Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by artem123 View Post
    Vanilla? legendaries most expacs too
    Legendaries weren't as popular or as easy to get as they are now in MoP. Very few people actually had them. And they were class specific back then.
    Last edited by Winter Blossom; 2014-06-09 at 02:40 PM.

Wasnt he just using the Chi-Ji buff and all of the other Timeless Isle buffs.. The Chi-Ji buff gives almost a constant BL/TW/Heroism, 100% crit, and lots of mastery. That has nothing to do with gear. Add 5% stat increase from apples or whatever and a proc from Book of Ages and Singing Crystal and tadaa, you can kill everyone. He even could have used drums of kings to add more damage.

Move away from the timeless isle, and PvP gear once again wins. Silly rant.

Quote Originally Posted by Nohara View Post
    Move away from the timeless isle, and PvP gear once again wins. Silly rant.
    No.....no way does it win. At all.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Doubt it, especially now that you can upgrade your items another two more times.

- - - Updated - - -

This is really the first time that PvE gear was better for World PvP. Not to mention that giving everyone base resilience didn't help.
    No, its not pve trinkets and weapons have always been better then their pvp counterparts. 4 piece set bonuses have also been fucking silly at points. Every legendary has been bis outside of that one bow from Sun well. Pve gear has been abused in arena/world pvp every expansion and they finally got around to fixing that issue in mist.
    Last edited by Deviant; 2014-06-09 at 08:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fincher View Post
    There have always been cases with a PvE Gear being BiS for PvP Content, but it was more like a single Trinket, or a Legendary Weapon for some classes which was one or a few Items which were better
    Actually, during S7 and S8 you could see Warriors playing from full PVE gear to a lot of pieces depending on the comp... Personally I used to play with 500~ resilience when Wrathful could give you 1400~... Armor Penetration was simply too good to use pvp pieces.
    "Haste will fix it" - Ghostcrawler

maby if pvp gear wasn't so easy to get. getting 550 pvp gear requires just a couple hours of grinding(every week) with 2 people.
    and doing 1 rbg a week.

pve gear at least requires getting at least 10 people to progress for hours and hope that your gear drops.

it takes way more effort to get geared out in pve.

not to say that pvp players have no skill. but that it takes much less effort to get pvp gear. Most player that are heroic gear probly have some experence in pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Aryah View Post
    It's true, but apparent from ranting there's not much we can do until WoD. I miss the days of beating down PvE noobs, but these days I fear them because they just global you with no skill involved.

We're all going to make it, brah.
    Okay okay. Look I also agree that PvE gear should be for PvE and PvP for PvP... but... Do you see the irony in your statement?

Back when PvP gear was much better for world PvP, you could roflstomp PvEers because they just couldn't get through the resilience. There was zero skill involved in killing PvE geared folks...but yeah... that is sooo skillful and pro, killing helpness nubs. Now that the roles are reversed...you QQ. Common.

Anyways it's been an age old adage of PvPers. PvE is sooo easy. (SoO normal is really easy at this point) what stopping you from gearing from it? Hc requires a bit of effort, you can be 10/14 HC with 8 hours of raiding a week. Easy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DrArtorius View Post
    Actually, during S7 and S8 you could see Warriors playing from full PVE gear to a lot of pieces depending on the comp... Personally I used to play with 500~ resilience when Wrathful could give you 1400~... Armor Penetration was simply too good to use pvp pieces.
    S8 you could cap Armor pen from trinkets (Deathbringer/Halion trinkets) and weapon and gemming alone, ah yes and the ICC proc ring. You could run at about 900 or so Resilience and 100% ArP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    Sexual assault is not always rape.
    *slowclap*
    Woman rapes a guy, gives birth to child and has custody of the child.
    I don't see why you should take the child from the woman unless she abuses it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post

S8 you could cap Armor pen from trinkets (Deathbringer/Halion trinkets) and weapon and gemming alone, ah yes and the ICC proc ring. You could run at about 900 or so Resilience and 100% ArP.
    You could cap with 900 if you used the pvp mace for the 15% passive I believe, but Axes used to give you 5% crit... Considering that we could use some Agi off sets also, you could get to 50%+ crit and 100% arp... Which was completely ridiculous.
    "Haste will fix it" - Ghostcrawler

Okay okay. Look I also agree that PvE gear should be for PvE and PvP for PvP... but... Do you see the irony in your statement?

