Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Get rid of mounts completely?

What would you think about the idea of removing all mounts completely from the game. Any store bought mounts would be refunded to you via game time, and we could move to a better system of instant teleport nodes throughout the world.

Kinda like GW2 travel system.

Would you be in favor of removing mounts completely, or would you not be in favor of this change and why?

Deleted
    Isn't feasible at all. Many people have spent a lot of time gathering different mounts, so they would never just get rid of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. It works fine in guild wars 2 but it would not work in WoW because there would be a massive uproar and there would be significant sub losses.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

How do you come up with the most awful suggestions?

Not at all, simply because I am a Mount collector. I find them cool, and like being able to choose. It's customization, which is extra RPG in an MMORPG there is very light on the RP.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think that would be terrible. I enjoy having the mounts, I like the models, it's fun to ride around on them. Also I purchased mounts not game time with that money, it isn't the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    All my hard earned mounts gone? No thank you. Too many good memories attached to mounts like the ICC achievement mounts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I personally prefer mounts over in-game teleportation or "portal hubs." I guess it comes down to a question of micro-immersion, those things that keep you in the groove of the game (as opposed to macro-immersion, more of a hard RP type of immersion). Teleporting around the world and using portals kind of jar me out of my groove, even with the limited implementation WoW has with them so far. Mounts seem more seamless, more grounded in the game world and add flavor to the environment.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

you high brah?

walk from jade forest to the shrine.

still want mounts gone?
    somebody call for d doctor?

Definitely not. I would suggest having the mounts be level 40+ again though. Gives new players something to look forward to. I know 40 was my first major milestone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    What would you think about the idea of removing all mounts completely from the game. Any store bought mounts would be refunded to you via game time, and we could move to a better system of instant teleport nodes throughout the world.

Would you be in favor of removing mounts completely, or would you not be in favor of this change and why?
    Stop making threads. Please.

Nope, I like collecting mounts.

I'm crap at it, but I like it.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

is this... like, are you trying to make a satire hyperbole related to the removal of flying?

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    How do you come up with the most awful suggestions?
    Couldn't agree more... This will never happen in a million years (or more), OP.

10+ Year Old Account

You post some seriously stupid topics. I know, I know... you're trolling and just trying to waste peoples' time, but wow. I see your name and expect pointless nonsense, and you don't disappoint.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also one of my guildies would go insane if Blizzard did this. She has almost every mount in game.

10+ Year Old Account

Dude, no, just not. This would be a loss to the system. You don't remove something that has been in the game for so long. Would mean refunds for store bought, refunds for farmed, refunds for raid unobtainables and such.

I would never support this, and you know exactly that it'll not be good for the system.. And rather have mounts than "lol, just teleport". The instant teleport locations in GW2 was crap.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2014-06-06 at 06:19 PM.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bobo333 View Post
    you high brah?

walk from jade forest to the shrine.

still want mounts gone?
    He always posts stupid shit like this. Look at his post history.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

I personally hate the instant travel nodes ala GW2. I prefer MMO's with mounts because I actually enjoy traveling. For those times when I'm in a rush or feeling lazy I can take a taxi. Plus mounts are another way for us to give our characters more character (so sorry for the pun). Also If they exchanged the mounts I've purchased for in game time, I don't think I'd have to pay for almost a year. I'm cool with no flying, but I draw the line at losing my ground mounts. Keep in mind that mounts seem to be a big part of the lore.

Deleted
    Look at the OP's avatar.

It's a clear bait post to draw some attention.

Do not feed him. Stahp. Nao.