Stuck with garrisons until 100

Reading part 1 of the Garrison blog it seems like you can't opt out without it drastically hurting your experience.

What in particular gave you that reaction?

raise an army capable of toppling the Iron Horde, and the Garrison is integral to that experience

That's accurate in terms of the story though. Your mission in Draenor is to build a base and rally an army against the Iron Horde.
    If you just want to run dungeons or do BGs or whatever else and then raid/PvP/etc. at 100, though, you can absolutely do that

So basically we have to have garrisons 90 -100 then at 100 were free to do what we want in game. Thats how he makes it sound, or am I mistaken?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by alltheydoisdance View Post
    Reading part 1 of the Garrison blog it seems like you can't opt out without it drastically hurting your experience.

raise an army capable of toppling the Iron Horde, and the Garrison is integral to that experience

That's accurate in terms of the story though. Your mission in Draenor is to build a base and rally an army against the Iron Horde.
    If you just want to run dungeons or do BGs or whatever else and then raid/PvP/etc. at 100, though, you can absolutely do that

So basically we have to have garrisons 90 -100 then at 100 were free to do what we want in game. Thats how he makes it sound, or am I mistaken?
    Just gonna make this clear, the quests you get from your garrison are just like a Quest hub during leveling. You would be doing the same quests as you did in Mists and all.

If you are questing, you will "have" to do your Garrison, because it is part of the questing experience- you won't have to do upkeep on it, and you won't have to spend gold on it, but you will get quests related to it and to the story of the expansion as you quest.

What he's saying there is that, if you want to do 90-100 in BGs or dungeons and not quest, and then raid or PvP at 100, you can do that without doing Garrisons at all.

I don't have the exacts quotes, so I am paraphrasing here, but I was under the impression that the Garrison was going to be optional to do. Now Every one must do the story arc that involves the garrison when you are lead into Draenor, that part is mandatory, but it leads to quests outside of the Garrison and you are not forced to go back.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostShaman View Post
    I don't have the exacts quotes, so I am paraphrasing here, but I was under the impression that the Garrison was going to be optional to do. Now Every one must do the story arc that involves the garrison when you are lead into Draenor, that part is mandatory, but it leads to quests outside of the Garrison and you are not forced to go back.
    I dont understand the whole complaining about mandatory thing........Its like complaining that questing is mandatory.

Why would you not want to use your garrison? What could possibly motivate you to opt out of using it, but not want to opt out of questing? If you're opposed to it on principle, then level up through LFD, gathering, and PVP. It's a part of the story line. You have to establish a base in a totally hostile world. Why would you not want to do that? I swear, if you give people a free car, they'll complain about the cost of insurance on it.

1) You don't have to do the Garrison "minigame" AKA managing your minions, upkeep, adding new buildings, defending against invasions, etc.
    2) You do have to earn a garrison. It's central to the questing, but you don't have to touch your garrison again.
    3) You don't need to work on your garrison to get to 100. You can quest, grind, do dungeons, PvP, develop professions, do scenarios, etc.
    4) The Garrison will help you get quests, move around the world, etc. but is 100% optional 90-99 as well as at 100. Highly suggested/helpful? Yes. Required? No. Stupid to avoid? Yes.

Also, the whole theme of this expansion is building up an army on a hostile planet. Garrisons give you gear, teleportation to other zones, additional bank/AH space, gold, crafting mats, alternative professions, additional quests, fun challenges, etc. but because 20% of WoW players will always be sniveling whiners, Blizz made one of the central elements of their new expansion optional.
    Last edited by raviadso; 2014-06-06 at 07:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by raviadso View Post
    1) You don't have to do the Garrison "minigame" AKA managing your minions, upkeep, adding new buildings, defending against invasions, etc.
    2) You do have to earn a garrison. It's central to the questing, but you don't have to touch your garrison again.
    3) You don't need to work on your garrison to get to 100. You can quest, grind, do dungeons, PvP, develop professions, do scenarios, etc.
    4) The Garrison will help you get quests, move around the world, etc. but is 100% optional 90-99 as well as at 100. Highly suggested/helpful? Yes. Required? No. Stupid to avoid? Yes.

Also, the whole theme of this expansion is building up an army on a hostile planet. Garrisons give you gear, teleportation to other zones, additional bank/AH space, gold, crafting mats, alternative professions, additional quests, fun challenges, etc. but because 20% of WoW players will always be sniveling whiners, Blizz made one of the central elements of their new expansion optional.
    20%? More like 1% of a loud minority that will complain about anything, even something optional xD