Back when PvP gear was much better for world PvP, you could roflstomp PvEers because they just couldn't get through the resilience. There was zero skill involved in killing PvE geared folks...but yeah... that is sooo skillful and pro, killing helpness nubs. Now that the roles are reversed...you QQ. Common.

Anyways it's been an age old adage of PvPers. PvE is sooo easy. (SoO normal is really easy at this point) what stopping you from gearing from it? Hc requires a bit of effort, you can be 10/14 HC with 8 hours of raiding a week. Easy.

- - - Updated - - -

I have to invest in an aspect of wow I don't care about for 8 hours a week to get gear that wasn't designed for killing other players. Pvers on the other can do there favorite content and just win at both... We QQ because geared designed to kill other players is worse then gear designed to kill target dummies which is a valid complaint. No it wasn't some pvp pieces were better in wotlk not all of them. Icc launched with some retarded trinkets and that op ring with the proc.

If you knew how to play pve gear was nothing but a damage boost outside of arenas. Wotlk 1v1 was the most skill based this game has ever been. Arena other hand was fucking retarded but not gonna go there.
    Last edited by Deviant; 2014-06-09 at 11:35 PM.

In addition to the gear mentioned by others, the Dragon Soul trinkets and weapons were a bit ridiculous in PvP, with Vial and Gurthalak(?) being the worst offenders. Fortunately, Blizzard figured out that Vial was too OP so they changed the proc in PvP to trigger more often, but for less damage.

Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Imagine if PvP gear was better than PvE gear for PvE PvP gear doesn't have to be tons better, but it's just silly atm.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Quote Originally Posted by tauntor View Post
    What are you talking about. In 550 Ilvl pvp gear my mage will stomp most pve players that try to gank me
    this isnt even slightly true

ahh i remember back when we had just cleared BT and i had pretty high end gear on my lock, and shadowbolt critted enough one oneshot practicly anyone who was not tank miss those days

on topic last season i was fully geared within weeks, and i went to timeless and tried to farm some bloody coins, came up on a 50% hped boomie, who just turned and LOLOLOL and i was dead within secounds! (mind you he was in top 10 guild in the world) but its still disgusting, pvp gear SHOULD beat pve gear in PVP no matter if its world or battlegrounds, damnit blizzard! get ya finga outta ya azz

Quote Originally Posted by Deviant View Post
    I have to invest in an aspect of wow I don't care about for 8 hours a week to get gear that wasn't designed for killing other players. Pvers on the other can do there favorite content and just win at both... We QQ because geared designed to kill other players is worse then gear designed to kill target dummies which is a valid complaint. No it wasn't some pvp pieces were better in wotlk not all of them. Icc launched with some retarded trinkets and that op ring with the proc.

If you knew how to play pve gear was nothing but a damage boost outside of arenas. Wotlk 1v1 was the most skill based this game has ever been. Arena other hand was fucking retarded but not gonna go there.
    False comparison. PvP gear is crap in PvE raiding content. PvE gear is crap in BG's/Arena/RBG which is PvP content. The open world is neither PvP nor PvE, it has aspects of both. It is also not balanced as recently dinged 300k hp players inhabit the same space as Grevious/HC geared players.

WotLK PvP was certainly better then current PvP, but the idea that 1v1 was skill based or balanced is laughable. Death Knights could shit on anyone, Mages were immortal, Paladins could one shot anyone for half the expansion, Feral bleeds were hilariously overpowered. Semi competent Hunters could shit on almost anyone. Towards the end of the expansion Shadow Priests became demigods they could solo multiple people in the same time. Disc was doing more dps then many dps specs etc.
    Last edited by Mihalik; 2014-06-10 at 05:15 PM.
    Sexual assault is not always rape.
    *slowclap*
    Woman rapes a guy, gives birth to child and has custody of the child.
    I don't see why you should take the child from the woman unless she abuses it.

Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    I think someone with 20k achievement points have some idea what they're doing tbh.
    lol. /10chars

False comparison. PvP gear is crap in PvE raiding content. PvE gear is crap in BG's/Arena/RBG which is PvP content. The open world is neither PvP nor PvE, it has aspects of both. It is also not balanced as recently dinged 300k hp players inhabit the same space as Grevious/HC geared players.

