Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1
    Mechagnome DrArtorius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Natal, Brazil
    Posts
    742

    Ridiculously high Assassin IJ parse

    Hi everyone, so... I was just looking at WCL for some reason and ended up seeing a 620K Assassin parse at IJ... Second best is not much higher than 510K, and then everyone is close to each other. I tried to figure out what that guy did differently than the others, but besides the extremely high poison damage at the beginning I don't think there is anything else THAT different.

    He is apparently going M>H>C with AoC and 4p. RNG with RPPM trinket was nothing spectacular...

    Yes, I know there is the possibility of being just a hacked log, but I wanted to know what you guys think anyway =)


    Warcraftlogs Iron Jugg


    Guy's Armory

    Log itself
    "Haste will fix it" - Ghostcrawler

  2. #2
    If I had to guess, they probably got a bunch of abilities to crit, which also coincidentially procced Deadly Poison ticks that also crit, and probably got a whole bunch of Multistrike procs from those THAT ALSO CRIT.

    Also, I point at this log as a perfect example of "Crazy Things That Happen When You Get 2 Secondary Stats Above 10k Without Buffs".

    But honestly, I have no idea.
    Carp - Illidan-US
    I wish I wish I was a fish.
    Rogue - Warlock

  3. #3
    Scarab Lord Nalira's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Hamburg
    Posts
    4,161
    You know something's wrong if that DPS is normal for Warlocks but someone has to make thread about it when it's Rogue.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    Knowing Celestalon, he both A) doesn't know and B) will nerf the spec until he figures it out while denying it ever happened.
    "Mastery Haste will fix it."

  4. #4
    Blademaster Tkilmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    43
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalira View Post
    You know something's wrong if that DPS is normal for Warlocks but someone has to make thread about it when it's Rogue.
    Hahaha, that is pretty true. Made me laugh with your comment though. X)

  5. #5
    Well, he got 7 procs from his rppm trinket in a 3 minute fight which is really lucky. 3 of those procs were during his opener with blood lust. They had 3 warriors as well who were probably chaining banners at the start during lust during which his crit rate would be massive due to his high uptime on trinkets. He also got 2 unholy frenzies.

  6. #6
    Yep 7 procs in 3 minutes is extremely lucky and he had those 2 frenzies,he was very lucky and also cheated.

    All parses this far into a tier are about luck and cheesy tactics
    Last edited by Malgo; 2014-06-07 at 12:56 PM.

  7. #7
    I like this guy , he chooses mastery for his main stat as assassination rogue should.

  8. #8
    Mechagnome DrArtorius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Natal, Brazil
    Posts
    742
    Yeah, looks like unholy frenzy is huge as hell.
    "Haste will fix it" - Ghostcrawler

  9. #9
    Stood in the Fire intrinsc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Seattle, Washington
    Posts
    438
    I'm also seeing weird things in combat parses with them starting with full slice and dice. Are there dummies somewhere to get CP or something?

  10. #10
    Starting with SnD is easy... ever think about swapping talents and putting some debuff up and swapping after its off cd? ez

  11. #11
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Engineering Corner of Shrine
    Posts
    187
    Marked for Death now pulls the boss if you use it.

    Source
    Last edited by Oggiva; 2014-06-09 at 03:04 AM.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Oggiva View Post
    Marked for Death now pulls the boss if you use it.

    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/10494573770
    It's not MfD pulling the boss, it's ruthlessness. This bug has been present since 5.4 went live in september. If you MfD, then detarget the boss and pop SnD, the boss won't pull.

  13. #13
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Engineering Corner of Shrine
    Posts
    187
    Right. I just tested it myself on a mob, and it didn't pull it. The person in the thread said it was mfd, so I just assumed it was true. It still seems like quite the effort though. I doubt there is a lot of people doing it.
    Last edited by Oggiva; 2014-06-09 at 03:10 AM.

  14. #14
    Don't get too excited by this.

    It was a three minute kill. As always, if the raid dps is high, then so is the dps of each individual. 3 mins means you have 20% uptime on hero, 25% with pots. Note that 1/2 of the dps ranked very high.

