Poll: Who should receive a 4th Tank spec?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    As much as I main a warlock, I would rather it not go to warlock, due to the popular concept overlapping such much and the possibility of messy issues from permanent pets.
    That leaves Shaman I suppose.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

I would love to be able to tank as a combat rogue and enhancement shaman.

As a combat rogue tank, I would want to be able to use blade flurry and fan of knives to hold aggro. I would want blizzard to create finishing moves that would be defensive instead offensive. Evasion would be a finishing move that would give you 40% dodge. The more combo points you put into it, the longer it would last. You would also want to use recuperate. I would also make a finishing move that would either give you 40% damage reduction or 40% parry. The amount of combo points would determine how long these finishing moves lasted. If you were not taking much damage from your targets, you could decide to use rupture, slice and dice and or eviscerate instead.
    I would say let every rogue spec tank. Sub and assassination would have no problem hold aggro with fan of knives. As a tank of either rogue spec you would use the finishing moves i described.

I would think enhancement shaman would be a lot of fun to tank. Chain lightning would be great for pulls and aoe tanking. The flame shock, lava lash and fire nova would be great for shaman aoe tanking also. Enhancement shaman tanks would use a shield. I'm not sure how i would give shamans active damage mitigation and evasion though. Give the shaman some kind of shield slam/shield of the righteous attack that causes a short period of damage mitigation. Give the shaman a dodge bonus on earth shock. Make the earth shock cause a dot that gives the shaman a dodge bonus for 8 seconds or something like that.

Warlock can already tank flex so.... obvious choice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Futhark View Post
    Which classes do you want to see get an additional Tank spec?
    Shaman and Warlock.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, of choice.. A battle-mage or Demon Lock - think they hold the best chances.

Weather they would be used for that, is different. Hehe.

Though sadly been said many times through the years, by players and developers. More classes able to tank doesn't mean more tanks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ashrael View Post
    Warlock can already tank flex so.... obvious choice.
    Well, rogues was able to tank once as well as Shamans.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Hmm, of choice.. A battle-mage or Demon Lock - think they hold the best chances.

Weather they would be used for that, is different. Hehe.

Though sadly been said many times through the years, by players and developers. More classes able to tank doesn't mean more tanks.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, rogues was able to tank once as well as Shamans.
    yeah but they don't have a 3/4th of a tank spec ready.

Warlock and Shaman. Shaman spec would have to be called Earthwarder, with an ability called Last Defender of Azeroth.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

shaman. earthwarder. they already use shields. rockbiter taunts when they unleash elements. all they need is seriously a few mitigation passives, a consistent cleave and there, shamans are tanks.

warlocks. would have to be entirely in a demon form. bring back shadowbolt volley. a cleave that gives a shield. single target attack that heals the warlock. kind of a dk/paladin hybrid.

Enhancement shamans, they used to be viable offtanks.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah but they don't have a 3/4th of a tank spec ready.
    Well, I know lock, rogue and shaman basicly had a tank specc in their peaking time. Not officially but was used many times.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Definitely Balance druids.

Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Well, I know lock, rogue and shaman basicly had a tank specc in their peaking time. Not officially but was used many times.
    I don't recall there being threat bonuses besides the locks DA and shamans weapon enchant, which barely gave a threat bonus...

I could be wrong tho.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't recall there being threat bonuses besides the locks DA and shamans weapon enchant, which barely gave a threat bonus...

I could be wrong tho.
    Rolled with a shaman tank in Wrath for a short moment with rockbiter and tagged from the side with salvation buffs on the highest DPS. Unsure with the rogue bit myself, just know people have done it.. We always in the past used rogues as bait.

I could be wrong tho.
    Locks had a short cast high threat flame spell, shamans have had high threat spells, still have threat modifiers AND a taunt.

The only thing shamans really missed from being a viable tank spec right now is the stance to bring them in line passively. Ideally their active mit would be more mit and not just self healing as maelstrom is, but it could work regardless. This is all Pre-WoD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Locks had a short cast high threat flame spell
    Man, I had completely forgotten about Searing Pain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

The biggest difference between other "sub-tanks(?)" is how warlock has a stance that increases threat and armor. All it needs is a active "tank" and it's working.

4th spec? Nah, a small few changes to Demonology is enough.

The biggest difference between other "sub-tanks(?)" is how warlock has a stance that increases threat and armor. All it needs is a active "tank" and it's working.
    Active tank is a LOT more work to put in than a passive stance. 1 is a passive % buff. The other is a completely new mechanic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."