoD but for now you can overcome it with preparation. Perhaps many people here who complain about the importance of gear over skill aren't as skilled as they think they are or underestimate the skill of raiders?

Quote Originally Posted by rauta View Post
    PvE gear have always been better in open world PvP, especially for DPS. That will change in WoD anyway so what is the reason for this thread?

You dont know what you are talking about. This is the first time pvp gear wasnt the best in world pvp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Egzis View Post
    I swear, if vanilla was released right now with updated graphics, it would be the laughing stock of the decade.
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    This whole thread explains in a pretty nice manner how can Beliebers exist.

And my point was that if you prepare well enough you can beat people with better gear, definitely if you have prideful. They're fixing it so PvP gear is better/equal in WoD but for now you can overcome it with preparation. Perhaps many people here who complain about the importance of gear over skill aren't as skilled as they think they are or underestimate the skill of raiders?
    Ow c'mon man, work with me here.

Skilled pvper fights skilled pvper.
    One pvper has pvp gear, the other has pve gear.

The one with pve gear will win, if they are equally skilled.
    Is it really that hard to grasp that some people have a problem with that idea?

And so what if some people aren't as skilled, if a not so skilled pvper fights a not so skilled raider, the raider STILL has the gear advantage.
    This discussion has nothing to do with how skilled you are, it's just dumb that raiding gear is better in pvp thene pvp gear.

Personally, it doesn't bug me, it'll be fixed next expansion.
    But you attitude that skill can fix everything is just not helping the conversastion.

Thene again I don't know why there's a conversation, it's not going to be fixed this expansion.
    Last edited by glowzone; 2014-06-06 at 07:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tauntor View Post
    You dont know what you are talking about. This is the first time pvp gear wasnt the best in world pvp.
    Wha? PvP Gear was always bad as long as I can remember: Started in Cata and the PvP 4piece and weapons were inferior to the Legendary Staff or Rogue Daggers as well as Dragon Soul Weapons ahd higher ilvl than their PvP counterparts and strong proc-effects instead of just stats.

Before Cata I did not play but from hearsay there was Ahn Qiraj Gear which just globalled people (not swifty Macro, jsut one ability deal more damage than some people had HP)

In between Vanilla and now there seems to have been a "resilience will fix it" joke - joke because it did not actually fix it as far as I can tell.

And now we have world PvP where Raiders can twoshot people, up from Global. That was the improvement of nine years, and the announced changes for WoD about PvP gear being the best for PvP sound promising, but so did other changes and I am not convinced that this will work out, nor do I want to Raid for getting PvP gear again with all the announcements about having to stand still for casting, and the Developers talking about giving players plenty of opportunity to just stand still and cast which appears lame and unfun to me in the context of other games such as Wildstar having fun doublejumps and plenty of movement on top of the rotational abilities.

Saiyonara.
    Capitalism, Ho!

Sorry bro, but the guy you were against was completely terrible. I could kill a 522 warrior in a few seconds on my hunter.

remove the players look at the gear.

PVE gear > the PVP gear

all players have base resilience so you just need to look at max dps potential and PvE gear has the potential for higher DPS clearly.

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Sorry bro, but the guy you were against was completely terrible. I could kill a 522 warrior in a few seconds on my hunter.
    Yeah well that's more about hunters being to warriors what scissors is to paper.

Yeah well that's more about hunters being to warriors what scissors is to paper.
    No, that's not the point at all. It's that a heroic raider with any idea would kill a 522 player in seconds.