Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I think it's a horrible idea

Mounts could be turned into no-combat pets that follow you around. That way people can still use them, maybe not in the way they intended but that's irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by bryroo View Post
    Mounts could be turned into no-combat pets that follow you around. That way people can still use them, maybe not in the way they intended but that's irrelevant.
    That is not irrelevant, that is the whole point. *facepalm*

Weird. When people use those arguments to support removing flying mounts they're all for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Esubane View Post
    Look at the OP's avatar.

It's a clear bait post to draw some attention.

Do not feed him. Stahp. Nao.
    You did a great job of not giving him any attention there, lad.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Many people would feel like they've lost hours of gametime if mounts was gone, all those house used to farming. It isn't a successful solution and the OP knows so, hence topic is written so.
    Indeed, I mean they even went out of their way to make sure that flying mounts still work even as ground mounts for those who spent hours farming rare mounts

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    All these people KNOW this, and yet the thread lives.
    And ironically enough, most of those posts broke rules while Jaylock didn't really yet, but it would probably be better to just report the thread if you really think it's breaks the rules/you haven't reported it yet.
    My shaman I guess if you want to see it or something.
    "It’s not what you have, or what you can do. Just being born, living your life… before you know it, you’re already special to someone."

Why don't we take it up a notch, you can only RP walk everywhere no more speed increasing abilities. Everything will be as slow or slower than resto druids tree form prior to Wrath.
    Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before... He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. -Kurt Vonnegut, "Cat's Cradle"
    "Not everything on the internet is true." -- Abraham Lincoln
    Good is the enemy of great.

no. I am totally behind limiting flying in new areas of content, and I enjoy the fact that we will be on the ground again. But removing such an iconic thing in the game as mounts is beyond ridiculous. I'm sorry, but I don't think you will get more than 3 other people who would agree with you in this thread

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Indeed, I mean they even went out of their way to make sure that flying mounts still work even as ground mounts for those who spent hours farming rare mounts

And ironically enough, most of those posts broke rules while Jaylock didn't really yet, but it would probably be better to just report the thread if you really think it's breaks the rules/you haven't reported it yet.
    My post hasnt broken any rules, and until it does, then something can be done about it.

I really have no clue why Superman-Blades Edge is so mad, he can choose not to contribute to the thread by not replying. Its as simple as that. If he does not like my idea of removing all mounts, guess what: dont reply!

OT: I like the idea of turning them into miniature non-combat pets that follow you around. It would still be something to collect, but just not ride on anymore.

I would rather instant travel or teleport rather than the stupid mount system we have now anyway.

Horrible suggestion. First of all, it's not a change you just make after 10 years of them being in the game. Aside from that, anyone who has ever done a BG at low levels (before you get a mount) can confirm how horrible that experience is. Aside from that, walking from quest point to quest point?... Guess everyone is gonna be grouping up with a druid with the stag glyph. Or we can go back to killing ourselves because the GY is right next to the quest turn in place and you don't wanna spend 10 minutes walking there. (You walk to the new questing place while ress sickness wears off!)

With all the complaints about portals and now the "removal" of flying mounts in dreanor, don't you think that integrating a teleport system would be insanely counter productive to what they're trying to accomplish?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    I would rather instant travel or teleport rather than the stupid mount system we have now anyway.
    Personally, I'd rather keep ground mounts and remove flight paths with instant travel, but that's just me.
    My shaman I guess if you want to see it or something.
    "It’s not what you have, or what you can do. Just being born, living your life… before you know it, you’re already special to someone."

No no no no no no no no noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Collecting mounts is a big part of what makes the game fun for me. I couldn't stay interested in GW partially because there were no mounts. The only thing keeping me subbed till WoD drops is that I don't want to miss any lockouts for farming mount drop bosses. Some people don't care about mounts, but to a lot of people they are the strongest reward/ incentive in an MMO. Just look at what happens when a rare mount drops in a raid.

No thanks...I walked to 40 on several toons and when I levelled toon 8-11 with lv 20 already allowing a mount I wished I could ride at lv 1.

Here I am imagining doing even my TI dailies purely on foot, in a relatively small environment. Honestly..I would quit over that change and that is saying something

- - - Updated - - -

I think we finally have a thread where the poll would read 100% "No freaking way"

Why do I get burned on the stake if I suggest to people "If you like the GW2 model so much, go play GW2"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Well people always whine about having to spend time traveling and they want their flying mounts in WoD, so.. why not just remove all mounts and introduce an instant teleport system to just put all that whine to rest once and for all?

Seems feasable too.
    That game is called Diablo 3
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    One cause is a cognitive bias called projection bias. Essentially living inside your own head your entire life makes it exceedingly difficult to understand how others do not also live your same life, think your same thoughts, and hold your same beliefs. In many cases it's quite frustrating to try to empathize and understand why you yourself may not be the center of the universe, which generally results in one 'acting out' in various ways.
    So, in short: the internet.

Well Blizz would never refund us, the mounts have become far too integral and mounts have been in game since its earliest days, so no Mr. Jaylock. I don't think that is a good idea. But I'm glad you suggested it so the lovely, friendly community at MMO-C can come together and have a civil discussion on the implications of mounts and how they add or take away from this legendary game.
    "If I didn't have bad luck I'd have no luck at all."

Quote Originally Posted by ngc2440 View Post
    If you pay attention to any of the threads he posts where mods comment in it is due to sheer generosity that they don't nuke him into oblivion. One could also go into tinfoil hat ideas as to why but that would be a pointless exercise in craziness.
    In all fairness, that dude does get banned a lot.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    One cause is a cognitive bias called projection bias. Essentially living inside your own head your entire life makes it exceedingly difficult to understand how others do not also live your same life, think your same thoughts, and hold your same beliefs. In many cases it's quite frustrating to try to empathize and understand why you yourself may not be the center of the universe, which generally results in one 'acting out' in various ways.
    So, in short: the internet.

Nah, teleportation ruined Everquest 1, mounts ruined World PvP in WoW, lets just have everyone travel on foot.

I'm for the removal of all of jaylock's mounts, if the rest of us can keep ours. Why? Because I feel bad for poor Jaylock I don't want him to be forced to mount up to get places. Run Jaylock Run!

This thread is comedy gold

Taking away what they like: "Great idea, it'll make it better for ME! Anyone that quits over it is a whiney entitled child!"
    Taking away what you like for same reason: "Terrible idea. I'd quit in a second!"

Thanks for the smiles folks

Polishing the foot I plan to park in Blizzard's ass
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I think it's a horrible idea
    Like most Jaylock threads.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Been there, done that... twice. Ironically to the same two mods who posted in it.

Of course its a Jaylock thread...

I would pay good money for that clickbait loser to be banned from the internet for life...
    How to 'Fix' WoW
    1. Fire Chris Metzen
    2. Separate PVE and PVP and balance them separately
    3. ????
    4. Profit!