are curse sites slow?

Hey!
    as the titles say, are curse sites slow loading or what? they are always very slow for me, diablofans, mmo champ, curse.com etc they all load slow.
    And also before anyone aks, NO, i dont have a slow internet

Will just move this to Suggestions and Feedback, though this most likely is due to the DDoS protection but I am not a wise man about that so you get a chance to poke to the smarter ones.

- Gehco
    If you disapprove of moderation, seek an Admin or Global Moderator.
    Stuff can be fixed, just get enough glue or duct tape!
    R.I.P Project 'Titan' - My curious mind will still think of you!

Depends on what you mean by slow, but I'm going to guess it's probably the massive amount of ads that envelop almost half of every page.

Use Adblock, or don't.
    I'm mean because you're stupid.

It is rather slow compared to other websites even without ads. Either slow servers or just a lot of traffic, I'm guessing a bit of both...probably more the traffic though. I doubt there is a lot of downtime to activity on curse websites.

Quote Originally Posted by IRunSoFarAway View Post
    Depends on what you mean by slow, but I'm going to guess it's probably the massive amount of ads that envelop almost half of every page.

Use Adblock, or don't.
    That's just not true. I don't use Adblock on these sites and there's no add on half the page. It's just a very decent ad banner. Also there's nothing slow

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    It is rather slow compared to other websites even without ads. Either slow servers or just a lot of traffic, I'm guessing a bit of both...probably more the traffic though. I doubt there is a lot of downtime to activity on curse websites.
    Every page I believe passes through Cloudflare for DDos protection so it might be on their end. I know occasionally I'll get the screen showing the connection. Mind you, this is all personal experience. I'll send a message and see if it might be connected to that or if it's something on Curse's end.

Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    That's just not true. I don't use Adblock on these sites and there's no add on half the page. It's just a very decent ad banner. Also there's nothing slow
    There's nothing slow? Guess the OP is making things up. There are animated banners and boxes, and when it's scheduled, there are half page ads to the left and the right for things like Alienware, as well as other games.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...bad-ads/page29 Problems past/present can be found on this site, as well as elsewhere. I'm sure a similar thread most likely exists on the first page.

You continue the ignorance and enjoy the ad network banners/ads that are routinely injected, I'll continue to not have to care, deal?
    I'm mean because you're stupid.

Not that slow for me

Takes me about 6~ seconds to connection to any of the curse networks, then about 1-1.5 seconds to fully load a page with an AdBlock addon.

Terrible example (Seeing as Googles resources nearly match Cisco's), but takes 0.31 seconds to load Google.
    Around 3 seconds to load Us.battle.Net
    2~ seconds for Wowace.
    around 1 second for Wowhead.

May be their security that makes connecting to Curse slow. Unless they have their servers mirrored, and at several separated locations that always keep each other in check, read, write, cache, save data.