WotLK PvP was certainly better then current PvP, but the idea that 1v1 was skill based or balanced is laughable. Death Knights could shit on anyone, Mages were immortal, Paladins could one shot anyone for half the expansion, Feral bleeds were hilariously overpowered. Semi competent Hunters could shit on almost anyone. Towards the end of the expansion Shadow Priests became demigods they could solo multiple people in the same time. Disc was doing more dps then many dps specs etc.
    It not balanced but when fighting another player gear designed with pvp in mind shouldn't be worse then gear that isn't. At the very least they should be equal which is not the case. Shadow Priest could solo multiple people if they were shit. There was always a way around broken mechanics in s8. Hunter were countered by shadow priest but if they could maintain there 41 yard range. The priest couldn't do anything. Death knights were countered by hunters as well it just required the hunter knew his class unlike live. The only spec that was outright bad was balance because I don't ever see any on the at honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by Fincher View Post
    Nah Heroic Raiders aren't noobs, it definitely takes skill. Some may say it doesn't because with extra ItemUpgrades 2% of all players will now kill Garrosh HC, up from 1%, but I personally still believe it still requires skill. What it doesn't require, though, is doing PvP.

I believe that PvP-related activities should reward the best Gear for PvP, not Raiding.
    I don't really agree, but I think everyone can agree that PvE players do not deserve the edge that they have in Open World PvP at the moment. The gear situation was so much less complicated when PvP gear and PvE gear were similar in ilvl and only had resilience on them -________-

The entire goddamn thing is so contrived. At the start of the expansion I was complaining about their roundabout way of addressing the problem of PvE gear in PvP and asked "why can't you just make PvE gear useless in Arena instead of adding PvP Power?" I mean, maybe it's just me... But that seemed easier than giving every player resilience regardless of equipment and then going and making trinkets like Evil Eye of Galakras useless in BGs and Arena anyway.

I don't think EEoG even got any compensation in PvP, it was just left a broken piece of shit lol
    they say that doors open up soon as you find the missing key
    that’s probably why I’m in this bitch shining
    jump up in the sky and put the stars into alignment
    I rep the ATF in case you need to be reminded
    and the bandwagon's full but you can try an' run behind it

What are you people talking about? Pvp gear IS better then pve gear atm, no outside buffs given a pvp geared person will cursh a pve geared one, the more then 50% more damage and healing and the 10% less damage taken more then make up for the ilvl difference.

You cant just go "oh i got oneshot on timeless isle, pve gear so op", there are tons of buffs in play there that can change a whole lot, you can literally stack so many dps buffs that your damage will go thought the roof and that you are pretty much unbeatable (probably around a 60-80% damage increase), however a pvp geared play with those buffs will be even better.

Quote Originally Posted by Crruor View Post
    What are you people talking about? Pvp gear IS better then pve gear atm, no outside buffs given a pvp geared person will cursh a pve geared one, the more then 50% more damage and healing and the 10% less damage taken more then make up for the ilvl difference.

You cant just go "oh i got oneshot on timeless isle, pve gear so op", there are tons of buffs in play there that can change a whole lot, you can literally stack so many dps buffs that your damage will go thought the roof and that you are pretty much unbeatable (probably around a 60-80% damage increase), however a pvp geared play with those buffs will be even better.
    I'm not sure if these posts are a huge joke that I'm not in on..

A PvE geared player will absolutely faceroll a full Prideful PvPer in the world, 550 vs 584+ HMM, I WONDER. There is no BUT I'M UBER RANK 1 GLADIATOR, you can't do shit because you're dead in seconds. If you did beat someone, grats, the person you were against was mentally disabled. That's how big the gap is between the gear, it's ridiculous and stupid, Blizzard should be ashamed. Sure, this is world PvP so it's not major, but to have it be SO much better is a joke no matter where it is.

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    I'm not sure if these posts are a huge joke that I'm not in on..

A PvE geared player will absolutely faceroll a full Prideful PvPer in the world, 550 vs 584+ HMM, I WONDER. There is no BUT I'M UBER RANK 1 GLADIATOR, you can't do shit because you're dead in seconds. If you did beat someone, grats, the person you were against was mentally disabled. That's how big the gap is between the gear, it's ridiculous and stupid, Blizzard should be ashamed. Sure, this is world PvP so it's not major, but to have it be SO much better is a joke no matter where it is.
    Its a 34ilvl gap, its not worth over 60% more damage with 10% less damage taken.