Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Weird. When people use those arguments to support removing flying mounts they're all for them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Esubane View Post
    Look at the OP's avatar.

It's a clear bait post to draw some attention.

Do not feed him. Stahp. Nao.
    You did a great job of not giving him any attention there, lad.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Many people would feel like they've lost hours of gametime if mounts was gone, all those house used to farming. It isn't a successful solution and the OP knows so, hence topic is written so.
    Indeed, I mean they even went out of their way to make sure that flying mounts still work even as ground mounts for those who spent hours farming rare mounts

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    All these people KNOW this, and yet the thread lives.
    And ironically enough, most of those posts broke rules while Jaylock didn't really yet, but it would probably be better to just report the thread if you really think it's breaks the rules/you haven't reported it yet.

Why don't we take it up a notch, you can only RP walk everywhere no more speed increasing abilities. Everything will be as slow or slower than resto druids tree form prior to Wrath.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

no. I am totally behind limiting flying in new areas of content, and I enjoy the fact that we will be on the ground again. But removing such an iconic thing in the game as mounts is beyond ridiculous. I'm sorry, but I don't think you will get more than 3 other people who would agree with you in this thread

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Indeed, I mean they even went out of their way to make sure that flying mounts still work even as ground mounts for those who spent hours farming rare mounts

And ironically enough, most of those posts broke rules while Jaylock didn't really yet, but it would probably be better to just report the thread if you really think it's breaks the rules/you haven't reported it yet.
    My post hasnt broken any rules, and until it does, then something can be done about it.

I really have no clue why Superman-Blades Edge is so mad, he can choose not to contribute to the thread by not replying. Its as simple as that. If he does not like my idea of removing all mounts, guess what: dont reply!

OT: I like the idea of turning them into miniature non-combat pets that follow you around. It would still be something to collect, but just not ride on anymore.

I would rather instant travel or teleport rather than the stupid mount system we have now anyway.

Horrible suggestion. First of all, it's not a change you just make after 10 years of them being in the game. Aside from that, anyone who has ever done a BG at low levels (before you get a mount) can confirm how horrible that experience is. Aside from that, walking from quest point to quest point?... Guess everyone is gonna be grouping up with a druid with the stag glyph. Or we can go back to killing ourselves because the GY is right next to the quest turn in place and you don't wanna spend 10 minutes walking there. (You walk to the new questing place while ress sickness wears off!)

With all the complaints about portals and now the "removal" of flying mounts in dreanor, don't you think that integrating a teleport system would be insanely counter productive to what they're trying to accomplish?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    I would rather instant travel or teleport rather than the stupid mount system we have now anyway.
    Personally, I'd rather keep ground mounts and remove flight paths with instant travel, but that's just me.

No no no no no no no no noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Collecting mounts is a big part of what makes the game fun for me. I couldn't stay interested in GW partially because there were no mounts. The only thing keeping me subbed till WoD drops is that I don't want to miss any lockouts for farming mount drop bosses. Some people don't care about mounts, but to a lot of people they are the strongest reward/ incentive in an MMO. Just look at what happens when a rare mount drops in a raid.

Well Blizz would never refund us, the mounts have become far too integral and mounts have been in game since its earliest days, so no Mr. Jaylock. I don't think that is a good idea. But I'm glad you suggested it so the lovely, friendly community at MMO-C can come together and have a civil discussion on the implications of mounts and how they add or take away from this legendary game.
    "If I didn't have bad luck I'd have no luck at all."

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nah, teleportation ruined Everquest 1, mounts ruined World PvP in WoW, lets just have everyone travel on foot.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm for the removal of all of jaylock's mounts, if the rest of us can keep ours. Why? Because I feel bad for poor Jaylock I don't want him to be forced to mount up to get places. Run Jaylock Run!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I think it's a horrible idea
    Like most Jaylock threads.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Been there, done that... twice. Ironically to the same two mods who posted in it.

Of course its a Jaylock thread...

I would pay good money for that clickbait loser to be banned from the internet for life...

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Fuck no is all I'm going to say like you aren't taking away my mounts :_;

10+ Year Old Account
    What would you think about the idea of removing all mounts completely from the game. Any store bought mounts would be refunded to you via game time, and we could move to a better system of instant teleport nodes throughout the world.

Kinda like GW2 travel system.

Would you be in favor of removing mounts completely, or would you not be in favor of this change and why?
    I much rather have mounts than teleports.

I would rather instant travel or teleport rather than the stupid mount system we have now anyway
    Then go fucking play a game that does that and stop trying to change the game to fit your needs.

I logged on just to say, my jaylock detector system is working 100% of the time.

This is a very silly idea....

If they got rid of mounts completely, what would they sell in the Blizzard online store? Gear!?!
    "The round, metal cooking utensil referring to the larger, cookware customarily used for, but not limited to, stews, as being of a dark shade or possibly of African descent." ~~ Fixed for now. But keep in mind any one of the words used in that fix may become politically incorrect or offensive at any moment for any reason. Further amendments may be required to prevent frivolous lawsuits in the future.

Deleted
    The "wpvp-ers" whine flying mounts killed wpvp. Now that we don't have flying mounts, they will whine that ground mounts move too fast, so Blizzard will remove ground mounts too.