    Also, his gear is very good. This, along with the quick kill, enabled 88% Envenom uptime. It all scales together.

    Also, most Rogues do not even play Assassination, and only relatively few guilds log to Warcraft logs, which helped his ranking a lot.

    In short, he did well but you have to take this in context.
    Last edited by jtstormrage; 2014-06-09 at 07:25 AM.

  15. #15
    JT, the reason it was queried is the extreme gap between that and the 2nd highest assassination parse. Considering that, sorting by rogues, the next assassination parse (last I checked) was 21 ranks down (combat/sub inbetween), it stood out easily. We do, however, now know why.

    Yes, most of the folks in that ranking list are getting 2.5-3.5 min kills.

  16. #16
    Stood in the Fire intrinsc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Seattle, Washington
    Posts
    438
    Quote Originally Posted by Jellospally View Post
    Starting with SnD is easy... ever think about swapping talents and putting some debuff up and swapping after its off cd? ez
    I thought of that, but haven't bothered trying because it pulls Malkorok.(We tried it to get that extra "edge" and just ended up redirecting CP from the dummies in the room before Malk instead)

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by intrinsc View Post
    I thought of that, but haven't bothered trying because it pulls Malkorok.(We tried it to get that extra "edge" and just ended up redirecting CP from the dummies in the room before Malk instead)
    There are trash before Malk that you can redirect from instead of the dummies. Also possible for immerseus, nazgrim, and thok.

    Wouldnt it be better to do the respec trick than run down to the dummies, proc your AoC, n run back up for the 5 cp anyways? (1 min<2 min)

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by jtstormrage View Post
    Don't get too excited by this.

    It was a three minute kill. As always, if the raid dps is high, then so is the dps of each individual. 3 mins means you have 20% uptime on hero, 25% with pots. Note that 1/2 of the dps ranked very high.

    Also, his gear is very good. This, along with the quick kill, enabled 88% Envenom uptime. It all scales together.

    Also, most Rogues do not even play Assassination, and only relatively few guilds log to Warcraft logs, which helped his ranking a lot.

    In short, he did well but you have to take this in context.
    Most top rankings are under 3.5 mins now with the new item upgrade.

    His ranking is highest of all rogues, not just assassination and by a fairly large margin.

    Enough guilds have switched to warcraftlogs, that my ranking is relatively the same on both worldoflogs and warcraftlogs. I just compared the two sites based on combat rogue IJ logs alone, and the 150th ranking on warcraftlogs is higher than worldoflogs making it even harder to rank on warcraftlogs.
    Last edited by overdose; 2014-06-09 at 03:04 PM.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by intrinsc View Post
    I thought of that, but haven't bothered trying because it pulls Malkorok.(We tried it to get that extra "edge" and just ended up redirecting CP from the dummies in the room before Malk instead)
    I will say this again, neither Marked for death nor slice and dice pulls Malkorok. Ruthlessness does. If you want to pre-cast SnD without pulling the boss, simply do not target him while casting slice and dice. It's that easy. You lose a whole 1 combo point (the ruthlessness one).
    Last edited by shadowboy; 2014-06-09 at 03:36 PM.

  19. #19
    Stood in the Fire intrinsc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Seattle, Washington
    Posts
    438
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowboy View Post
    I will say this again, neither Marked for death nor slice and dice pulls Malkorok. Ruthlessness does. If you want to pre-cast SnD without pulling the boss, simply do not target him while casting slice and dice. It's that easy. You lose a whole 1 combo point (the ruthlessness one).
    Thanks. This whole issue used to be so much easier in Rift where CP were on me as a warrior instead of the target. And it's looking like it won't change in WoD as they've said that CP will be shared across all mobs instead of being on the rogue.

  20. #20
    He spiked over 2m dps for about a 10 second window on the pull with heroism up, I'm not sure what the percentages are supposed to be on the ppm for the meta gem, legendary cloak, and 4pc tier proc, but they look pretty high as well, and then of course getting fed unholy frenzy is going to help spike that dps as well.

    Looked like they were trying to get him ranked, which is a fun little mini-game many high-end guilds do to keep them interested as the expansion winds down.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •