Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I highly doubt this actually happened the way OP describes it
    --
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Toy Train Set has been temporarily disabled.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    I highly doubt this actually happened the way OP describes it
    You think someone would do that, going on the Internet and tell lies?

I asked in Warlock thread and someone confirmed it, also posted Youtoob Video.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMAsdUNG4Q8

He had no Timeless buffs btw. PvE Gear = much faster killing than my measy PvP 550 shite.
    Capitalism, Ho!

You cant make PvP Gear stronger in this Expansion.

PvE has four (4) different levels (LFR/Flex/Normal/Heroic), including Warforged (+8) and Upgrades (+16) while PvP has one (1) (Conquest points) & no upgrades.

Unless you... well I dont want an infraction. Lets see... unless you never finished the 2nd Grade, you see how PvP Gear cant be better in this Expansion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    For more overused and misunderstood terminology in MMOs, see: Pay to Win, Casual, Hardcore, Carrot on a Stick, Ganking, Trolling

Quote Originally Posted by Yindoo View Post

PvE has four (4) different levels (LFR/Flex/Normal/Heroic), including Warforged (+8) and Upgrades (+16) while PvP has one (1) (Conquest points) & no upgrades.

Unless you... well I dont want an infraction. Lets see... unless you never finished the 2nd Grade, you see how PvP Gear cant be better in this Expansion.
    There's honor and there's conquest, that's 2. Next expansion will also have 2 but much stronger compared to PvE gear, I.E. the amount of different levels is irrelevant.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Earlier In this post I said my mage in full 550 gear was fine against PVE geared players. I have since dont some dueling against the best geared players I could find. All were Almost full heroic warforged or close to it. I was utterly destroyed. Destro was probably the worst as he 3-4 shot me without chaos bolt. During a few duels I was killed before I got a global just to ice block.
    Quote Originally Posted by Egzis View Post
    I swear, if vanilla was released right now with updated graphics, it would be the laughing stock of the decade.
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    This whole thread explains in a pretty nice manner how can Beliebers exist.

Should make PvP power only calculate damage/healing on players and not at all on NPCs

Inversely agil/int/str should only calculate damage healing on NPCs and not at all on players.

Would have to remove agil/str/int from PvP gear as well.

Problem solved. Gear is only good for its respective role.
    Last edited by Starsinn; 2014-06-17 at 05:32 PM.
    Being constructive feels good. You should try it.

Quote Originally Posted by Yindoo View Post

How is the amount of different PvE Gear levels relevant to PvP gear efficiency? PvP Gear even was once strong, at Mists Launch. There is literally nothing which stops the Developers from tweaking some Numbers and, say, remove some base Resilience again and transfer it to PvP Gear so PvP Balance will be unchanged while PvP Gear becomes stronger again, or extend that instanced PvE Gear downleveling to the World, or doing something completely different which would make PvP Gear superior for PvP. Blizzard has earned no less than ~~11 Billions(Wikipedia) on WoW then there *must* be some way to hire competent Developers which can solve this. Now.
    Capitalism, Ho!

Quote Originally Posted by Starsinn View Post
    Should make PvP power only calculate damage/healing on players and not at all on NPCs

Inversely agil/int/str should only calculate damage healing on NPCs and not at all on players.

Would have to remove agil/str/int from PvP gear as well.

Problem solved. Gear is only good for its respective role.
    Yeah no, problem not solved. How can anyone start getting PvP gear if they're completely worthless with PvE gear?

The best pve gear has more potential in the world then the best pvp gear. I don't see why this is still being debated. In WoD (The current focus of developers) They are adjusting this to give the best PvP gear the advantage in world PvP. I honestly don't see why this is still debated. The fundamental changes they have planned for WoD that will bring about this are not simple they wont be added in some hot fix. Discussing drastic changes outside of what they have planned as some kind of short term fix just seems crazy to me. Most pvp servers faction ratio's are one sided so the world PvP that comes to mind is Censures on timeless isle. non censured player can use 3 very large item buffs that censured players can not. They can also gain another HUGE buff from the shrines. A player in full pvp gear with these buffs should do fine against a censured full pve'd gear player I would say they are pretty even.

Related to this thread but I recently chased down and killed a WW Monk with his coin buff up on the Timeless isle, on a PVE server. He raged at me beginning with a massive laugh "HAHAHAH" in caps to bandage his ego. Then he proceeded to lose his temper about the fact that I killed him with PVE gear, and blabbered something about how PVP Power (on his prideful weapons) doesn't work in the open world, threw a few insults and then put me on ignore before I could reply.

Why do people even bother putting themselves into a PVP situation if they aren't prepared to come up against decent geared people? My Warrior is only at 559 Ilvl with an upgraded Flex weapon so we're not talking serious business here, we're talking about a slacking casual with a cloak and a few raid drops. Truthfully I only killed him because he tried to run away instead of fight, he'd have probably killed me.

I do think that sometimes it's really the case that PVP'ers are making excuses when there isn't a genuine case? I also have a 540 geared PVP Warrior and though I'd never stand a chance against a Heroic Geared PVE'er in the open world, I kill PVE geared guys all the time and mostly because they have no idea what to do in a PVP situation, and I'm fairly certain my 540 PVP Warrior could kill my 559 PVE Warrior.
    I7 2600k @4.5ghz : 16GB DDR3 : GTX670 : Firestudio : Naga : G27

Quote Originally Posted by Fincher View Post
    Nah Heroic Raiders aren't noobs, it definitely takes skill. Some may say it doesn't because with extra ItemUpgrades 2% of all players will now kill Garrosh HC, up from 1%, but I personally still believe it still requires skill. What it doesn't require, though, is doing PvP.

I believe that PvP-related activities should reward the best Gear for PvP, not Raiding.

Ive seen plenty of keyboard clickers in end game raiding gear over the years. Ive rarely seen a good pvper that was one.

Most people think they got owned by "gear" when in fact someone with full isle buffs (namely Chi-Ji or Yulon) blew them up.

550pvp gear imo is about as good as 575-580 pve gear. Sure the random 14/14 with 580++ gear has an advantage but with smart play you can get around that.

Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Ive seen plenty of keyboard clickers in end game raiding gear over the years. Ive rarely seen a good pvper that was one.
    Yes because not every retard that does their weekly 1100MMR arenas is in full 550s right now?

Heroic pve gear from the first 8-10 bosses in SoO means that you show up to raid every week not that you are any good at all.

Quote Originally Posted by gend View Post
    550pvp gear imo is about as good as 575-580 pve gear. Sure the random 14/14 with 580++ gear has an advantage but with smart play you can get around that.
    How do you figure that?

Quote Originally Posted by Fincher View Post
    How is the amount of different PvE Gear levels relevant to PvP gear efficiency? PvP Gear even was once strong, at Mists Launch. There is literally nothing which stops the Developers from tweaking some Numbers and, say, remove some base Resilience again and transfer it to PvP Gear so PvP Balance will be unchanged while PvP Gear becomes stronger again, or extend that instanced PvE Gear downleveling to the World, or doing something completely different which would make PvP Gear superior for PvP. Blizzard has earned no less than ~~11 Billions(Wikipedia) on WoW then there *must* be some way to hire competent Developers which can solve this. Now.
    I remember 483 PvP Gear being strong versus 502/509/516, later 510/517/524 PvE Gear @ MoP Start.

Oh wait. It was only "okisch" because new expansion.
    Last edited by Yindoo; 2014-06-19 at 06:58 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    For more overused and misunderstood terminology in MMOs, see: Pay to Win, Casual, Hardcore, Carrot on a Stick, Ganking, Trolling

Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    And my point was that if you prepare well enough you can beat people with better gear, definitely if you have prideful. They're fixing it so PvP gear is better/equal in WoD but for now you can overcome it with preparation. Perhaps many people here who complain about the importance of gear over skill aren't as skilled as they think they are or underestimate the skill of raiders?
    The thing is though, that you can't prepare jack shit, if a 588 geared player suddenly jumps you. Lets face it, people on the TI are rarely "fair" and they don't really give you a chance to prepare.

I was farming coins on my 588 Feral Druid and suddenly I was jumped by 2 Hunters and a 3rd came shortly after. I demolished all 3 of them and I really suck at Feral PvP. No skill tbh, just my gear carrying me.

It is the reason I don't step foot in TB or WG. A warlock with a million health critting me with incinerates for 200k? please.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gend View Post
    550pvp gear imo is about as good as 575-580 pve gear.
    That is not true at all. 575+ geared will do MUCH more damage than 550 pvp geared out in the open world, especially once those pve trinkets/legendary cloak proc. And not only is the damage gap huge, 575+ has a ton more health than 550.

my pve gear (589) doesnt even come close to full prideful(550) on the isle. the numbers you can pull on people are ridiculous, let alone if you pick up buffs like the +25% dmg

the only way "world pvp balance" would work is if they phase everything outside arenas to fixed stats, which wouldn't make much sense.

the only real balance is that pvers with gear 1) dont care if they die to someone 2) are pretty bad pvp

Quote Originally Posted by Crruor View Post
    Its a 34ilvl gap, its not worth over 60% more damage with 10% less damage taken.
    haha do you even know what 34 ilvl means ?

Best thing to do is to have a combination. Some PVE gears are BIS for WPVP. Others are still less superior than PVP gear.

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Chalupa View Post
    Best thing to do is to have a combination. Some PVE gears are BIS for WPVP. Others are still less superior than PVP gear.
    Like what? what piece of pvp would you prefer over an upgraded (warforged) heroic piece? the only thing I could possibly imagine is a medallion, but I'd still go with the upgraded heroic pve trinket for the damage.